Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

11 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Nor their reliability. Just two if the reasons I won’t be getting one, but it does look cool.

We bought a brand new Subaru Forrester back in March and we really enjoy it. I have ordered the winter tires and wheels for it. I hope to get those installed on the weekend. Mr. Gut do you have special requirements that it takes so long to get delivery of a vehicle?

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We bought a brand new Subaru Forrester back in March and we really enjoy it. I have ordered the winter tires and wheels for it. I hope to get those installed on the weekend. Mr. Gut do you have special requirements that it takes so long to get delivery of a vehicle?

We considered a Forester. Part of the delay is that all RAV4s are selling like hot cakes, complicated by the fact that we decided to get the Hybrid which are in even shorter supply. We aren’t in a huge hurry. One reason we went for this car was the ride comfort, without paying twice the money it is the winner for my back, by lengths. But then that was why we had the Lexuses in the first place, their comfort level was just so far ahead of the rest, for me.

of course like so many things this Covid has effected most things.

Had we insisted on white the delay would have been even longer. There remains a chance we will get it this year, they are telling us worst case.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Apparently those cars a notoriously hard to locate, they even made a film about it.

We really did not have any trouble finding our Forester there were many to choose from. We chose the red with black leather interior and most of the bells and whistles. I don't think there is much difficulty finding a Hybrid Rav4 either of course the steering wheel is on the wrong side for you guys. I wonder what the split is with production Left hand drive to right hand drive.

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Thought of RAV.... but wanted something a bit more 4x4      started with Suzuki :-  LJ50 ( 9 years)..  then a Sierra ( 11 years ) .. and finally grand vitara 3 door. (now 12 years ).. ( as there is only the two of us suit as fine )

Cheers Don

Where as 4x4 wasn’t a consideration for us, the only reason for us for a SUV is it is so much easier for me to get in and out, plus room for the wheelchair of the day.

7 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Where as 4x4 wasn’t a consideration for us, the only reason for us for a SUV is it is so much easier for me to get in and out, plus room for the wheelchair of the day.

The SUV is certainly easier to embark and disembark from for us oldies.  I like my motor.779408825_th(2).jpg.dc0a385c7b53cc6d98046d1218bee286.jpg

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The SUV is certainly easier to embark and disembark from for us oldies.  I like my motor.779408825_th(2).jpg.dc0a385c7b53cc6d98046d1218bee286.jpg

Our first pick is a similar colour, unfortunately access has been an issue for me for a loooooooong time bought a Honda CRV about 20 years ago far that reason, followed it with a couple of Lexus SUV, really wanted a convertible but can’t find one I can get in and out of,

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Our first pick is a similar colour, unfortunately access has been an issue for me for a loooooooong time bought a Honda CRV about 20 years ago far that reason, followed it with a couple of Lexus SUV, really wanted a convertible but can’t find one I can get in and out of,

Crikey the Lexus is an expensive vehicle.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Crikey the Lexus is an expensive vehicle.

Having had to all but stop working, that is one reason we aren’t getting another one, our first one was bought at 0% interest and cost less than a new Falcon would have in payments.

Just now, getting older slowly said:

I must admit one thing i like about the Suzuki   is the ease of getting in and out  due to the right height...

also the large back door... and again height  you get mostd thing in... got a new Dishwasher for mum adn straight in the back.... CHeers Don

We seriously looked at a Vitara, just once I got the wheelchair in there was no room for passengers and with a string of new grandkids that was important.

13 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

We seriously looked at a Vitara, just once I got the wheelchair in there was no room for passengers and with a string of new grandkids that was important.

Fully understand......   For us with no kids   a back seat is for looking at......lol

Cheers Don

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Fully understand......   For us with no kids   a back seat is for looking at......lol

Cheers Don

Mum and dad are thinking of one last car, and if they do I am suggesting they seriously look at the Vitara.

1 minute ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I love my new RAV 4. Just clocked up the first 1,000 kms

A joy to drive .🚘😀🚘

Be carefully you will wear it out........ lol

my mum in her 90's  wanted a newer car..... the list  4 doors, Airbags. abs, auto, power steering, a/c, small.. not to sit to low... and the right price....  ended up point her to Suzuki Alto  a 3.5m box....

well she only drive down the street and that is about it... not a bad little car....

Where as my other car is the opposite at about 5.3m  with all the same things plus space...lol

Don

9 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I love my new RAV 4. Just clocked up the first 1,000 kms

A joy to drive .🚘😀🚘

Which one did you get?

We have hired one twice so have given them a pretty long test drive over some different roads, as well as a couple of traditional test drives, pretty happy with it. Really not much different than the Lexus.

28 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Which one did you get?

Im over 4W drive excitement now so just went for the front wheel drive 2 litre GXL .petrol model . My mileage is very low these days so that was all I need . I went for comfort and reliability . It’s got all the bells and whistles I will ever need  , some of which I don’t use , but also very impressed with all the safety features.