Who has registered for 2022

lindylooellalouise

13 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Just off the phone with P&O, and Iona booked for 2022.  Will need to phone again tomorrow to book another cruise in August 2022.

Very helpful and pleasant service, and they managed to track down a small amount of missing FCC and applied it to one of our 2021 bookings.

Thank you P&O telesales team.

We are looking at 2022 at the moment. P&O IT is working fine, if as you say people are working fine as well, all these reported problems may mean that some folk need to pop down to PC world🤣

note to P&O, we haven't had our invite to the naming ceremony of your wonderful new ship yet😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are looking at 2022 at the moment. P&O IT is working fine, if as you say people are working fine as well, all these reported problems may mean that some folk need to pop down to PC world🤣

note to P&O, we haven't had our invite to the naming ceremony of your wonderful new ship yet😁

Together with my invite, probably lost somewhere in Southampton sorting office instead of having been sent on to us. 

• Like 1

Maybe just me but I am seriously underwhelmed by the itineraries on offer. WIll hold onto my FCC for Iona maiden and see what comes out for winter 2022. Booked 3 cruises for 2022 with other lines while prices were low. Wish P&O would go back to the Black Sea - Saga and FO are both planning on going.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Maybe just me but I am seriously underwhelmed by the itineraries on offer. WIll hold onto my FCC for Iona maiden and see what comes out for winter 2022. Booked 3 cruises for 2022 with other lines while prices were low. Wish P&O would go back to the Black Sea - Saga and FO are both planning on going.

Loved our Black Sea cruise on Artemis with Captain Box doing a fantastic talk as we sailed up the Bosphorus.  Missed 2 ports though, due to not being able to tender.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We've been to quite a few of those too. Love them.

Avril

We also have been to  few but the one at Pickering is our favourite....we go every year....because it has the station with the steam trains running....think it has the longest line in England....and also Pickering has Kirk theatre were they also put on a 1940's show when it is  the RIW weekend....the atmosphere in Pickering just wonderful.

23 hours ago, davecttr said:

here you go from the government

1-older adults’ resident in a care home and care home workers1
2-all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers1
3-all those 75 years of age and over
4-all those 70 years of age and over
5-all those 65 years of age and over
6-high-risk adults under 65 years of age
7-moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
8-all those 60 years of age and over
9-all those 55 years of age and over
10-all those 50 years of age and over

rest of the population (priority to be determined)2
The prioritisation could change substantially if the first available vaccines were not considered suitable for, or effective in, older adults.

I'm currently in group 10 but will move up to 9 in February!

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Indeed Sharon. I was certainly hoping for more interesting itineraries on Aurora and Arcadia, which are the only ships I am interested in. I struggled to find one that appealed at a time I want to cruise.

Sadly, the itineraries for the larger ships are what I expected. At present, they seem to be carrying out a small number of itineraries repeatedly across each season. I guess it is another way of cost-cutting as I imagine they will get 'bulk' discounts from ports and suppliers if they are making very frequent calls into the same places...

• Like 1

As I have asked before, what other ports could such large ships (even Arcadia and Aurora) call at that have the infrastructure to support them and their 2000+ passengers on a 14 night cruise from Southampton? If there aren’t any, it is hardly surprising that itineraries are very samey.

Quite like the itinerary on the one we are choosing.  Barcelona, Genoa and a few others.  I suppose there is a limit to the number of ports people haven't done by now.  We looked at Arcadia for Greek islands, but hope we are still doing that in October 2021.

I've been on the phone to my travel agent again, to register to transfer  our 2021 Queen Victoria cruise to 2022.

As with P&O, the prices seem reasonable, and, as we paid a large deposit, when the time comes to pay in full it will seem like a relatively small amount to actually pay up. 

5 hours ago, janny444 said:

We also have been to  few but the one at Pickering is our favourite....we go every year....because it has the station with the steam trains running....think it has the longest line in England....and also Pickering has Kirk theatre were they also put on a 1940's show when it is  the RIW weekend....the atmosphere in Pickering just wonderful.

Pickering war weekend is the only one we go to.  A few times we've been able to book a hotel for the whole weekend and get tickets for the show. We love the ride on the steam train and the show in the station. 

Avril

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Pickering war weekend is the only one we go to.  A few times we've been able to book a hotel for the whole weekend and get tickets for the show. We love the ride on the steam train and the show in the station. 

Avril

Hi Avril...only just noticed that you are in Yorkshire so as was often quoted in my days of youth....don't tell your granny how to suck eggs 😁....maybe our paths  have crossed  at some point. When I am booking cruises and other holidays I always like to make sure we can go to Pickering....our Oct 22 cruise is fitting in with the " war weekend"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

The uninspiring itineraries is one major reason we are not booking a 2022 at present.I have also noticed that Saga and FO are sailing to the Black Sea.Both are very expensive and I prefer P and O to Fred (haven't yet tried Saga)so we may end up cruising with either Fred or Saga.Both companies have more interesting itineraries in general than P and O..We probably will book something with P and O in the future  but probably as a last minute bargain

4 hours ago, janny444 said:

Hi Avril...only just noticed that you are in Yorkshire so as was often quoted in my days of youth....don't tell your granny how to suck eggs 😁....maybe our paths  have crossed  at some point. When I am booking cruises and other holidays I always like to make sure we can go to Pickering....our Oct 22 cruise is fitting in with the " war weekend"

It's possible our paths may have crossed at sometime although we haven't been to Pickering for awhile now as neither of us are allowed to drive anymore medical reasons, not legal😁. When we used to stay for the  full weekend we always dressed in theme. Once on the train a spiv who looked and acted like Walker from Dad's Army walked along the train selling stockings, elastic and chocolate from a small suitcase. I know some think the whole idea of them is wrong, but they're good fun. We miss them.

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

The uninspiring itineraries is one major reason we are not booking a 2022 at present.I have also noticed that Saga and FO are sailing to the Black Sea.Both are very expensive and I prefer P and O to Fred (haven't yet tried Saga)so we may end up cruising with either Fred or Saga.Both companies have more interesting itineraries in general than P and O..We probably will book something with P and O in the future  but probably as a last minute bargain

I think the issue is that, as already mentioned, P&O are  constrained as to their itineraries due to the size of their ships.  This is where Fred and Saga have an obvious advantage, albeit at a cost.

I can never comprehend those that complain of the boring 14 day itineraries that P&O offer from Southampton.

In all honesty, what other ports should P&O visit,  given the limitations of a 14 day cruise?  Serious question - I'd be interested to know of any undiscovered ports.

I've booked for a Baltic cruise in May on Britannia, will be my first one over that way, think the the only port I've actually called at before is possibly Stockholm (though on the same cruise it called at Copenhagen & I completely missed that port due to being confined to my cabin) 

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think the issue is that, as already mentioned, P&O are  constrained as to their itineraries due to the size of their ships.  This is where Fred and Saga have an obvious advantage, albeit at a cost.

I can never comprehend those that complain of the boring 14 day itineraries that P&O offer from Southampton.

In all honesty, what other ports should P&O visit,  given the limitations of a 14 day cruise?  Serious question - I'd be interested to know of any undiscovered ports.

Aurora and Arcadia are medium sized ships and could probably visit some more interesting itineraries.

You are limited with a 14 night itinerary which is why we prefer the 19 night cruises (usually on Aurora or Arcadia).Even with 14 night cruises P and O could probably visit certain ports that Fred or Saga are visiting e.g Almeria, El Ferrol' Menorca etc.(I have never previously visited those ports and there may not be much to see but I would like the opportunity) Some other cruise lines visit a wider range of Baltic ports than P and O (including Princess with similar size ships)I would like to visit Greenland which Princess and Fred do but not P and O .I also think P and O could offer more British Isles cruises, including around Ireland.I do think that P and O could offer a cruise to the Black Sea for say 24 nights but it is probably not worth their while (profit wise)to do so.

We will probably book one or 2 longer(more expensive) cruises with Saga or Fred in  2021 and 2022 in order to discover new places rather than keep going back to the same ports

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

Aurora and Arcadia are medium sized ships and could probably visit some more interesting itineraries.

You are limited with a 14 night itinerary which is why we prefer the 19 night cruises (usually on Aurora or Arcadia).Even with 14 night cruises P and O could probably visit certain ports that Fred or Saga are visiting e.g Almeria, El Ferrol' Menorca etc.(I have never previously visited those ports and there may not be much to see but I would like the opportunity) Some other cruise lines visit a wider range of Baltic ports than P and O (including Princess with similar size ships)I would like to visit Greenland which Princess and Fred do but not P and O .I also think P and O could offer more British Isles cruises, including around Ireland.I do think that P and O could offer a cruise to the Black Sea for say 24 nights but it is probably not worth their while (profit wise)to do so.

We will probably book one or 2 longer(more expensive) cruises with Saga or Fred in  2021 and 2022 in order to discover new places rather than keep going back to the same ports

I will add that I think that the 7 or 14 night cruises that P and O offer are fine for anyone who has only done a few cruises or who just enjoys being onboard a ship for the relaxtion etc but we like to discover new places which is why I am disappointed with the 2022 offerings

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I quite like Almeria, but it's not exactly a port that is going to have a mass market appeal, unless you like tomato poly tunnels.

And Menorca is so small, that in all honesty, it doesn't matter where you dock, anywhere on the island is only an hour or so away.

More suggestions please.

Just now, wowzz said:

I quite like Almeria, but it's not exactly a port that is going to have a mass market appeal, unless you like tomato poly tunnels.

And Menorca is so small, that in all honesty, it doesn't matter where you dock, anywhere on the island is only an hour or so away.

More suggestions please.

There is an 8 night cruise on Princess next June that we are interested in that calls at: Kristiansand in Norway, Aarhus in Denmark, Copenhagen, Gothenberg and Oslo.They will all be new ports for us apart from Copenhagen.It is preceded by a 6 night cruise that calls at(from memory) Bilbao and La Rochelle as well as one or two other ports that we have previously visited(I only make a note of new ports if interested so can't remember)

8 hours ago, ann141 said:

There is an 8 night cruise on Princess next June that we are interested in that calls at: Kristiansand in Norway, Aarhus in Denmark, Copenhagen, Gothenberg and Oslo.They will all be new ports for us apart from Copenhagen.It is preceded by a 6 night cruise that calls at(from memory) Bilbao and La Rochelle as well as one or two other ports that we have previously visited(I only make a note of new ports if interested so can't remember)

I think they are all ports that P&O have visited or visit occasionally but maybe they would be well advised to use them more often. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It's possible our paths may have crossed at sometime although we haven't been to Pickering for awhile now as neither of us are allowed to drive anymore medical reasons, not legal😁. When we used to stay for the  full weekend we always dressed in theme. Once on the train a spiv who looked and acted like Walker from Dad's Army walked along the train selling stockings, elastic and chocolate from a small suitcase. I know some think the whole idea of them is wrong, but they're good fun. We miss them.

Avril

Yes ...remember seeing a spiv that was Walker's double....not on the train but in Pickering. I think the " powers that have the say" have now decided that there hasn't to be anyone dressed in German uniform....too intimidating they say....think they used to be billeted at one of the stations ...Levisham I think.

I really couldn't miss the weekend and we stay for the week so when my husband can't drive any more...or just drive locally....which is quickly coming round....we will catch the train to York or Malton then catch the bus into Pickering.

• Like 1

I would like P&O to do the Alaska/Yokohama season like Queen Elizabeth does. There are too many Med cruises.  And bring back the Middle East itineraries. I was lucky I go to on one, but lots of people missed out. I have looked at the World Cruise sectors but there are too many sea days, they are not port intensive enough for me. 

Cathy

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

I would like P&O to do the Alaska/Yokohama season like Queen Elizabeth does. There are too many Med cruises.  And bring back the Middle East itineraries. I was lucky I go to on one, but lots of people missed out. I have looked at the World Cruise sectors but there are too many sea days, they are not port intensive enough for me. 

Cathy

An interesting observation, a bit like an American saying that Princess does too many Caribbean cruises!

P&O is a UK cruise line catering for mainly UK passengers, Carnival has lots of cruise ships doing Alaska itineraries, and even if there were port slots available for P&O, it would have to charge similar prices to the other Carnival lines in order to be viable.