Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

On 11/3/2020 at 5:25 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Speaking, in a roundabout way, of inconsiderate people ... I really hate it when people decide to bring their boom boxes to places like apartment swimming pools. Since all the apartments overlook the pool it means that they are "entertaining" the whole apartment complex with their crappy choice of music. 🤬🤬🤬

They should get together and set up their own boom boxes playing Barry Manilow.😲

On 11/3/2020 at 5:34 PM, Aus Traveller said:

A comment, having in mind the title of this thread "Keeping our moral up during the pandemic". I reckon the best thing to do is book a cruise, or two, or three .........

I can see that working - until the booked cruises get cancelled again.

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I can see that working - until the booked cruises get cancelled again.

We will wait and see. 🙂 If I thought all these cruises would be cancelled, I would forget about cruising right now. If the cruise companies can't get up and running in the next two years,  there is no way they can survive. If I thought that was going to happen, I would say "farewell" to CC. 😁

Well the way I see it...... from sitting on the lounge in front of my laptop with a G&T....

If cruising doesn't show a fixed start date by the time final payment is due on our 5th Nov 2021 cruise.....

I agree with Aus Traveller.... and put cruising in the been there done that basket......

added if Cruises from Melbourne dries up..... that will be the end of it for us.....

Even the Spirit is leaving Station Pier and going down towards Geelong.......

But having said that      if Princess continues to cruise from Melbourne at a suitable price...

could be in for a couple more......

Don

41 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Well the way I see it...... from sitting on the lounge in front of my laptop with a G&T....

If cruising doesn't show a fixed start date by the time final payment is due on our 5th Nov 2021 cruise.....

I agree with Aus Traveller.... and put cruising in the been there done that basket......

added if Cruises from Melbourne dries up..... that will be the end of it for us.....

Even the Spirit is leaving Station Pier and going down towards Geelong.......

But having said that      if Princess continues to cruise from Melbourne at a suitable price...

could be in for a couple more......

Don

Now that is a realistic approach.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Started the day with a celebration breakfast at Spitfire grill, what wonderful news the morning brought. Something to take our minds of the doom of covid and remind us that any group United in a goal can find new States of success.

I'm also delighted to learn that an announcement has been made.  Did a happy dance.  First priority is task force on managing the corona virus which is currently spreading rapidly.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Started the day with a celebration breakfast at Spitfire grill, what wonderful news the morning brought. Something to take our minds of the doom of covid and remind us that any group United in a goal can find new States of success.

Over the last few days, I have spent a lot of time, probably too much, watching the figures. 🙂 The man at the centre of this doesn't seem to realise that he is making a fool of himself and making his country look like the proverbial banana republic.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm also delighted to learn that an announcement has been made.  Did a happy dance.  First priority is task force on managing the corona virus which is currently spreading rapidly.  

The new administration will also have a mammoth job healing the country from its divisions that have worsened over the last week or so.

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The new administration will also have a mammoth job healing the country from its divisions that have worsened over the last week or so.

I have been a frequent visitor and my observation is that the country has always been divided.  The size of the vote for each demonstrates that.  My girlfriend, a nun, says you need to take your masking tape when you visit.  

5 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Hi everyone I haven't been on for a little while & the site has obviously changed. I'm asking this here because it's the only notification I have. 

How do I actually find the Australian NZ forum please?

Under ports of call - Aust and NZ

3 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Hi everyone I haven't been on for a little while & the site has obviously changed. I'm asking this here because it's the only notification I have. 

How do I actually find the Australian NZ forum please?

From the Community home page just keep scrolling down until you find "Australia & New Zealand Cruisers. We don't have any subforums so it's very easy. This is our general discussion forum. Be warned, going off topic frequently happens.

And as MMDown Under has said, there is also an Australia & New Zealand subforum under Ports of Call which is where people discuss the various ports.

• Like 1

Well    I have booked to go away.... more then 25km  in fact 230km from home   wow  such a long way..lol

Since as far as i have driven in the last 8 months   is 5.2km to Bunnings  now 260km   all at one time

It is like 50 trips to the supermarket.....wow....

To a pretty place near Halls Gap.....  but book out at the moment ... so have to wait until the 7th Dec

for 4 nights.... of R&R.                       All ready  started planing the dinner and lunch menus....

Along with which wine to take......

Cheers Don with G&T

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Well    I have booked to go away.... more then 25km  in fact 230km from home   wow  such a long way..lol

Since as far as i have driven in the last 8 months   is 5.2km to Bunnings  now 260km   all at one time

It is like 50 trips to the supermarket.....wow....

To a pretty place near Halls Gap.....  but book out at the moment ... so have to wait until the 7th Dec

for 4 nights.... of R&R.                       All ready  started planing the dinner and lunch menus....

Along with which wine to take......

Cheers Don with G&T

Well done planning a longer trip in Dec.  260 km you'll have to take a break en route. 

Always nice having a trip to look forward to.  planning if half the fun!

Oh Halls Gap is gorgeous Don!  And you'll be close to Dunkeld.  Make sure you have a lunch or dinner at the Royal Mail Hotel.  It's been quite a while since we dined there but OMG, delicious!  Must get up that way again ... oh!  We can now - whoopie!

https://royalmail.com.au/

Edit:  Oh, hang on, just checked that website.  Looks like it's changed hands.  Oh well it might still be wonderful or .... maybe not?  Check it out and if you don't like the look or "smell" of it, just walk out!

Edited by LC1950

Actually the place is near to Pomonal and quite a way down to Dunkeld

Will be eating in and enjoying the view..... one thing i realised is this would have been the longest we have stayed at home in the last 20+ years  which will be 353 days

Lunch the other year we stayed there...     Don

608218424_lunchatbd2018.thumb.jpg.9c5825d0a0edb342852682e3b670a095.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Actually the place is near to Pomonal and quite a way down to Dunkeld

Will be eating in and enjoying the view..... one thing i realised is this would have been the longest we have stayed at home in the last 20+ years  which will be 353 days

Lunch the other year we stayed there...     Don

608218424_lunchatbd2018.thumb.jpg.9c5825d0a0edb342852682e3b670a095.jpg

What beautiful accommodation with all that glass to admire the view.  Just noticed there is a fireplace.  I'll have to find Pomonal on the map. 

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

What beautiful accommodation with all that glass to admire the view.  Just noticed there is a fireplace.  I'll have to find Pomonal on the map. 

Actually the fireplace has been removed and replace with picture window   with a new table and chairs in front of it.... the place is in Birdswing Road...... very relaxing watching all the wildlife....  Don