New vaccine

hollyjess

13 hours ago, kalos said:

I have just had a text message from my health centre inviting me for 

my covid jab . I have rung them up advising them my wife is my registered

carer and have both being shielding  for over 14 months together and 

would like a joint appointment for both of us .

I was told not to respond to the text and that way they will ring me and 

sort us out . So it's sit back and wait for the phone call .:classic_smile:

Great news Kalos, hope you hear soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

Wish you better Jean. I hope you have a good night's sleep and do let us know you are tomorrow. Best wishes. Jane.x

I’ve only just read your post about the scenes at your vaccination centre, so sorry to hear that. 
Keep going Jane, you’re doing a wonderful job.

• Like 4

It’s strange to read of all the different dates people have been given for their second jab, if  at all.

I know I’m lucky being NHS admin staff that they offered all their over 50 staff with health conditions a jab in January. I had to travel 40 minutes but I thought it was worth it. A couple of weeks ago I was told I could now book a second jab, we have our own booking system. 

It’s a bit of a faff and the slots fill up quickly. I have to try and fit it round my shifts and as I don’t drive my husband’s shifts so he can take me! I finally found a suitable time 11 and a half weeks after my first jab. We have a staff face book page and reports starting coming in saying some people got down there and turned away as it wasn’t 12 weeks! All very worrying. Finally a message was put out saying if the appointment was less than 12 weeks it would be cancelled! Then a list was published saying the date when your first jab was and what date the second one should be! I managed to cancel the first jab and re- book for exactly 12 weeks - phew!

• Like 2

Took the wife along for her first vaccine jab yesterday, obtained earlier than she should due to work. I still have a while to wait in group 9.

All very efficient, well directed service.  The Pfizer vaccine was delivered, and before we had gone to the centre for the jab, she received an email saying that after the first jab has happened, to go on-line and book the 2nd jab for 10 weeks time.

About 30 minutes total from driving in to driving out, which included the 15 minute wait time.

Upon returning home, 2nd jab booked for 10 weeks.

No pain from the jab or other effects so far.  Will see how she is today.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve only just read your post about the scenes at your vaccination centre, so sorry to hear that. 
Keep going Jane, you’re doing a wonderful job.

Thanks so much Sue. I have to admit I'm not a great lover of people at the moment. However, Debs gave me some good advice - get a cattle prod! Have a good day. Jane.x

• Like 4

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

It’s strange to read of all the different dates people have been given for their second jab, if  at all.

I know I’m lucky being NHS admin staff that they offered all their over 50 staff with health conditions a jab in January. I had to travel 40 minutes but I thought it was worth it. A couple of weeks ago I was told I could now book a second jab, we have our own booking system. 

It’s a bit of a faff and the slots fill up quickly. I have to try and fit it round my shifts and as I don’t drive my husband’s shifts so he can take me! I finally found a suitable time 11 and a half weeks after my first jab. We have a staff face book page and reports starting coming in saying some people got down there and turned away as it wasn’t 12 weeks! All very worrying. Finally a message was put out saying if the appointment was less than 12 weeks it would be cancelled! Then a list was published saying the date when your first jab was and what date the second one should be! I managed to cancel the first jab and re- book for exactly 12 weeks - phew!

What a palaver Sue. It's no wonder the general public are getting irate. Onwards and upwards. Jane.x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks so much Sue. I have to admit I'm not a great lover of people at the moment. However, Debs gave me some good advice - get a cattle prod! Have a good day. Jane.x

Hi Jane. You are doing such a wonderful job and try and ignore the idiots as a huge percentage of the population are so grateful. If you cannot find a cattle prod find the largest syringe you can, ping your gloves and smile broadly........x

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Hi Jane. You are doing such a wonderful job and try and ignore the idiots as a huge percentage of the population are so grateful. If you cannot find a cattle prod find the largest syringe you can, ping your gloves and smile broadly........x

This would do it;

Image result for Massive Syringe Cartoon. Size: 191 x 204. Source: www.shutterstock.com

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Or grab a suppository and tube of KY ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I see the WHO team currently examining things in Wuhan is reported to be saying it can’t rule out that the virus might have “escaped from a lab”

Second hand inf,  but the daughter of a friend is a scientist at Porton Down and he says she says Porton feels it might well be a lab escapee

Ho hum

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I see the WHO team currently examining things in Wuhan is reported to be saying it can’t rule out that the virus might have “escaped from a lab”

Second hand inf,  but the daughter of a friend is a scientist at Porton Down and he says she says Porton feels it might well be a lab escapee

Ho hum

Not unheard of. The foot and mouth  outbreak in surrey about 10 years ago came from the animal research lab in pirbright.

Edited by zap99

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

OMG!  You have all given me such a laugh this morning - and unfortunately (or fortunately for me) some brilliant ideas.  My shopping list has changed beyond recognition.  Thanks all.  Best wishes.  Jane. X

Better have the syringe delivered Jane, don't want to strain your back, you've a lot of bums to stick it into😁

Avril

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Better have the syringe delivered Jane, don't want to strain your back, you've a lot of bums to stick it into😁

Avril

True Avril - and that syringe looks like it has a very thick needle.  Oh deep joy!  Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1