The Daily for Tuesday Nov 10, 2020

richwmn

today is USMC Day, Forget Me Not Day, and Young Readers Day

Don't worry over what other people are thinking about you.  They're too busy worrying over what you are thinking about them.

Meal suggestion for today - Oven-Roasted Pulled Pork With Sweet and Spicy Sauce

Drink of the Day - Daiquiri

Wine of the day - Prà Soave Classico Otto vintage 2017

at sea Caribbean
Oosterdam destination Kralendijk, Bonaire

Caracas Bay
Eurodam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Torquay Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

1110World.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Great selection of days.  The USMC is part of the Corps of Cadets at the Naval Academy and they just selected their first woman of color as the leader of the Corps for the next year.  Forget Me Nots are especially appropriate for tomorrow, and we salute young readers.  I love the quote and the meal selection; my alternative is Chilled Mango Gazpacho, Broiled New York Striploin, and carrot cake, as served on the Prinsendam October 10, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes10.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Florida and Eta

2 local Coldstone Creamery workers assaulted by a pair of customers who refused to wear masks.

Patience and healing for the USA

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Norseh20's planned family get-together

Hope for a vaccine

Neighbors with snow blowers

Roy 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily Report.

Great selection of days.

I am planning on making pulled pork for supper tonight. (great minds think alike?)

A daiquiri would be lovely too.

We've got another unseasonably warm day here, and I love it!

Praying for the world.

Cheers to all celebrating.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 9

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

That quote is a good reminder for all of us.  Love it!

Pulled pork sounds good but since we had ham last night, it will be something else.

A good selection of days.  Forget me not day is so important. Interesting that in the United States that flower is used to remember.

7C63C78E-FDE7-4465-9EE3-AC8504706EE0.jpeg.8511649c991bfc0a98d8e2464724c444.jpeg

Whereas here in Canada it’s the poppy.

3E063B96-4FB5-4B23-97B9-1BDEE6A86862.jpeg.baabe489b4dabeb6fdb076ab59d8c08a.jpeg

The important thing is that we all remember 💜 

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care list & for anyone who needs them and a toast in honour of those on the his Celebratory/Shut Out list.

Have a great Forget me Not day, everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks. 😷 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, kazu said:

Forget me not day is so important. Interesting that in the United States that flower is used to remember. Whereas here in Canada it’s the poppy.

The poppy is used for remembrance on Veterans' Day in the USA as well. As members of the Legion Auxiliary my mother and grandmother both made them.

Edited by Cruise Suzy
  • Like 14

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. A great post this morning.

Thank you for your service to all our USMC veterans and to those still serving. 

I volunteered several years for a friends 2nd grade class. It was amazing to me when a child realizes they know a word, then a whole sentence and on to small books. 

image.jpeg.d40788a409fe30ce9c4a1d510c6d09ec.jpeg

I believe tonight is going to be gumbo night. Although Rich and Roy's suggestions may sway me..

Good morning my sisters Deeni and Ann! Thanks Roy for the prayers and cheers list. I thought the "neighbors with snow blowers" was cute and clever. Thanks summer for drinks recipe, and of course Ann for the wine reviews. I think it is a white today!

Finally, our flag stone came in and permits approved. Hoping to see someone out there soon!

Prayers and love to all our CC friends. Continuing to pray for healing of our nation, and I second Roy's hope that a vaccine is issued soon.

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

The poppy is used for remembrance on Veterans' Day in the USA as well. As members of the Legion Auxiliary my mother and grandmother both made them.

Yes, we also passed out poppies for the VFW in November, and have significance on Armistice Day. The forget me nots were from WWI I believe?

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Great selection of days.  The USMC is part of the Corps of Cadets at the Naval Academy and they just selected their first woman of color as the leader of the Corps for the next year.  Forget Me Nots are especially appropriate for tomorrow, and we salute young readers.  I love the quote and the meal selection; my alternative is Chilled Mango Gazpacho, Broiled New York Striploin, and carrot cake, as served on the Prinsendam October 10, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes10.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Florida and Eta

2 local Coldstone Creamery workers assaulted by a pair of customers who refused to wear masks.

Patience and healing for the USA

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Norseh20's planned family get-together

Hope for a vaccine

Neighbors with snow blowers

Roy 

Roy:

Thank You for your daily listing of those in need of prayers.

• Like 5

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A stellar combo of days! A special thank you to all the marines for their service to our country. 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Drum roll, please 🥁 - we have a white wine today!

A very profound quote today. The meal sounds great. For some reason I seem to think we had daiquiri as the drink du jour before. Maybe it was a special version.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

Stay well everyone. 
Count every vote!

This Soave from Veneto, Italy has great ratings, but I only found one online vendor that sells it. Priced at $19.99, it might be worthwhile checking your local wine stores to see if they carry it.  The winemaker’s notes suggest pairing it with “delicate nibbles”.😎

#73 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018 

Pale yellow in color, this wine offers a bouqet bursting with notes of flowers (hawthorn and jasmine) and yellow fresh fruits (drupe, peach and apricots). On the palate, it is medium-bodied and flavorsome, full of fruit, with clear mineral notes. Really good as an aperitif paired with delicate nibbles or sweet Parma ham and fresh cheese. Excellent with pasta or rice based fish dishes and vegetable soups.

WS90

Wine Spectator:  A lively, lithe white, with lovely lime blossom, pink grapefruit sorbet, stone and spice notes that linger on the mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2022.

319D6B04-273F-424E-9070-F1E53530AE55.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Great days to celebrate; one in uniform, one of beauty, and one of lifelong enjoyment.  We taught our son the joy of reading when he was just an infant by sitting down with a colourful book and reading it to him.  Even today (38 yrs later) he still loves to read and is doing the same for his sons.

An update on our storm situation - yesterday was civic election day in our province, and for the first time in my city's history, voting was suspended at 6:30 last night and will continue (with less voting locations) on Friday.  People simply couldn't get off their streets due to the snow.  All day long we saw people with shovels and snowblowers helping one another; it was heartwarming.

I love both menu suggestions for today, but DH has requested chicken soup and grilled ham sandwiches, so that'll be easy, peasy today.  I just have to thaw the soup and put together the sandwiches and voila, dinner!  And wine.

Prayers for all who need them, and even for those who don't think they do.  We'll raise our glasses for all on the celebration list.  Stay safe, be well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

This Soave from Veneto, Italy has great ratings, but I only found one online vendor that sell it. Priced at $19.99, it might be worthwhile checking your local wine stores to see if they carry it.  The winemaker’s notes suggest pairing it with “delicate nibbles

Yay 😁. A white wine and does it every sound lovely!

Thanks cat 😄 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

For some reason I seem to think we had daiquiri as the drink du jour before. Maybe it was a special version.

Good memory! I've been keeping a Daily Drink recipe file and did a word search.

September 20 - Banana Daiquiri

September 22 - Mango Strawberry Daiquiri

In between there was Miami Vice - Summer Slope's recipe referred to the first 4 ingredients as a "Strawberry Daiquiri mix".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Late to the party this morning.  Marines day before Veteran's day...great!  I agree with Roy about the Forget Me Not Day,  And I always encourage young readers.

The quote is so true.  Many today think it's all about them.

No pork since we have leftovers from the loin I cooked.

Daiquiri:

Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz White rum, 1 oz Lime juice, 1/2 oz Simple syrup
Preparation: Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain in chilled cocktail glass.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Half a lime slice

Prayers and congratulations to all.   We skirted Eta so all is well here in southern middle Florida.
Stay safe, social distance, wear your mask, and pray for the vaccine.
  • Like 13

3 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Good memory! I've been keeping a Daily Drink recipe file and did a word search.

September 20 - Banana Daiquiri

September 22 - Mango Strawberry Daiquiri

In between there was Miami Vice - Summer Slope's recipe referred to the first 4 ingredients as a "Strawberry Daiquiri mix".

Thank you.  The daiquiri was my Mom’s fave, that helped me remember.

• Like 6

Good morning all.  A great collection of days.  The menu suggestion sounds yummy, it has been added to my list of “to make”.  The drink is also on my list, once I get on a ship.  My DH’s grandfather served in the Boar and the First World War.  After DH’s mom passed and while clearing out her house we came across a package of post cards that his grandfather had sent to his wife and sons.  The post cards were printed in France, the handwork on the front, we are not sure of it origins, we suspect France as well.  The souvenir menu is from the RMS Corsican on the coronation day of King George V.  I hunted up some pictures of the ship.   My best to all.

B78E792E-13CE-4E38-AD1C-C31FA02C5569.jpeg

3C955908-DF95-4F4B-B512-80153309828F.jpeg

BB475626-5704-4383-A307-A366A8362C96.jpeg

BCF4A9C0-4DC5-41AA-8009-5382C3D1D468.jpeg

FFD4E538-74A0-4B8C-9AD6-D75EB3AD3AAE.jpeg

F8F65753-9C6E-4076-A3AA-53E50DBA842B.jpeg

78D1975E-14A2-4CBE-B2A3-FD99ED83D6D7.jpeg

325DBEF9-528D-4871-B043-75166C6BC2B0.jpeg

7F683520-1B29-4535-908C-9592410283DA.jpeg

Edited by gigianne
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1