Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Freckles is standing down as leader of opposition in Qld. Pity, she would have been a refreshing change if her party had one the election.

On the weekend, post election results,  on the news she stated she was going to fight on in opposition for 4 year, quick turn around, family comes first.

When you loose an election, it is protocol to resign.  Deb didn't.  GC headlines were that she was going to be rolled (broadwater's david crisafulli will be a contender).

Another article had a photo of Clive Palmer on his yacht, with two former LNP Presidents, on election night

31 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

From 1 am, Old/NSW Border opened to Regional NSW (excluding Greater Sydney and Vic.).

The Premier will consider further opening of the border at the end of the month.  

It's a bit silly.

Anyone from Sydney can go anywhere in regional NSW, and those in regional NSW can go to QLD. So an asymptomatic person from Sydney could go on holiday and pass the virus on to someone who was about to go to QLD.

I think the QLD premier is still playing childish political games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a bit silly.

Anyone from Sydney can go anywhere in regional NSW, and those in regional NSW can go to QLD. So an asymptomatic person from Sydney could go on holiday and pass the virus on to someone who was about to go to QLD.

Some would be more harsh in their appraisal.🤐

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a bit silly.

The majority of people in Queensland don't think so.  However, lets just agree to disagree.

57 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Heard today about a family from Qld meeting their Sydney relatives in regional NSW this week, not sure how the current restrictions protect anyone from that.

Queenslanders can meet their Sydney relatives in regional NSW.  However, if their Sydney relatives came from Greater Sydney, the Queensland people would need to quarantine on their return to Qld.  

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Queenslanders can meet their Sydney relatives in regional NSW.  However, if their Sydney relatives came from Greater Sydney, the Queensland people would need to quarantine on their return to Qld.  

And we've already seen examples of how some Queenslanders lie about where they've been and who they've associated with. That's why the Sydney ban is so silly.

Speaking, in a roundabout way, of inconsiderate people ... I really hate it when people decide to bring their boom boxes to places like apartment swimming pools. Since all the apartments overlook the pool it means that they are "entertaining" the whole apartment complex with their crappy choice of music. 🤬🤬🤬

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Speaking, in a roundabout way, of inconsiderate people ... I really hate it when people decide to bring their boom boxes to places like apartment swimming pools. Since all the apartments overlook the pool it means that they are "entertaining" the whole apartment complex with their crappy choice of music. 🤬🤬🤬

BIG splash.

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And we've already seen examples of how some Queenslanders lie about where they've been and who they've associated with. That's why the Sydney ban is so silly.

The system can only operate on trust.  The border auths do follow up on people who they believe have lied to gain entry into Qld.  

I attend a musical concert several times a year in Sydney.  It will be recommencing in Nov. but I don't have to go, if the Govt says it is not safe to go.  I appreciate the advice of the experts.

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sound like the manager of the complex weren't doing their job, assuming there was a manager.

41 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

A comment, having in mind the title of this thread "Keeping our moral up during the pandemic". I reckon the best thing to do is book a cruise, or two, or three .........

If you think they will sail.

Just now, NSWP said:

If you think they will sail.

I hope there will be an effective vaccine by mid 2021 or so.

The first cruise we have booked is August 2021. I feel we have a 50/50 chance of that one sailing. The others are later in 2021 and in 2022. We have laid out virtually nothing in deposits because they are either FCD or FCC. So far, the companies have been reasonable about refunds. If cruising doesn't start by the end of 2021, it might be the end of the industry.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I hope there will be an effective vaccine by mid 2021 or so.

The first cruise we have booked is August 2021. I feel we have a 50/50 chance of that one sailing. The others are later in 2021 and in 2022. We have laid out virtually nothing in deposits because they are either FCD or FCC. So far, the companies have been reasonable about refunds. If cruising doesn't start by the end of 2021, it might be the end of the industry.

Agree, even the likes of Carnival and RCI are really  feeling pain.

41 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

The system can only operate on trust.  The border auths do follow up on people who they believe have lied to gain entry into Qld.  

I attend a musical concert several times a year in Sydney.  It will be recommencing in Nov. but I don't have to go, if the Govt says it is not safe to go.  I appreciate the advice of the experts.

But harder for them to check up on who they associated with if they were staying in some regional NSW town.

I don't have a problem with QLD having closed borders to the whole of NSW if QLD thinks it's necessary but this partial opening just seems senseless to me. However I think the risk is very low.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Tempting, but they'd placed it well away from the water. 

These days those speakers or sound bars as they call them are waterproof so it wouldn't make a difference dropping them in the water😂

Edited by ilikeanswers

49 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sound like the manager of the complex weren't doing their job, assuming there was a manager.

There is a manager in the office during the day. The music wasn't particularly loud but just loud enough to be noticeable, especially if you didn't like it. And it wasn't as if they were listening to it, they were all in the pool splashing around. Ah well, we go home tomorrow.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There is a manager in the office during the day. The music wasn't particularly loud but loud enough to just be noticeable, especially if you didn't like it. And itvwasn't as if theyvwere listening to it, they were all in the pool splashing around. Ah well, we go home tomorrow.

Reminds me of a bus stop in Southport where young people gathered and left a mess.  Then the owners played loud classical music.  No more young people.  Problem solved!

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Reminds me of a bus stop in Southport where young people gathered and left a mess.  Then the owners played loud classical music.  No more young people.  Problem solved!

We did that 20 yrs ago in Brighton, in southern sydney, the rev heads caused havoc by hanging around on weekend nights, so we got Rockdale Council to boom the classical music around the beachfront. Suffice to say the hoons got sick of it. More than one way to skin a cat, lol🤥👮‍♂️

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

The 1812 Overture works wonders! 🤣

• Haha 1

Speaking of music, the beautiful city of music Vienna and tragic events last night.

Reading an account of a person who was attending a concert in the opera house, police secured the building keeping them safe inside and the orchestra played on until they were told it was safe to leave the building.

Music can be valuable to change moods and divert negativity.

Having been lucky enough to visit the city and have enjoyed the Christmas markets and lights around this time of the year, sad to see this event.

Nevertheless it happens.

Under curfew and lockdown now for Covid so perhaps there will be some degree of safety albeit locked down has different challenges.

Roll on the vaccines so we can resume travel.

The other stuff is more difficult to fix. 

Sydney to Hobart Yacht race will be held on Boxing Day, which will make a lot of people happy. 

I'll always remember sitting on the headland, with a picnic, watching the start of the boat race in Sydney Harbour then racing across to The Gap to see the boats getaway.