anthem of the seas nov 13? cancelled?

3 minutes ago, ljason913 said:

i am booked on anthem nov 13 when do u think royal will cancel nov sailings? has anyone heard about crew returning to certain ships?

No word of crew being called back yet.  Since the meeting at White house was cancelled indefintely may hear some cancellations this week.

Can't imagine Anthem will sail this year. Especially from the NJ/NY area. Don't think the Governors of NY/NJ are going to go for a ship with 3-4k people leaving from their ports.  I have a sailing in march and  wondering whats going to happen with that 1. Anthem is a cold weather ship, with mostly indoor venues. Are they going to shut the solarium, shut the indoor pool, the  seaplex, the list could go on and on. Then there's  really nothing to do on her. In the summer or spring could get away with sailing on Anthem, and find a nice socially distance place outside  to hang.  But in a NJ winter  first 2 days and the last day your stuck inside.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Can't imagine Anthem will sail this year. Especially from the NJ/NY area. Don't think the Governors of NY/NJ are going to go for a ship with 3-4k people leaving from their ports.  I have a sailing in march and  wondering whats going to happen with that 1. Anthem is a cold weather ship, with mostly indoor venues. Are they going to shut the solarium, shut the indoor pool, the  seaplex, the list could go on and on. Then there's  really nothing to do on her. In the summer or spring could get away with sailing on Anthem, and find a nice socially distance place outside  to hang.  But in a NJ winter  first 2 days and the last day your stuck inside.

I am not opining on whether or not she will sail, but the way to overcome those issues is to sail  with far fewer passengers.  Then social distancing becomes possible inside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were originally booked on the November 1 TA but of course that was cancelled.  I don’t see how NY/NJ will allow the ship to be in port.  Plus many states require people coming from NY/NJ to quarantine when they arrive back home.  In my opinion it is going to be a long time before we see cruises out of this area.

3 minutes ago, leo72976 said:

We were originally booked on the November 1 TA but of course that was cancelled.  I don’t see how NY/NJ will allow the ship to be in port.  Plus many states require people coming from NY/NJ to quarantine when they arrive back home.  In my opinion it is going to be a long time before we see cruises out of this area.

That's a good point. Right now NJ requires 34 states to quarantine on arrival

18 hours ago, ljason913 said:

i am booked on anthem nov 13 when do u think royal will cancel nov sailings? has anyone heard about crew returning to certain ships?

There was a screenshot of a contract posted the other day. It was taken down for privacy issues.

It showed a contract to report to board in Singapore on November 07, 2020,

The Crew member listed as WAITER/ASST, WAITER.

There are 15 cruise ships off the coast of Singapore which is a great central location to board crew members.

24 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Passengers have been passing through EWR daily for months. Is there any difference between  passing through an airline terminal and a cruise terminal? Just curious.

Very true. Subways, Trains, buses and planes seem to be fine, but as far as I am concerned being on a cruise ship with 50% capacity and well regulated social distancing seems a lot safer than being in a plane for 3 or 6 hours...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Not yet, but soon.  If cruises happen I would think they will be like carnival and use Florida as starting point,   IMO when we do hear anthem is on he way to the states she will be bringing crew for other ships. 

Why FLORIDA ???  I am not sure but as far as I know the majority of cruisers leaving from Florida arrive by planes. 

It would be interesting to see how many fly into Florida vs how many fly into Cape Liberty. 

Being in an airport waiting area, TSA area or in a plane during this Covid-19 mess is not in my future if I can simply take MY CAR to a port.

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Why FLORIDA ???  I am not sure but as far as I know the majority of cruisers leaving from Florida arrive by planes. 

It would be interesting to see how many fly into Florida vs how many fly into Cape Liberty. 

Being in an airport waiting area, TSA area or in a plane during this Covid-19 mess is not in my future if I can simply take MY CAR to a port.

The domestic flights have been full even now in the middle of this. International not so much. Last week a flight going to Amsterdam had 9 people and coming back had 12.

Edited by ReneeFLL

3 hours ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Passengers have been passing through EWR daily for months. Is there any difference between  passing through an airline terminal and a cruise terminal? Just curious.

Fly into PHL. Rent a car and drive to nearest car rental at port. Drop off car and uber to port. 

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The domestic flights have been full even now in the middle of this. International not so much. Last week a flight going to Amsterdam had 9 people and coming back had 12.

I very good friend of mine works for United and he said some flights are full or near full, but alot of flights are 0.25 to 0.50% full.    All depends on the location.   Location, Location, Location.

I don't think US citizens are allowed to fly back and forth to Europe for vacations - only for essential business travel (last I read)   Has that changed?    

Are Europeans allow to fly into the US for vacation?    Will they be allowed to fly hear to board a cruise ship?   

22 hours ago, ljason913 said:

This cruise has been cancelled for awhile but it may be a few more days before they tell you.  There hasn't been any significant preparations to restart any of the ships.

15 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This cruise has been cancelled for awhile but it may be a few more days before they tell you.  There hasn't been any significant preparations to restart any of the ships.

Why are the prices for that cruise going up and why are they still accepting reservations ?

Just got off the phone with sales and got prices for my Mother in law who is on the fence for this cruise..  

IT IS NOT AT THIS MOMENT CANCELLED..  3:04 pm 10/5/2020

Edited by boscobeans

6 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Why are the prices for that cruise going up and why are they still accepting reservations ?

I have a december 7th cruise on Anthem and the prices tripled back in august.   I figured the bulk of people either cancelled or did the L & S.     There are lots of empty cabins for my sailing.   I'll wait for RCL to cancel to get a full cash refund otherwise I will be happy to sail as I love the itinerary for this 12 nighter.

Has anyone else noticed the OP has not responded to anyone to this post or his other post yesterday?

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Because people are willing to buy and RCI will let them.

AND the cruise is not cancelled.

AND contracts for staff are in effect as of  Nov.07,2020 at least for ships re-staffing in Singapore.

The Anthem is in the UK now, another centralized location to take on crew members.

No guarantees but there is a lot of movement going on and a lot of time before November 13th.

• Like 1