Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yikes, is Mrs Gut OK? Did she get the details of the vehicle that ran her off the road?

She is fine thanks, unfortunately all to quick to get his number, as I said we were looking at a new car soon, just all happened way quicker than we were planning and I’d just ordered the new wheelchair all just at the wrong time, but hey if we get the new car before the Christmas holidays it may help us get away.

16 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I’d love to do a road trip but with very little work flowing, just had to order a new wheelchair and looks like we need to but a new car after Mrs Gut got ran off the road, we were going to soon but looks like it may need to be bought forward. It doesn’t look too good.

I do hope your lovely wife is okay, a bent car is easy to fix or replace. Broken people not so much. Best of luck and I do hope any injuries are minor and there is a speedy recovery.

There are some nasty people around. Technology is almost at the point where all cars could come equipped with dash cams, front, back and sides, automatically recording while the car is in motion or if motion is sensed around the vehicle. That would provide evidence in cases like that and may even deter car thieves.

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I do hope your lovely wife is okay, a bent car is easy to fix or replace. Broken people not so much. Best of luck and I do hope any injuries are minor and there is a speedy recovery.

Fortunately she wasn’t hurt at all, a little shaken. We seem blessed with car accidents, a few years ago our daughter rolled our car up the local mountains when there was a minor land slip that took her over the edge, 5 in the car, not even a scratch, stopped about a foot from a 20 metre drop by a tree no thicker than my wrist. If Mrs G had been going slightly quicker she would probably ended up head first into a pole, but instead just a bit of a mess of the car.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

She is fine, just the car not so good.

When did this occur mate? No doubt you have decent motor vehicle insurance for repairs or write off?  Glad to hear the boss is ok.

Edited by NSWP

15 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Now that we know she is okay may I suggest this as an appropriate replacement

20170926_160122.thumb.jpg.1c8725ca43bf4879aea7da6359a08d0d.jpg

Please note the steering wheel is conveniently located on the wrong side to properly suit the driving conditions where you are.

We drive on the left side which is the right side, you Mob drive on the right side which is the wrong side. Get with the  Commonwealth, keep left. Lol. Roller or Bentley? Very nice motor.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Just now, NSWP said:

We drive on the left side which is the right side, you Mob drive on thevright side which is the wrong side. Get with Commonwealth, keep left. Lol.

Thanks Uncle Les, I'll be sure to do that while I am there. I have to wonder if Canada is the only Commonwealth  country that drives on the Right (correct) side of the road😇. Remember the 345 million pound Gorilla to our south.

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Uncle Les, I'll be sure to do that while I am there. I have to wonder if Canada is the only Commonwealth  country that drives on the Right (correct) side of the road😇. Remember the 345 million pound Gorilla to our south.

What sort of car Lyle

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

It is good to explore your own state or territory, I plan on heading to the other side of the territory on the weekend, maybe even be back in time for dinner.

Go after morning tea and you will be back for lunch old son, nothing is very far in the ACT, like Norfolk Island, but slightly better roads.

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Here is the mascot

20170926_160142.thumb.jpg.d1a264e2e504ac9a69627f9e579be447.jpg

That car is truly beautiful and an award winner, that ribbon is 3rd place at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Ah ye olde Lagonda, lovely  motor. A few dollars worth there.

37 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Fortunately she wasn’t hurt at all, a little shaken. We seem blessed with car accidents, a few years ago our daughter rolled our car up the local mountains when there was a minor land slip that took her over the edge, 5 in the car, not even a scratch, stopped about a foot from a 20 metre drop by a tree no thicker than my wrist. If Mrs G had been going slightly quicker she would probably ended up head first into a pole, but instead just a bit of a mess of the car.

Glad to hear Mrs GUT is ok, at least a car can be replaced. 

Leigh

Glad your wife is OK Mr Gut and happy hunting for a new car.   I really like the sports car Blackduck and I am due for a new car but I will probably get the type of car hubby wants me to have - boring but OK.

9 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Glad your wife is OK Mr Gut and happy hunting for a new car.   I really like the sports car Blackduck and I am due for a new car but I will probably get the type of car hubby wants me to have - boring but OK.

Maybe something like this

20180716_154243.thumb.jpg.097595a9c7e1f9d285e371e596cff2a3.jpg

Bet your hubby would like this😎

56 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Hey, pick your own car, not your hubby, remember Helen Reddys song, I am Woman, it is 2020. My late wife always picked her new 🚘 

Edited by NSWP

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Hey, pick your own car, not your hubby, remember Helen Reddys song, I am Woman, it is 2020. My late wife always picked her new 🚘 

I just go with the flow.   In the end if I can't have a nice black sports car, anything new will do.

We had bought a RAV4 early this year but had to cancel when I ended up back in hospital, gave our Lexus to our daughter last year. 

and looks like that’s what we will go with now, but there is a substantial wait.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:
  • Have to say I wouldn’t ind this one.

a convertible I could get in and out of

https://www.jeep.com.au/gladiator.html

Jeeps are not exactly renowned for safety.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/motoring/motoring-news/2020-jeep-gladiator-gets-three-star-ancap-safety-rating/news-story/47dc23fdca0546c0a0e955691cb6e2b2