RC Health Plan - Health and Safety Panel Report are now released

A&L_Ont

27 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This is the Cruise lines way to avoid the 70+ Issue. Let the CDC decide. 

And coupled with #11, would drastically reduce the number of said passengers on board, if said passengers choose to confer with their physician and follow their possible recommendation. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I could live with that molly but where do I get tested 5 days or less before my cruise, and get results. The drive thrust here were backed up 2 weeks on results.

And I have b2b booked feb 21 and feb 28. And I'm possibly in high risk because of my age, the rest I can live with

The other problem is...what is the point of getting a test 5 or 3 days before you board.  They should do the salvia test at the terminal before we all board.  Just like MSC has been doing since beginning of august.   Then I would feel alot safer.

The rest of the items I, too, can live with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Maybe the 15 minute Abbott tests will be more readily available by then -- fingers crossed for you 🤞

I'm not buying one of those tests Amazon sells for almost $200. Now what? I assumed would be like msc who did their own testing, not expect me. Plus mine is a b2b

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The other problem is...what is the point of getting a test 5 or 3 days before you board.  They should do the salvia test at the terminal before we all board.  Just like MSC has been doing since beginning of august.   Then I would feel alot safer.

The rest of the items I, too, can live with.

Exactly what I was thinking 

And what if you are vaccinated .. I hope to be before my april cruise. 

But it's my b2b in feb I'm sitting here going omg about

They will also need to define the proof needed for a "negative result that is shared with the cruise operator".  Is that going to be a note from the doctor/clinic/drive-thru that conducted the test, or do they want something from the actual lab that performed the analysis?  I've not had a test but from what I've read many test results are transmitted to the patient only by a phone call or text with no documentation provided.  I doubt showing them my phone with a "you tested negative" text will suffice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

It’s the Evacuation Scenarios and recommendations 50 to 54 that will cause the most grief for the cruise lines.  All the rest is around prevention, these four recommendations are focused on what happens in the event of a significant outbreak.

When Pullmantur ceased operations, Royal took control of the air planes they had.  I am sure they would use them for these situations, wouldn't they?

I find this health plan to be very general.  It pretty much is what we all expected the recommendations would be.

Hopefully they will fine tune the testing process for passengers.

I did expect to be limited to 7 day cruises.  

Makes me sad that our 12 night dec cruise wont happen.  But I doubted it would anyway.

I did not see any mention of staggering guest arrival times.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm not buying one of those tests Amazon sells for almost $200. Now what? I assumed would be like msc who did their own testing, not expect me. Plus mine is a b2b

It's the $5, 15 minute test by Abbott Laboratories:

https://www.abbott.com/BinaxNOW-Test-NAVICA-App.html

8 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

It's the $5, 15 minute test by Abbott Laboratories:

https://www.abbott.com/BinaxNOW-Test-NAVICA-App.html

Yes this is what they should use at the terminal just like MSC has been using.

MSC has at least 5 machines at their terminal and is able to give something like 50-70 passengers test results in 45 minutes per machine.  Thats 250 to 350 people in less than an hour.  Easy to do with their ships sailing with 1500 to 2000 guests.   That is why they set up specific arrival times for all guests.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here is their health plan... Recommendations from health and safety panel are within the link.  Only just glanced at it quickly before posting here.

https://www.royalcaribbeangroup.com/healthy-sailing/?fbclid=IwAR3i12DlG-AOU6Zrb55ayZfAbeHSAAqzTeTK1TIw3N7TCMIF0R0RZIBtiYI

Seems very similar to MSC and Costa protocols out of Italy.

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Reading quickly through these items. They are much more generic than I thought they would be. And I am surprised that they do not require testing at the port before boarding, like MSC is currently doing. 

Exactly what I thought.  I hope they submitted a much more detailed report to cdc than what we are seeing.  Otherwise they wasted time and money on their health panel experts.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I could live with that molly but where do I get tested 5 days or less before my cruise, and get results. The drive thrust here were backed up 2 weeks on results.

And I have b2b booked feb 21 and feb 28. And I'm possibly in high risk because of my age, the rest I can live with

I wonder how they will handle the requirement for a test 5 days ahead of time for a B2B.  I wonder if they will waive that requirement of if they will test you onboard the ship.

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

It’s the Evacuation Scenarios and recommendations 50 to 54 that will cause the most grief for the cruise lines.  All the rest is around prevention, these four recommendations are focused on what happens in the event of a significant outbreak.

True, their ICU beds proposal seems like a sticking point. 

"Capacity to care for critically ill patients onboard will be increased as follows: 

• Ships carrying between 250 and up to 1,000 persons (meaning guests and crew) will have at least 1 Intensive Care capable bed, and 1 inpatient bed. 

• Ships carrying more than 1,000 and up to 3,000 persons will have at least 1 inpatient bed per 1,000 persons, of which 2 are Intensive Care capable beds. • Ships carrying more than 3,000 and up to 5,000 persons will have at least 1 inpatient bed per 1,000 persons, of which 3 are Intensive Care capable beds. •

• Ships carrying more than 5,000 and 6,000 persons will have at least 1 inpatient bed per 1,000 persons, of which 4 are Intensive Care capable beds. 

• Ships carrying more than 6,000 and up to 8,000 persons, will have at least 1 inpatient bed per 1,000 persons, of which 5 are Intensive Care capable beds. 

• Ships carrying more than 8,000 persons will have at least 1 inpatient bed per 1,000 persons, of which 6 are Intensive Care capable beds."

23 minutes ago, Anton said:

They will also need to define the proof needed for a "negative result that is shared with the cruise operator".  Is that going to be a note from the doctor/clinic/drive-thru that conducted the test, or do they want something from the actual lab that performed the analysis?  I've not had a test but from what I've read many test results are transmitted to the patient only by a phone call or text with no documentation provided.  I doubt showing them my phone with a "you tested negative" text will suffice.

I had a test done in June and Labcorp emailed me the results a little under 48 hours.  I have heard that is common procedure with at least labcorp and quest labs in my area.

• Like 1

I agree with the comments. They should test at the port. If you test 5 days ahead, can't this be invalid by the time you get there?  Plus, it would be stressful getting testing in time to make sure the results are returned prior to when you leave (esp if your flight is a day or two before).  Some may choose to test themselves too prior to their trip as it would be a shame to fly all the way there and find out you are positive, but they should just require the test at the port.

Also, I wonder how they will sail with reduced capacity?  Will Royal just stop selling staterooms once they are say 60% sold?  What if they are already past that capacity?  Will they kick people out?  Or offer good incentives to for FCC or refund more than 100%?

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

For testing and prevention, yes.  For quarantine, isolation, medical response, treatments, ICU beds and debarkation of sick passengers not so much. 

Not the same for testing.  MSC does their test for everyone at the terminal before you board.

The quarantine and medical process all looked the same or similar to msc protocols to me.

Wonder if rcl will use the Wow bracelets for contact tracing like msc.

• Like 1

I still don’t see what plans they have if an outbreak onboard occurs and how they plan to deal with those sick during and the end of the cruise. Pretty sure the CDC doesn’t want them dumping sick off in US Ports. To me, this is a key sticking point. They ignored it before and seem to be avoiding this possible Scenario again. 

M8

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I signed up and got a thing to scan, but dont see how it will work for my b2b. Lol maybe I can agree to stay on the ship and never get off.

Yes b2bs are unknown for now.  I do know msc and costa are not allowing them yet.

But alot can change from now till feb when your b2b is booked.

I have a jan cruise that when I booked it last january I planned on turning into a b2b or a b2b2b, not doing that now.

Heck I'll be happy to cruise for 7 days at this point.

4 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I agree with the comments. They should test at the port. If you test 5 days ahead, can't this be invalid by the time you get there?  Plus, it would be stressful getting testing in time to make sure the results are returned prior to when you leave (esp if your flight is a day or two before).  Some may choose to test themselves too prior to their trip as it would be a shame to fly all the way there and find out you are positive, but they should just require the test at the port.

Also, I wonder how they will sail with reduced capacity?  Will Royal just stop selling staterooms once they are say 60% sold?  What if they are already past that capacity?  Will they kick people out?  Or offer good incentives to for FCC or refund more than 100%?

Carnival is clearly already limiting bookings and cutting them off early. Driving prices higher and higher. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I still don’t see what plans they have if an outbreak onboard occurs and how they plan to deal with those sick during and the end of the cruise. Pretty sure the CDC doesn’t want them dumping sick off in US Ports. To me, this is a key sticking point. They ignored it before and seem to be avoiding this possible Scenario again. 

M8

Everything on this health plan is very generic.  I just hope they gave a more detailed to plan cdc than what we are seeing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1