Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don’t recall any changes in D level when they added emerald.   Sorry if I am mistaken. 

m

I didn't say that there were changes to Diamond. It did, however, take more points to reach it. That is why I said adding the Emerald level prolonged my trip to Diamond just when I almost had my foot inside the door if the DL.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Diamond Dolly...nah...Pinnacle Dolly just doesn't roll off the tongue as well.  😄  She will have to remain as "Diamond Dolly" for life.  

Diamond Dolly is not stressing to make a higher level?  She must be the only one on CC who is happy where they are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

LOL, I remember calling ourselves, "HAP" when we hit 350....you will have to figure that one out.  😉 

Good one, yes Half a Pinnacle.  I actually prefer your HAP to the PIT.  I actually kind of cringe when I hear PIT.  Really?  You have to train for it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't say that there were changes to Diamond. It did, however, take more points to reach it. That is why I said adding the Emerald level prolonged my trip to Diamond just when I almost had my foot inside the door if the DL.

Didn't that happen when they converted from credits (1 credit per cruise)to points (1 point per night sailed).  As far as I recall diamond has always been at 80 points, both before and after they added Emerald

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Didn't that happen when they converted from credits (1 credit per cruise)to points (1 point per night sailed).  As far as I recall diamond has always been at 80 points, both before and after they added Emerald

Prior to the switch to points/night, Diamond was determined by the number of credits, and 10 was the magic number. D+ was at 25, and I believe Pinnacle was 70. So converting credits to points based on 7-night cruises would give you 70 points; 175 points; and 700 points respectfully. When they added emerald (5 credits or 35 points) and Platinum (50 points?), they shifted Diamond from 70 to 80.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I actually kind of cringe when I hear PIT.  Really?  You have to train for it?

Name fits.  I've heard some pretty loud and frequent whining like it's a dress rehearsal for the show.  

Ironically I see less whining once attained.  Sure there are some douche bags that stand out from the crowd but many fly below the radar, even here on CC.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Prior to the switch to points/night, Diamond was determined by the number of credits, and 10 was the magic number. D+ was at 25, and I believe Pinnacle was 70. So converting credits to points based on 7-night cruises would give you 70 points; 175 points; and 700 points respectfully. When they added emerald (5 credits or 35 points) and Platinum (50 points?), they shifted Diamond from 70 to 80.

Did they not add Emerald after they converted to points 

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can't remember all the details. But I do remember the DL door being shut in my face longer than when I had been anticipating it opening.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

True, Emerald was added while it still was cruise credits (Platinum may have been added then as well, but it always looked like an orphan level, since it was placed only about one or two cruises away from Diamond). At that time Diamond was still 10 credits. My point was that prior to switching to points, Achieving Diamond worked out to the equivalent of 70 points if you took all 7-night cruises; but one could achieve Diamond with as few as 15 nights if you did five 3-night cruises in a JS or above. The switch to points was a "leveling up" of everyone in the system, and 80 became the new Diamond number.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure it did impact it.

Originally it was 10 credits, which equates to roughly 70 points more or less. They did raise Diamond to 80 points, but they gave you several points to help you. We got 13 as I recall

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I used to have a history of the points on my old phone. 

I've actually seen other folks post the picture I took😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I used to have a history of the points on my old phone. 

I've actually seen other folks post the picture I took😉

I just can’t remember if Emerald was added at the same time as they made the change from credits to points or if it was added after a Diamond was set at 80 points. 

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just can’t remember if Emerald was added at the same time as they made the change from credits to points or if it was added after a Diamond was set at 80 points. 

We made Emerald with five cruise credits - 3 7-night Balcony cruises and a 5 night JS. When they converted to points our 5 credits were converted to 39 points. Our last cruise with credits was 12/29/10-1/3/11 in a JS. Our first cruise with points was March, 2011. If you go into your past cruises tab on your C&A account, it will show you which cruise you were on when they made the switch.

Edited by orville99

35 minutes ago, jimblack1 said:

I don't get the double because I am a LOYAL cruiser and had already booked my 2021's back in the summer. I would have gotten well past D+

The bonus is valid for 2021 cruises booked before 10/19, so you should get the double points.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm not sure it did impact it.

Originally it was 10 credits, which equates to roughly 70 points more or less. They did raise Diamond to 80 points, but they gave you several points to help you. We got 13 as I recall

And I am quite sure it did. I ended up needing two more unanticipated cruises to open the door.

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I am quite sure it did. I ended up needing two more unanticipated cruises to open the door.

When they made the change, we had just made Emerald (5 points), three cruise later that were all 3-4 night short cruises in JS under the old system would have made us Diamond. It took two additional 4-5 night cruises in JS under the points system to get to 80 points. So for us, it made a big difference. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimblack1 said:

I don't get the double because I am a LOYAL cruiser and had already booked my 2021's back in the summer. I would have gotten well past D+

Great news as you do get double pts on any cruise booked before the end of the year, even if already booked.

So congrats on D+

Edited by firefly333

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Great news as you do get double pts on any cruise booked before the end of the year, even if already booked.

So congrats on D+

And, of course, you not only have to book the cruise but you also have to hope that you get to take a cruise in 2021.

• Haha 1