90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...

59 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

But if you have the vaccine, why does it matter if everyone else forgoes it? 🤔 After all, the vaccine will keep you from getting the virus, right?

But, if everyone else forgoes the vaccine, then the world continues in perpetual lockdown and masks and keeping you from getting back closer to "normal". Right??? Is that really what you want?

3 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

But if you have the vaccine, why does it matter if everyone else forgoes it? 🤔 After all, the vaccine will keep you from getting the virus, right?

It may keep me from getting the virus, but your lack of action will not prevent you or those around you from getting the virus.  Sorry, but I care for others as well as myself.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

But, if everyone else forgoes the vaccine, then the world continues in perpetual lockdown and masks and keeping you from getting back closer to "normal". Right??? Is that really what you want?

What I want is a LOT of data points on a new vaccine.  Why is that so hard to understand?

13 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Standard anti-vaxer comment 

And all those people who have said "Screw those who don't get the vaccine"?  I'm not anti-vaxx.  I just got my first shingles vaccine yesterday.  I got my flu shot.  But let's not let facts get in your way of castigating other.

11 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes, I'm sure that is a major concern of the majority of us on CC.

Personally, if it makes me sterile, I'm not too concerned.  I'm done having kids.  I do worry about my kids and the next generation though.

Funny, I see you skipped my cancer comment.

11 hours ago, yogimax said:

It may keep me from getting the virus, but your lack of action will not prevent you or those around you from getting the virus.  Sorry, but I care for others as well as myself.

Hahahaha you're funny.  I've been wearing masks and social distancing for the last eight months.  I don't want to get covid and I don't want anyone else to get it.  I just want more data points.  And before you ask, I already answered... I don't know how many data points will make me feel safe. 

• Like 1

I have no idea why people can't get through their heads that folks have various viewpoints. They are not invalid just because they don't agree with yours. Heck, put a few doctors in a room and they are likely to agree on nothing. There is nothing wrong with being concerned about the affects of having a foreign substance injected into your body. Some people are more at ease with it than others. Some people could stand to pay more attention to the matter.

Branding someone as uncaring, because of their concerns, about other people is not likely to change their viewpoint. Pointing out your own virtues as a great humanitarian accomplishes little other than blowing your own horn.

I think it is good that most of you chose to do something in life other than practice medicine.... just my humble opinion only.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no idea why people can't get through their heads that folks have various viewpoints. They are not invalid just because they don't agree with yours. Heck, put a few doctors in a room and they are likely to agree on nothing. There is nothing wrong with being concerned about the affects of having a foreign substance injected into your body. Some people are more at ease with it than others. Some people could stand to pay more attention to the matter.

Branding someone as uncaring, because of their concerns, about other people is not likely to change their viewpoint. Pointing out your own virtues as a great humanitarian accomplishes little other than blowing your own horn.

I think it is good that most of you chose to do something in life other than practice medicine.... just my humble opinion only.

This is probably the most important post on this thread.

Thanks Doc,

19 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

So you believe the vaccines will get the covid case counts to actual zero?  I doubt it.  So those who can't take the vaccine will STILL need to take precautions.   If nothing else, because there will be people who can't take the vaccine.  So you're presenting a circular argument... there will be people who can't take the vaccine, so they need to be protected from those who don't take the vaccine.  

Where did I say that it will take it to zero?  You are parsing my words.   Those who can't take other vaccines are still protected by HERD IMMUNITY.  We need to get to that and we can't with too many people saying they WON'T take the shot.  People with immunity issues always need to take precautions.   But, those of us that can and do get the shot do help protect those that can't because they're less likely to be exposed.  Got it?  

Why are some so intent on thinking this will never, ever get better?  Are you always so negative?

19 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

So you're fine with the vaccine if you find out in 10-20 years it causes cancer?  Or makes you (or your kids) sterile?  I can take precautions so I don't get hit by a bus.  If I take the vaccine, that's it, there's no precautions over long term side effects.  That worries me.  It may not worry you, and that's fine.  I'd never try to dissuade someone from getting a vaccine.  

You really are a ray of sunshine.  You do things everyday that expose you to cancer, no matter how hard you try not to.  It's everywhere.  Why did you pick cancer and sterility?  Maybe the side effect will be you grow hair back on your head (if you're bald) or it improves you heart health.  Side effects can be positive too.  Don't get the shot, but don't make up stuff that you can't support because you "think" it "might" happen.  Have you taken any vaccines?  Because with that mentality, no length of time is good enough.  

9 minutes ago, BND said:

You really are a ray of sunshine.  You do things everyday that expose you to cancer, no matter how hard you try not to.  It's everywhere.  Why did you pick cancer and sterility?  Maybe the side effect will be you grow hair back on your head (if you're bald) or it improves you heart health.  Side effects can be positive too.  Don't get the shot, but don't make up stuff that you can't support because you "think" it "might" happen.  Have you taken any vaccines?  Because with that mentality, no length of time is good enough.  

Sigh.  If you don't want to respect my concerns, that's fine.  Cancer and sterility are two that jumped into my mind.  But your attitude to cancer is "it's out there, you're going to get exposed, so don't do anything about it"?  

I have said repeatedly (but it doesn't fit your and others narrative) that I am not against vaccines and I'm not against THIS vaccine.  I really and truly hope it works.  I will feel more comfortable after many many more people have taken it.  You want to be first in line, go for it.  I don't think that makes you stupid, idiotic, self centered, or any of the other things people have called me because I said I want to wait.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, broberts said:

One of the committees that is involved in the approval process does not meet until Dec 10. Trucks would be less expensive and just as effective for prepositioning doses.

@broberts I don't know. We are all really looking forward to a vaccine for this disease. Maybe it is something we could come together on and be encouraged by all deliveries and getting people inoculated soon. I am looking forward to getting out of this present time and putting it in to our history. :classic_smile: 

48 minutes ago, broberts said:

One of the committees that is involved in the approval process does not meet until Dec 10. Trucks would be less expensive and just as effective for prepositioning doses.

Lol why would you care how it's being shipped by plane or truck to start with. Maybe planes, then by truck. I personally was encouraged planes left the ground earlier today carrying it to checkpoints to start its journey to some front line or elderly or whomever gets it first. 

Let the process begin of vaccination. My thinking was the stock market will like the news and wouldn't care how it's being shipped, bring it on. Get the doses in place.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol why would you care how it's being shipped by plane or truck to start with. Maybe planes, then by truck. I personally was encouraged planes left the ground earlier today carrying it to checkpoints to start its journey to some front line or elderly or whomever gets it first. 

Let the process begin of vaccination. My thinking was the stock market will like the news and wouldn't care how it's being shipped, bring it on. Get the doses in place.

The FDA still needs too approve the Vaccine before it can be shipped. There is a meeting on Dec 10 so hoping it will happen quickly after that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2020/11/24/6-4-million-doses-covid-19-vaccine-could-ship-weeks/6411223002/

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

52 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

The FDA still needs too approve the Vaccine before it can be shipped. There is a meeting on Dec 10 so hoping it will happen quickly after that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2020/11/24/6-4-million-doses-covid-19-vaccine-could-ship-weeks/6411223002/

It actually makes sense to preposition doses in anticipation of approval. Allows the kinks to be worked out of the process and means inoculation can literally start as soon as the approval is official.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1