Anyone else not booking or rebooking now?

EllieinNJ

On 10/12/2020 at 8:27 AM, GA Dave said:

Not booking.  My wife passed away unexpectedly last month.  With a completely new outlook on life, I promised my kids and my granddaughters that I will be taking them on a Haven cruise as soon as things get back closer to normal.  But, I am not going to book anything until I get a good idea of how the cruises are going to work, and how the "new normal" rules get relaxed over time.

@GA Dave, my sincere condolences on your loss.

• Like 1

Update - my TA cancelled my cruise and also mentioned that he has seen more cancellations than new bookings lately - all for the same reasons. Instead of a cruise we are going to spend our first year of full retirement in our travel trailer camp hosting in Oregon. So far we have every other month from Mar to Sept booked at different parks. The rest of the time we will be trying out some other parks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Update - my TA cancelled my cruise and also mentioned that he has seen more cancellations than new bookings lately - all for the same reasons. Instead of a cruise we are going to spend our first year of full retirement in our travel trailer camp hosting in Oregon. So far we have every other month from Mar to Sept booked at different parks. The rest of the time we will be trying out some other parks.

That's nice of you to be hosting.  We'd like to reserve the week you are in Astoria or areas south like Canon Beach.  Heck, book us B2B.

And we'll let you know in advance we'll be opting out of the DSC.

Congrats on the retirement.

I cancelled my cruise just days before NCL cancelled all their cruises so I have to use my credit by March of 2021on a booking.

I just dropped it all on a cruise in late 2022.  I figure if things get back to normal in 2021 I can move to an earlier cruise.  For me, it's a better strategy  than the constant rebooking 

@GA Dave So sorry for your loss. My dad passed away last October so I had to cancel that cruise we had booked for the same month. My family booked for last April in honor of him but that got cancelled and also had a cruise that would have been boarding tomorrow but that was cancelled.

Now we are just waiting until 2023 when all of this has ample time be over or more controlled to do the "In honor of my dad" cruise. 

• Like 4

On 10/12/2020 at 7:27 AM, GA Dave said:

Not booking.  My wife passed away unexpectedly last month.  With a completely new outlook on life, I promised my kids and my granddaughters that I will be taking them on a Haven cruise as soon as things get back closer to normal.  But, I am not going to book anything until I get a good idea of how the cruises are going to work, and how the "new normal" rules get relaxed over time.

I am so sorry to hear this.  Very sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your loss.  You have shared so many photos and cruise experiences with your wife over the years.  My condolences.  You have such special memories of cruising with her.

I do agree with you on not booking anything until we see how things go. I am not sure how enjoyable cruising can be with closed gyms, spas, limited restaurant and entertainment seating, and no roaming off the ship.   As they say, its day by day until a better tomorrow.  I hope all of us will be back to cruising somewhat normal in a not so normal world anymore.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2020 at 1:27 PM, GA Dave said:

Hi Dave

Just seen this post.  So sorry to hear about Judy I have such wonderful memories of our Getaway cruise together and lots of laughter with you both.

My thoughts are with you and your family

Jane xxxx

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pinklady65 said:

Hi Dave

Just seen this post.  So sorry to hear about Judy I have such wonderful memories of our Getaway cruise together and lots of laughter with you both.

My thoughts are with you and your family

Jane xxxx

Thank you Jane.  Judy had a blast with you that week, particularly at the 80’s party.

FB082E7D-2635-4AF4-A806-D2D9E109FDCF.jpeg

• Like 2

Dave I am very sorry to hearing of your wife's passing.  I always find you to be one of the nicest people on here.....I wish you peace

• Like 1

May never book with NCL again.

Had a cruise booked for April 2020 but was cancelled and rescheduled for October. There was a price increase in everything, flights, cruise, transfer, hotel, but bit the bullet thinking this crisis would be over by then.

Cruise was cancelled in early August and still waiting for our money back. Every time we contact the TA it is the same answer - NCL still have not refunded the money, they say they are doing everything possible to expediate the matter. Cunard and Celebrity were very quick in their refunds so it is hard to understand why NCL are dragging their feet.

Perhaps court action will expediate the matter.

2 hours ago, moonglum said:

Had a cruise booked for April 2020 but was cancelled and rescheduled for October. There was a price increase in everything, flights, cruise, transfer, hotel, but bit the bullet thinking this crisis would be over by then.

Cruise was cancelled in early August and still waiting for our money back. Every time we contact the TA it is the same answer - NCL still have not refunded the money, they say they are doing everything possible to expediate the matter. Cunard and Celebrity were very quick in their refunds so it is hard to understand why NCL are dragging their feet.

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I don't know why some are taking so long.  I cancelled my December booking in early October (before the final payment date) and received my full refund within a week.  Are you positive the issue isn't with the TA?  Are you able to call NCL directly and make an inquiry?

21 minutes ago, slavetoabunny said:

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I don't know why some are taking so long.  I cancelled my December booking in early October (before the final payment date) and received my full refund within a week.  Are you positive the issue isn't with the TA?  Are you able to call NCL directly and make an inquiry?

Based on past practice, NCL won't talk to you if booked via TA.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 4:27 AM, GA Dave said:

@GA Dave Dave - Condolences on your wife's passing, our thoughts are with you & your family. 

We have enjoyed your previous posts & excitement with cruise planning.

I just realized, one year ago today - we disembarked the Getaway TA - 10/15 - 11/08/19 - Copenhagen to NOLA.

We missed out on our Celebrity Eclipse Cruise - 3/15/20. 

It was cancelled the afternoon b/4 embarkation.

Our current plan is to delay planning a cruise, until cruises are once again happening.  

Our true wish is to be able to visit Family & Loved ones in the Lower 48.

We are coming up on one year - since we've been outside AK & since we've seen Family.

Take care all & when you are able to sail again... 

Travel Safe & enjoy life to the fullest!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 9:37 AM, moonglum said:

If you rebooked then your cash was turned into fcc which is not refundable as cash only recredited as fcc.

Standard terms and conditions I'm afraid  going to court will not help in this matter, you accepted the terms when you rebooked

Edited by SpainAlien

we're booked onthe spirit for april 2021 and the jade for july 2021.

we were booked on the star for this past march, and it was cancelled.  we were booked for a december cruise this year and it was cancelled. we booked the spirit for next march and it was cancelled. so maybe i can actually cruise next april and july