FAT Brands (FAT) acquires Johnny Rockets

firefly333

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

In N Out knows how to do fresh cut

Am I right, CA😉

Often times, stuff like that varies across different locations. I had In-n-Out in Cali and it was pretty good. In Las Vegas, not so much. And that was after a day and night of drinking when everything and anything  usually tastes good to me. 😁

Same with 5 Guys. Good experience in Manhattan but awful at the airport - JFK, I think.

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Whataburger (Texas based) is still the #1 burger in Texas and surrounding states.

Any ship that sails from Galveston should have a Buc-ee's  in place pf JR.   Not the gas pumps or rest rooms but the brisket sandwiches. And Jerky. Now that's some food I'm missing right now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

If they could cook a fresh and juicy burger in the Windjammer, none of this would be necessary.  Instead we get either a dried out slab of meat or a floppy piece nothing.

I wish I had gotten a dried out burger . Those floppy soggy burgers don’t even resemble meat. 

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I wish I had gotten a dried out burger . Those floppy soggy burgers don’t even resemble meat. 

Yes, I wonder if it's all filler.  The other ones are sitting too long under a heat lamp.

I assume the burgers they cook on Coca Cay are at least edible since they are not sitting around.

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

If they could cook a fresh and juicy burger in the Windjammer, none of this would be necessary.  Instead we get either a dried out slab of meat or a floppy piece nothing.

Occasionally you can ask for a fresh burger, same with fries.

You need to master the LaLa Death Stare😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes, I wonder if it's all filler.  The other ones are sitting too long under a heat lamp.

I assume the burgers they cook on Coca Cay are at least edible since they are not sitting around.

The ones at Snack Shack are very good. 

Ask for a naked one

12 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Of course it is.  You think they are paying top dollar for premium hamburger meat? Heck no!  

No sure about CocoCay.. 

TBH - just never hit the lottery when I'm in there.  Never leave satisfied and always ending up wasting food.  Park Cafe or Pizza is all I require during the day on a ship.

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Really doesn't even need to be. I mean most are off the ship by 10am and when we board, the last thing on my mind is fast food joint... even if it's Chick-Fil-a 

That's true when the turnaround day is a Sunday, but not so when turnaround day is on other days of the week.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

I'm convinced that they seriously do not know how to properly cook & serve up a burger. They learn how to cook up some wonderful dishes through out a cruise but when it comes to a good juicy burger... they fail. 

9 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I'm convinced that they seriously do not know how to properly cook & serve up a burger. They learn how to cook up some wonderful dishes through out a cruise but when it comes to a good juicy burger... they fail. 

Bacon... why can't they cook bacon?

RCCL has the worst bacon around in the morning- either overcooked or virtually uncooked.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Sonic (Oklahoma based) still going strong. They have quite an extensive menu for fast food. In the past few years, they've added drive thru lanes but you can still get car hop service as well. 

Whataburger (Texas based) is still the #1 burger in Texas and surrounding states. They recently sold 49% of their interest to a Chicago group. The founder's kids are retiring and the younger family has no interest in managing thousands of burger houses across the country. So they sold out but kept the majority interest. It's expected the franchise will go nationwide now. 

I was born and raised in Corpus and that's where Whataburger started. Hubby hated them when he was in training there. There taquitos were the best over any other breakfast burrito around.

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I had a good juicy burger in chops for lunch a couple of times.

I must be the only person who kind of enjoys JR.  Anytime we are on an Oasis-class, we'll make a point of lunch at JR (we get unlimited dining, so no extra cover charge).  The burgers have always been almost mouth burning hot, right off the grill, well seasoned, etc.  The Windjammer and buffet burgers on Royal are gross, however.  Is JR's a groundbreaking burger?  Of course not, but it's certainly a fun little lunch and something different, fresh made, and pretty tasty with a fun atmosphere.  We love enjoying all the different venues and get the dining package just for that reason.  Best deal at sea.

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

To my surprise they were just as soggy and exactly like Windjammer burgers. I figured they would have  been better on a BBQ.