New health guidelines for the future

Upper Bob

23 minutes ago, memoak said:

All vaccinations will be reported from the states to the CDC database. Pretty impossible to. counterfeit 

But is that database available to every airline, cruise company, foreign country immigration officers, etc?

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are reading & hearing that the side effects can be harsh with some patients receiving the vaccines . After the  2nd shot   there have been cases of high temperatures  , severe head aches ,chills , shaking  .  highwire.com has all the facts about this .  

People under 55 years old reported more side effects.

Common side effects people reported after getting Pfizer's vaccine were:

• Pain at the injection site (84%)

• Fatigue (63%)

• Headache (55%)

• Muscle pain (38%)

• Chills (32%)

• Joint pain (24%)

• Fever (14%)

Pfizer and the FDA also provided information on the severe side effects that volunteers experienced. In general, those are side effects that are so bad that they stop people from performing normal activities.

Most of the severe side effects occurred after participants got the second dose, and side effects were more common among younger participants.

Among people aged 18 to 55, 4.6% reported severe fatigue after getting their second injection, and 3.2% had severe headaches.

Fevers were also common in that age group; about 15.8% of the volunteers had a fever of at least 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit after their second shot.

Among volunteers older than 55, 2.8% reported severe fatigue, 0.5% experienced severe headaches after the second dose, and 10.9% had a fever.

https://news.yahoo.com/just-got-best-look-yet-140514936.html

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Pretty easy to read article about the need to continue to wear masks, even after getting the vaccine

Here’s Why Vaccinated People Still Need to Wear a Mask (msn.com)

Decent article but a lot of conjecture...maybe, might be, probably is...I think the safest and best approach is to give the time lag between injectons taking place and the infections reported declining.  Then you may find a statistical correlation...good or bad.  Until then it's all guess work. 

Of course, first thing I saw were people riding bikes outside wearing masks...not too bright from a cardio-vascular standpoint...but to each their own.  

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

Pretty easy to read article about the need to continue to wear masks, even after getting the vaccine

Here’s Why Vaccinated People Still Need to Wear a Mask (msn.com)

Very interesting article.  Thanks for posting.  Wonder if RCCL will require vaccinated people to wear a mask as a condition of cruising.

11 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I thin all the cruise lines will require masks even after the vaccine.

I would think that many people would decline to wear masks once the vaccine is widely distributed and required for cruising

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, memoak said:

I would think that many people would decline to wear masks once the vaccine is widely distributed and required for cruising

And I think that if the cruise lines require passengers to wear masks they’ll decline to carry those people who won’t abide by their carriage requirements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

People under 55 years old reported more side effects.

Common side effects people reported after getting Pfizer's vaccine were:

• Pain at the injection site (84%)

• Fatigue (63%)

• Headache (55%)

• Muscle pain (38%)

• Chills (32%)

• Joint pain (24%)

• Fever (14%)

Pfizer and the FDA also provided information on the severe side effects that volunteers experienced. In general, those are side effects that are so bad that they stop people from performing normal activities.

Most of the severe side effects occurred after participants got the second dose, and side effects were more common among younger participants.

Among people aged 18 to 55, 4.6% reported severe fatigue after getting their second injection, and 3.2% had severe headaches.

Fevers were also common in that age group; about 15.8% of the volunteers had a fever of at least 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit after their second shot.

Among volunteers older than 55, 2.8% reported severe fatigue, 0.5% experienced severe headaches after the second dose, and 10.9% had a fever.

https://news.yahoo.com/just-got-best-look-yet-140514936.html

These side effects sound similar to those that I had when I got the new  Shingrix shingles vaccine.  For me, it was worth the one day of discomfort.

10 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

And I think that if the cruise lines require passengers to wear masks they’ll decline to carry those people who won’t abide by their carriage requirements.

And I think if any cruise line expects me to wear a mask and distance for the duration of a cruise because somebody chose not to get vaccinated, I would decline to board the vessel.

13 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

And I think if any cruise line expects me to wear a mask and distance for the duration of a cruise because somebody chose not to get vaccinated, I would decline to board the vessel.

Well.... sure.  Who said anything about not getting vaccinated?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Here is some information you should ponder "

Here is why people need to wear masks even after the vaccine injections :

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/heres-why-vaccinated-people-still-need-to-wear-a-mask/ar-BB1bJt9b?li=BBnb7Kz 

9 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Here is some information you should ponder "

Here is why people need to wear masks even after the vaccine injections :

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/heres-why-vaccinated-people-still-need-to-wear-a-mask/ar-BB1bJt9b?li=BBnb7Kz 

I read the full article, and I didn't see anywhere in it where any of the experts stated that masks will still need to be required after vaccination.  The only statement in that article that said we will 'need' to continue wearing a mask is one from an editor at the New York Times where they wrote it in the headline of the article.  I really don't consider an editor to be a reliable source of scientific certainty even if they think they are.  The experts only said there might be a problem but they didn't know.  Obviously the Times knew better than their own experts quoted in the article.

My opinion is that I don't need to wear a mask forever - people need to get vaccinated otherwise they're taking a risk, which is their right just like smokers.  I consider my opinion to be just as valid as some nameless editor at the New York Times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I read the full article, and I didn't see anywhere in it where any of the experts stated that masks will still need to be required after vaccination.  The only statement in that article that said we will 'need' to continue wearing a mask is one from an editor at the New York Times where they wrote it in the headline of the article.  I really don't consider an editor to be a reliable source of scientific certainty even if they think they are.  The experts only said there might be a problem but they didn't know.  Obviously the Times knew better than their own experts quoted in the article.

My opinion is that I don't need to wear a mask forever - people need to get vaccinated otherwise they're taking a risk, which is their right just like smokers.  I consider my opinion to be just as valid as some nameless editor at the New York Times.

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion  .We simply put this up for you & every one else to read for info purposes 

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I would expect the CDC to keep their requirements in place until its current expiration date in Nov 2021.

That would keep the mask requirement in place on cruises out of the US until then.

At that point the incidence rate of the virus will probably determine if the mask mandate is continued or not.

Edited by nocl

3 minutes ago, nocl said:

I would expect the CDC to keep their requirements in place until its current expiration date in Nov 2021.

That would keep the mask requirement in place on cruises out of the US until then.

At that point the incidence rate of the virus will probably determine if the mask mandate is continued or not.

We  agree  ,The CDC is best to call the   health related requirements 

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

The NYTimes editor inserted that in the headlines so people would read the article.  Very much 'click bait'.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, nocl said:

I didn't see a mask requirement for passengers in either the Framework or the Technical Instructions.  The closest I saw was a 'strong recommendation.'

Has the CDC issued a requirement for PAX to wear masks?  The only thing I can find for crew members is a recommendation, not a requirement.

16 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I didn't see a mask requirement for passengers in either the Framework or the Technical Instructions.  The closest I saw was a 'strong recommendation.'

Has the CDC issued a requirement for PAX to wear masks?  The only thing I can find for crew members is a recommendation, not a requirement.

Fact is we will all know if & when taking a cruise what the requiremwents will be at that time 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Fact is we will all know if & when taking a cruise what the requiremwents will be at that time 

My main concern is that I have a cruise booked for next year and when I booked the cruise there was no requirement for me to wear a mask for the entire length of the cruise even after a vaccine is available.  I won't go on a cruise ship as long as there is a mask requirement in place.  If the cruise I booked suddenly comes out with a requirement to wear a mask, would I be able to cancel and get refunded?

Again, I don't think anybody even the Carnac the Magnificent knows the answers...

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Good observation .seems that way doesn't it 

Happens all the time.

Scary, hyperbolic headlines are a time tested way to attract people to read the articles.

You see the same thing on the evening local news and weather.  Lot's hype about the possible bad weather, just keeping watching while we broadcast a few commercials, and we'll tell you how bad it can be.  Then, after the commercials, nothing except more hype to watch the late night weather cast.

• Like 1