What are ncl doing now?

Susandt

On 11/5/2020 at 1:52 PM, hallux said:

You could check the existing threads for those speculations, or ask there if someone has any more insight  -

Ship movements -

This one had the speculation of ships picking up crew - 

What are NCL doing now?  I don’t know but I’m sure “It will be for our convenience”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently both Joy and Escape are picking up crew and are scheduled to be in Florida late December. Do not take that to mean cruising will start up then. There is going to be extensive training as well as learning new protocols and dealing with the CDC in preparation for future cruising. With Covid numbers rising significantly especially in Florida, I would not expect that to happen any time in the near future sadly.

3 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Currently both Joy and Escape are picking up crew and are scheduled to be in Florida late December. Do not take that to mean cruising will start up then. There is going to be extensive training as well as learning new protocols and dealing with the CDC in preparation for future cruising. With Covid numbers rising significantly especially in Florida, I would not expect that to happen any time in the near future sadly.

With all the celebrations I have seen since yesterday, gathering in groups is obviously fine now.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

With all the celebrations I have seen since yesterday, gathering in groups is obviously fine now.   

Hmmm..... Not that I don't agree with you, but remember Biden has made a big thing out of "If I am elected I will DO SOMETHING about the epidemic...   And does not bode well for getting things "back to normal".

1 hour ago, BoundForSea said:

Theres a very good possibility we may see CDC given green light to put the No Sail up tbrough Feb again. 

I disagree.  I think they got everything they wanted, importing the requirements from the no sail order virtually intact to the conditional sail order, and with the proviso that they could become permanent.  I believe the February extension was bargaining to get the administration to approve a one month extension which covered the time delay so the requirements could become permanent without any further comment or delay.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, FredT said:

Hmmm..... Not that I don't agree with you, but remember Biden has made a big thing out of "If I am elected I will DO SOMETHING about the epidemic...   And does not bode well for getting things "back to normal".

Agreed. On January 22, based on recommendations of the COVID Taskforce (vs. the current administration's Coronavirus Taskforce), there will be a nationwide shutdown and shelter-in-place order  which will kill the cruise industry and the US economy. With or without the CDC no-sail order, cruising would fall into non-essential activities and be part of the shutdown. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Agreed. On January 22, based on recommendations of the COVID Taskforce (vs. the current administration's Coronavirus Taskforce), there will be a nationwide shutdown and shelter-in-place order  which will kill the cruise industry and the US economy. With or without the CDC no-sail order, cruising would fall into non-essential activities and be part of the shutdown. 

Who is this "COVID Taskforce"?  Where can I see their make-up and their recommendations?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Really.... sounds like armegadon!!

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Who is this "COVID Taskforce"?  Where can I see their make-up and their recommendations?

The President-elect is forming his own task force. The co-chairs on the 12-member task force will be former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, former FDA Commissioner David Kessler and Yale professor Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith. The President-elect claims that the voters have given him a mandate to immediately stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The recommendations from the task force can be implemented the moment the President is sworn in. The President-elect stated that his task force will consist of "...leading scientists and experts to help take the Biden-Harris COVID plan and convert it into an action blueprint that will start on January 20th, 2021"

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, roger001 said:

There's only one task force...the little covid germs.  When they're contained, we can go again.   Until then, nope.....   No administration task force can change that at all.  

I totally agree with you. I doubt anything positive can be done at the moment while we are fighting the virus. There is no way we concentrate on so many important issues while we are infected with this kind of thing

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We can only hope that there is a vaccine in distribution by then to reduce the numbers without a lockdown 

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The President-elect is forming his own task force. The co-chairs on the 12-member task force will be former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, former FDA Commissioner David Kessler and Yale professor Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith. The President-elect claims that the voters have given him a mandate to immediately stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The recommendations from the task force can be implemented the moment the President is sworn in. The President-elect stated that his task force will consist of "...leading scientists and experts to help take the Biden-Harris COVID plan and convert it into an action blueprint that will start on January 20th, 2021"

I'm sorry, does this quote include a nation-wide lockdown and shelter-in-place order somewhere that I don't see?  This task force hasn't been formed yet, and they already have recommendations?

• Like 4

On 11/9/2020 at 6:36 AM, chengkp75 said:

I'm sorry, does this quote include a nation-wide lockdown and shelter-in-place order somewhere that I don't see?  This task force hasn't been formed yet, and they already have recommendations?

freaking Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could see this coming.  Biden has made it perfectly clear for those that want to see it.  Keep throwing cover.....  

• Like 3

I love to cruise and have 2 booked for Jan and Feb, but from what I'm seeing out here in the midwest heartland, there is no way that anything is going to open up anytime soon. Many states are making tighter regulations to try and get a handle on this - and very few are managing to get there numbers anywhere near under control - numbers keep going up and up. Hospitals are nearing capacity in many states, and in El Paso they are calling for more refrigerated trucks to use as temporary morgues. Seems a lot more urgent than whether or not I can go on a cruise.... Just don't see this changing for a while.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2020 at 12:31 AM, BirdTravels said:

On 11/9/2020 at 6:36 AM, chengkp75 said:

I'm sorry, does this quote include a nation-wide lockdown and shelter-in-place order somewhere that I don't see? 

So one of these co-chairs has a clear agenda focusing on "promoting health and healthcare equity for structurally marginalized populations [whatever that is] with an emphasis on supporting healthcare workforce diversity and development..."  I'm having a hard time finding the science driven component in that focus.  In seems to me that if the cruise lines meet the CDC guidelines, something airlines, trains and hotels do not have to meet, your average cruise ship will be a far safer environment than walking down a street in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles. JMHO

• Like 2

On 11/9/2020 at 4:36 AM, chengkp75 said:

A new member of the task force just said he wants a nationwide lockdown.

"Dr. Michael Osterholm, who serves as director of the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, and is the latest "scientist" to join Joe Biden's "special coronavirus transition advisory team."

We have to do something, Osterholm argues, A nationwide lockdown would drive the number of new cases and hospitalizations down to manageable levels while the world awaits a vaccine, Osterholm told Yahoo Finance on Wednesday.

“We could pay for a package right now to cover all of the wages, lost wages for individual workers for losses to small companies to medium-sized companies or city, state, county governments. We could do all of that,” he said. “If we did that, then we could lockdown for four-to-six weeks.”