Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The blog finally has the correct information.

i received a direct reply on twitter asking specifically and pointed out that reps had given out both 3 and 4 points per night for suite guests and was told 4.  You can search Royal Caribbean on twitter and look under tweeters and replies. 

there will always be wrong information on social media.  At some point you need to determine what couple Sources of information you are going to trust and ignore the rest.

True.....but when RCI phone reps are still giving out incorrect information like it's the truth that's concerning. I messaged RCI on their FB page and got an answer of 4points/nt in a JS. I saved the screen shot. 

4 points night.JPG

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, spunks said:

I must really be dumb. I am so dumb that I dont understand the confusion. What I saw was the banner saying double points on all 2021 sailings.I saw nothing about existing bookings -vs-new bookings. Therefore, dumb as I am I assume all bookings are included.I saw nothing about single bookings, suites, etc, so I revert back to the term "double points". Here is how I see it

1 x2 = 2

2 x 2 =4

Whatever points I would have gotten I expect to be doubled......simple.

Of course the fly in to ointment is if all 2021 bookings are canceled. That would leave us wih this:

2 x 0 =0

4 x 0 = 0

etc.

I'm the OP and when I saw it around midnight (posted it) I searched and couldn't find any T&C's...only the big bold beautiful banner.

Thanks to all those that provided the details....I knew I could count on you to find them  and verify !!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, little britain said:

I think we can all agree that the communications regarding this promo is a text book example of how things should NOT be done when dealing with your loyal guests who are keeping the ship afloat!!

I'm sure everyone - including me - 1000% agrees with you. 

But at the same time, this thread is proof that it won't dissuade those same people to continue to book so Royal would have little incentive to improve.   If anything, it would turn off new customers if their first impression is that the company can't get its act together. 

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

There's going to be a big increase in the Pinn population in 2021😇

Looking forward to the overcrowded SL threads coming in 2021. 😉😇

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

True.....but when RCI phone reps are still giving out incorrect information like it's the truth that's concerning. I messaged RCI on their FB page and got an answer of 4points/nt in a JS. I saved the screen shot. 

4 points night.JPG

Why are you shocked at phone reps giving out wrong information.  6 months later I still get some giving wrong information on Lift and Shift.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The confusion is that for suites it is not 2 points per night.  It is 1 base point plus one bonus point.  Royal’s reps yesterday morning were telling people that the double points was only on the base points and not the bonus point.

it has now all been clarified and it is double on the total points you would have received. 

So DH and I staying in a suite 9 nights Oct 2021...how many total points for this ?

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Why are you shocked at phone reps giving out wrong information.  6 months later I still get some giving wrong information on Lift and Shift.

It's seems to be SOP for RCI. Someone comes up with a great idea but fails to make sure it's thought through and all employees are trained and given correct information on the details of said great deal. This isn't the 1st time and I'm sure won't be the last that something like this happens. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

It's seems to be SOP for RCI. Someone comes up with a great idea but fails to make sure it's thought through and all employees are trained and given correct information on the details of said great deal. This isn't the 1st time and I'm sure won't be the last that something like this happens. 

I agree- you would think that the premise would be pretty simple.  Banner said double points so there you have it.  Then yesterday it somehow became 1 extra point per night and it took off from there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was thinking the same. More deposits, more cash flow. We are not chasing points. We’ll never become Pinnacle unless they offer 4x points. Lol. Based on the cabin we book, we already trump D+ in benefits. 

Let me ask you a question--I got over $1k in cc credits from RCL.  Not expecting any credits as the only cruise booked is Easter '21 and all prior cruises booked have been reconciled.  Is there a number that I can call as the CS is useless.

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

And that someone decided to post it late at night when most are in bed...and then everyone has to deal with it the next day.

"They posted WHAT last night":classic_ohmy:

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Let me ask you a question--I got over $1k in cc credits from RCL.  Not expecting any credits as the only cruise booked is Easter '21 and all prior cruises booked have been reconciled.  Is there a number that I can call as the CS is useless.

I have no clue but I’m sure @Ourusualbeach might know. 

Thanks though for having confidence in me. 😎

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So will the fact that there will be many more making it to Pinnacle dilute the Pinnacle experience?  What do you think @Milwaukee Eight😇

Stir the pot Ellen

You are becoming better at this than me. 

Maybe enough to have their own exclusive lounge and a exclusive section in the MDR by the windows for dining.  😇

I actually like my Pinnacle friends. It’s the ones who are not my friends that are the issue  😁

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4