Come sail with me on a virtual cruise to Hawaii on Ruby Princess

ellie1145

9 hours ago, trbarton said:

I have details for a trip around the island using public transportation with a all day pass. It looks like it might be doable with a few stops along the way. Anyone ever tried this & if so what did you think?

Tom😀

I was able to buy the sr pass from the driver using $2. I did show my medicare card.  I did not get a good seat with a view until we went for a few miles and the bus sort of emptied out.  If you get off, you do run the risk of not getting a good seat when you get back on, but it does tend to fill up, empty out and repeat.  On the windward side you want to sit on the right.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 6:45 PM, CruzinNoony said:

We miss you Ellie!  Hope all is ok.  Here's to a happy new year!

Thank you so much. Happy New Year to you, too! Let’s hope that the pinprick light at the end of the tunnel becomes a window to the world.

6 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Hey Ellie, I hope all is well.  Sure miss following you on this great adventure!  Stay safe!  Happy New Year!!  May 2021 bring you all the joys you desire...especially in the world of cruising!!

Thank you USCcruise crazy, We are well thank you, just been a bit busy. 

Wishing you a very Happy and Healthy New Year, and hopefully a cruise on the horizon one day.

Happy New Year to all my Cruising Adventurers!

And what a year it has been. As we set off to Florida in January last year, for our cruise on Allure of the Seas, we could not have envisaged our favourite vacation being wiped off the face of the earth by a pandemic. 

It’s been a tough year for everyone, with much sadness and pain around the world. But also a lot of positives. We have been lucky to have kind friends and family who have kept us going, including all you lovely people who have shared these virtual adventures.

We certainly appreciate those things we took for granted, like being able to hug our loved ones, or having a meal out without being afraid.

But we still have a long, long road ahead of us and the horrendous death toll in both the USA, and the UK and Europe, seems unstoppable. 

However, we must hang onto the hope that the vaccine will bring gradual respite, although we must continue to take the greatest care to wear masks, wash hands and make space. Those things, I am afraid, are the new normal and will be for many long months. 

For those wonderful medics who have so unselfishly cared for the sick and dying, despite the dangers, we thank you and mourn the loss of some of your colleagues.

So, dear Cruising Adventurers, please take care of yourselves and stay safe.

And I promise to return to our Hawaiian adventure very soon. Unfortunately I have been very busy baking and looking after our little grandson while his parents, who are key workers, are at work. We are somewhat shattered and definitely showing our ages! 

Happy New Year to you all! 

🎆 🎆  🎆 🎆  🍾🍾  🥂🥂

6DFCB48C-2E40-4D85-BABC-37997CDF92D1.thumb.jpeg.2f8dd7b1c75a56f991257a163276e511.jpeg

C084041A-CE0E-4C36-9B03-DA451EBEB189.thumb.jpeg.3e9bf0814035ffe7170b2197f91f1170.jpeg

8885B9D8-5D4C-4190-8E01-DE510307D0EC.thumb.jpeg.dfaf7ff9fa07ccd3d01f2ed5868ba5fa.jpeg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Papa Yoda said:

Beautiful baking! 

We've been binge watching the Great British Baking Show - now on our 2nd time through!

It’s one of our favourite TV programmes, too, though we do love Mary Berry best. 

Happy New Year to you, and enjoy the Great British Bake Off. 

Keep safe.

Edited by ellie1145

ELLIE The cakes look fabulous ..you have such talent ..I love Christmas cake and in my 34 years of living in USA have never got it quite right here .

I agree we certainly feel our age watching Grandkids ...we were meant to watch 2 of our Granddaughters last July age 3 and 6 however my sons business trip was cancelled due to Covid. I honestly do wonder how well we would have coped !!!!

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2020 at 9:54 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou to all for a much improved 2021.  I look forward to cruising but am thankful for Ellie's wonderful way with words and fabulous photos.  Stay safe everyone.  We will cruise soon.

Thank you so much for your good wishes. I am glad that for the time being my virtual cruise is keeping you going until we can cruise for real. 

Stay safe and I wish you a safe and happier 2021.

19 hours ago, Westaussie said:

Happy new year to you, Ellie and to all enjoying this cruise bringing back so many memories!  Vera

Happy New Year to you and all our Australian virtual cruisers. You celebrated a little earlier than us!

I hope you continue to be safe and healthy in 2021 and that you will be able to return to our favourite vacation, cruising. 

19 hours ago, dickinson said:

Happy New Year!  Don't worry about taking breaks from this because this way we have some "cruising" to look forward to instead of it ending quickly 😉 

Happy New Year to you, too, Dickinson. Stay safe and well. 

i hope you will enjoy the rest of our ‘cruise.’ 

19 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

ELLIE The cakes look fabulous ..you have such talent ..I love Christmas cake and in my 34 years of living in USA have never got it quite right here .

I agree we certainly feel our age watching Grandkids ...we were meant to watch 2 of our Granddaughters last July age 3 and 6 however my sons business trip was cancelled due to Covid. I honestly do wonder how well we would have coped !!!!

Thank you so much, I am blushing.....☺️

You are so right about grandkids making you feel your age! It took us 24 hours to get over our little grandson’s visit. But it was lovely to have him, so I’m not really grumbling. Just feeling sad that we age day by day as he gets more and more energetic, and this pandemic has prevented us from seeing as much of him as we would have liked. Luckily we provide emergency childcare when they are called in to work so we are allowed to have him in our ‘bubble.’

Happy New Year to you!

(if ever I am in your neck of the woods I will bring you a good old British Christmas cake! 😉)

Edited by ellie1145

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Happy New Year Ellie!  Those cakes are works of art.  You are very talented!

Happy New Year to you, azbirdmom. Hope it’s a much better one, and one in which we can return to our obsession.... cruising! 🤣

Thank you for your kind words...☺️

You must be delighted to hear about the Oxford vaccine. We hope that it will soon be rolling out across the UK. It is so much easier to handle than the Moderna one which is an absolute nightmare, and as they have promised to make no profit out of it we can buy it at just over £2 a shot instead of Moderna’s £30 a shot! They are also committed to getting it out to the rest of the world on a humanitarian basis. It’s no good us forming little pockets of immunity whilst the rest of the world is dying. It certainly won’t help restoring cruising.

Once again, thank you so much to you and your DH for taking part in the trials. Without your courage we would not have a light at the end of the tunnel. 

So stay safe and keep well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

Ellie, I am blown away with your awesome cakes!!  I can see why you have not been around here for several days.  What a talent you have.  They are gorgeous!!  Happy New Year to you and your family.

Thank you so much, CruzinNoony! ☺️

Happy New Year to you and your family. Keep safe and well.