New vaccine

hollyjess

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

He seems to be the only one who speaks what he thinks rather than what he is told to say.

This may be of interest to you Graham, having had covid. I don't advocate that you take it as gospel as there is probably another report claiming something different. 

Prior SARS-CoV-2 infection is associated with protection against symptomatic reinfection - Journal of Infection

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

This may be of interest to you Graham, having had covid. I don't advocate that you take it as gospel as there is probably another report claiming something different. 

Prior SARS-CoV-2 infection is associated with protection against symptomatic reinfection - Journal of Infection

Interesting thank you.

As a 64 year old with HBP and a heart attack just over 10 months previous I was concerned when I got covid19.

I had the flu vaccine and pneumonia jab before covid19 had lost 2 stone in weight so only just overweight and was taking blood thinners in my medication and think these factors helped my nasty covid19 infection from becoming more serious.

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

Why?  They can't discuss your father as it would breach confidentiality therefore all you are doing is taking up their time.

He is on for the second jab according to the clinic that did the first shot.

2 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Its only kicking the ball down the road.  In 12 weeks time instead of 4 weeks they will have to concentrate on 2nd jabs thereby meaning that 1st jabs will have to stop again.  I am due my 2nd one on Thursday.  So far no word on it being moved.

Apparently the movement of second jabs will not be occurring until next week so if you are specking on it this week you should be good to go according to what I was told from our West Lancashire clinic. Next week things might to go the 12 week jab phase but not now.

21 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have to say he is one of the leading lights in all this, I do like the way he comes across. Saying that I used to think similarly of Neil Ferguson many years ago.

JVT has a way of explaining the facts, calmly, simply and most importantly, honestly.  He's also has to navigate through a political minefield to do the job he's been tasked with.

Avril

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have to say he is one of the leading lights in all this, I do like the way he comes across. Saying that I used to think similarly of Neil Ferguson many years ago.

You obviously have come to your senses!

Has Ferguson ever been right about anything ? Certainly he was wrong about Foot and Mouth, SARS, and Bird Flu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

So if 8 patients were tested how can you have only 1% showing antibodies? If 0 out of 8 showed antibodies that is 0% if even 1 showed antibodies that is 12.5%. I am not arguing or disputing what you are saying, just trying to add some reality to the conjecture and demonstrate that throwing percentages around can be pretty meaningless and confusing people even more.

Don't start being right, it won't be appreciated🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

He seems to be the only one who speaks what he thinks rather than what he is told to say.

Isn't he the one who advocated pushing the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine back to 12 weeks. I think Pfizer said. No Data.

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Isn't he the one who advocated pushing the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine back to 12 weeks. I think Pfizer said. No Data.

This was suggested in Israel and caused such an uproar they dropped the idea.

A cc hospital consultant in the US said 12 weeks was not what was authorised to pass the vaccine for use.

3 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

They legally had no right to breach his data protection unless he contacted them himself

Though I am his next of kin,  I didn't use his name. I just said my father had the vaccine x date here and was getting it again Wednesday. They said he is a go the shots will be going ahead. Whoever had that first shot gets the second that is what is going on at least at this place.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A cc hospital consultant in the US said 12 weeks was not what was authorised to pass the vaccine for use.

I think that nice JVT said it a couple of days ago.

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Though I am his next of kin,  I didn't use his name. I just said my father had the vaccine x date here and was getting it again Wednesday. They said he is a go the shots will be going ahead. Whoever had that first shot gets the second that is what is going on at least at this place.

Fair enough.  However, next of kin is not a relationship recognised anymore.  People can if they choose have someone authorised to be given information about a patient.  Just being related doesn't count!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

JVT also said the same a couple of days ago as reported in the press.

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You obviously have come to your senses!

Has Ferguson ever been right about anything ? Certainly he was wrong about Foot and Mouth, SARS, and Bird Flu.

I like to think so, but initially he came across well was obviously knowledgeable in the field but seemed to start making wildly pessimistic predictions, each time a new threat appeared it got worse, then after telling us all to stay at home during the initial lockdown  and the danger of certain death if we didn't he then chose not to take his own advice, thus giving people the opportunity to follow suit. Eventually I likened him to Bill Foggitt, he was the weather forecaster who made some pretty outrageous predictions based on dubious data, however eventually he would sometimes be right and the gullible would leap to his defence choosing to dismiss the fact that he was usually wrong. He was an amusing and likeable guy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Bill Foggitt, he was the weather forecaster who made some pretty outrageous predictions

He certainly did. One I've never forgotten. If frogs lay the spawn at the edge of the water, a mild spring, if in the middle, a cold one

Clever little frogs🐸

Avril

Just now, Adawn47 said:

He certainly did. One I've never forgotten. If frogs lay the spawn at the edge of the water, a mild spring, if in the middle, a cold one

Clever little frogs🐸

Avril

And if the sparrows fly backwards in Barnsley you are in for fog.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Apparently the movement of second jabs will not be occurring until next week so if you are specking on it this week you should be good to go according to what I was told from our West Lancashire clinic. Next week things might to go the 12 week jab phase but not now.

The latest information I’ve seen for West Lancashire CCG is that patients who received their first jab on or before 31/12/20 will receive the second jab after 3 weeks. Thereafter the interval will be 12 weeks.

Of course the picture is changing rapidly but I haven’t seen any update to this so far.

• Like 1