Nobody knows !!!!

bazzaw

28 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I think I will rephrase my statement about using TA's in the future - I will not use an ONLINE TA in the future. With an online TA, all you have is an email address!!!! 

My online TA has a office we can visit in Sydney.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

I think I will rephrase my statement about using TA's in the future - I will not use an ONLINE TA in the future. With an online TA, all you have is an email address!!!! 

But is there a future young Barry? 

I have done 3 roads trips into Regional NSW in the past few months, I could not find a shopfront T/A open in the towns I visited to drop certain cattledogs off re Latin America and Antarctic Expedition Cruising. 

Edited by NSWP

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But is there a future young Barry? 

I have done 3 roads trips into Regional NSW in the past few months, I could not find a shopfront T/A open in the towns I visited to drop certain cattledogs off re Latin America and Antarctic Expedition Cruising. 

Our local Helloworld is by appointment only and their store in the shopping centre is closed up. The FC in the centre is still open. I haven't seen any customers entering. 😒

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Our local Helloworld is by appointment only and their store in the shopping centre is closed up. The FC in the centre is still open. I haven't seen any customers entering. 😒

Yep, same down here FC and Helloworld closed up.  FC shop in our mall has gone forever. The other will reopen, one day, don't know what year.  The travel industry is in tatters.

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

OK.....so this thread leads on to another “nobody knows” 

namely 

if people are not cruising , where is the money they would have spent on travel going ?

Driving around and around their own State, like me.  I have had 3 mini road trips and another 4 dayer next Monday, 12 Oct.

At least the NSW local businesses, motels, hotels, restaurants etc are getting my dollars, not the cruise conglomerates, they have had plenty from me the last 20 years, I could have brought a couple of big Winnebago RV's instead of 25 cruises and flights etc all over the world, but we had a great time on the 7 seas.

When Qld opens for business, I will probably head up to the Goldy to see my brother and sister, perhaps go further north.

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

namely 

if people are not cruising , where is the money they would have spent on travel going ?

Saved for future cruises although we are having an 8 night land holiday at the end of the month.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:16 PM, Aussieflyer said:

I do think some people (perhaps those who feel they lack experience in booking and probably not posters on here) use them and like to actually go into a physical store - there is always someone in my local store when I walk past.Less bricks and mortar TAs seems to have been a trend with many going online. I use an online one I use when I don't book directly.

I've used the local office quite a few times and had excellent service. Last time was booking tickets and flights to Melbourne for the Harry Potter play. Another time was for our Mississippi steam boat cruise in 2017. All good.

17 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

namely 

The money that we would have spent on cruising this year, is available for cruises next year and/ or 2022.🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

namely 

I'm about to by a new (hydro) foil for my sailboard and will likely need a new mast and sail or two. That'll use up about $5k. That's my CBA dividend gone until next April.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I'm about to by a new (hydro) foil for my sailboard and will likely need a new mast and sail or two. That'll use up about $5k. That's my CBA dividend gone until next April.

on the proviso that they will still pay a divvy    😳

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The money that we would have spent on cruising this year, is available for cruises next year and/ or 2022.🙂

Ditto.   I guess that is why the Coral World Cruise 2022 and the Coral Round Australia 2022 are sell outs.  However we are waiting to be let out of jail and for NSW to see us as their buddies (and not spreading the virus around) for a trip to Sydney to see Blue Mountains, Tooronga Zoo and a short cruise from Circular Quay to Manly which we love doing.

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

namely 

Traded in my rickety Nissan Cube and bought a new Skoda Fabia wagon, as our 2nd car.

Edited by Bowm54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

namely 

A new Toyota Corolla Hybrid sedan, with a 3 month wait for delivery from Japan. The factory was closed earlier due to the pandemic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

No dividend from Westpac this time. 😒

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Home improvements

We had a dishwasher water leak which ended up getting us a new Kitchen and flooring. After 4 weeks in temporary accommodation, we are back in the home. Most of this was paid by the insurance company. It helps to have a daughter who works in the industry to be my agent and handle the claim.😄 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

We had a dishwasher water leak which ended up getting us a new Kitchen and flooring. After 4 weeks in temporary accommodation, we are back in the home. Most of this was paid by the insurance company. It helps to have a daughter who works in the industry to be my agent and handle the claim.😄 

Undetected water leaks can certainly be calamitous, I was called to a house to investigate very high electricity consumption to find the hot water tank had been leaking under the concrete floor. It cost the owner thousands.

Nothing booked at all to speak of. A weekend away would be nice but not into driving holidays. I did book a night at Jamala (National Zoo and Aquarium) for DH's birthday - a voucher so no real date yet.

DH has just started radiotherapy so probably not goin' nowhere at least till December. 

Don't really need renovations but did order a tv cabinet and occasional table from Thor's Hammer here in CBR - custom made using recycled timber. Still a few weeks till they arrive.

DH has been talking about a new car but nothing grabs him at present.

I have bought a few pairs of shoes. 🤪

We have spent more on Food... a splurge dinner almost every week... more on heating.. more buying  movies and books..

But less on petrol... and travel.. and no cruises..  but did buy a new TV

So one is ahead...... but bored....

Did do a pickup at bunnings the other day  ( washers for taps, light globes for oven and rangehood )

mum is the  word 5,5km from home......

Don   with G&T

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

We have spent more on Food... a splurge dinner almost every week... more on heating.. more buying  movies and books..

But less on petrol... and travel.. and no cruises..  but did buy a new TV

So one is ahead...... but bored....

Did do a pickup at bunnings the other day  ( washers for taps, light globes for oven and rangehood )

mum is the  word 5,5km from home......

Don   with G&T

5.5 km. You rascal.