New vaccine

hollyjess

21 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Not correctly or safely. he can't.  You can't just stick a needle in someone once a minute.  You need to ensure you have the correct patient, that you ask the correct questions around previous potential life threatening adverse reactions.  The patient needs to get ready.  Its not a second per jab job.

It was tongue in cheek though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And yet they are knocking dentists who do 3 fillings a day back or making them do that much paperwork to join that they can't be bothered . They stick needles in gums every day. Surely they are qualified.

You need to listen to people like Beckett who are already doing vaccinations, and the medical officers who are saying they are ready, and will only be constrained by the availability of the vaccine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Yes but at its heart is a critisism. 

You have made an erroneous assumption.

When I posted that snippet about the vet, it was merely a mildly amusing comment that I had seen, that I thought forum members might also find mildly amusing .

There was no criticism, either overt or implied 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

You have made an erroneous assumption.

When I posted that snippet about the vet, it was merely a mildly amusing comment that I had seen, that I thought forum members might also find mildly amusing .

There was no criticism, either overt or implied 

I wasn't saying you were being critical.  The Vet however was but making a joke of it.  I am just being tetchy today.  Moving the goalposts on the second vaccine dates means contacting thousands of people to cancel their appointments.  That means patients can't make first appointments as staff are having to spend their time cancelling not booking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dinglebert said:

I wasn't saying you were being critical.  The Vet however was but making a joke of it.  I am just being tetchy today.  Moving the goalposts on the second vaccine dates means contacting thousands of people to cancel their appointments.  That means patients can't make first appointments as staff are having to spend their time cancelling not booking.

Absolutely, the staff are under tremendous pressure. As I said yesterday, my friend is working 14 hours a day on the vaccine roll out.

I feel sure most people know that those at the ‘coal face’ are doing everything humanly possible to get this done.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Perhaps we are going back to daily press briefings because the situation is so bad again.

If so, I wonder whether his new press secretary Allegra Stratton will make an appearance. She seems to have been given the job to lead press briefings and as yet seems to be invisible.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

We live in Caerphilly South wales . Has anyone in this area heard of anyone having received the new vaccine.Also what are your views on PO restarting cruises now that there is another lockdown in place?

P&O CRUISING..................................July 2021,Arcadia july 11th,that's what we hope to book as soon as jabs are done.Got to be optimistic,this will happen.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You need to listen to people like Beckett who are already doing vaccinations, and the medical officers who are saying they are ready, and will only be constrained by the availability of the vaccine.

I was reading in the daily mail. A dentist offered to help with the vaccine and he knocked it back when he saw what they wanted him to do. 18 modules worth, DBS and Passport check. I think it would be understood he is qualified to administer a vaccine?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We had an e-mail from our GP practise this morning advising us both that the vaccination was ready to be rolled in our area, and that we would be advised when to attend our vaccination centre, but not to ring the practise for further information.

Brilliant news.

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

It’s a hell of a stretch target and there’s a fair chance that they might not achieve it, but at least we now have a firm and specific target and it’s a commendable one. I have been very critical of the government and medical officers alike in hiding behind weasel words such as ‘the most vulnerable’ (without stating which of the specific 9 groups that is - even though all over 50’s are vulnerable) and ‘Spring’, which could be any time within 3 months. Yesterday’s announcement was the first one that gave specifics that couldn’t be misinterpreted.

I  have been fearful that, as a 55 year old, I won’t get vaccinated until the summer. IF the target of getting all the over 70’s jabbed by Mid Feb is achieved, I have a chance of being jabbed in the Spring. That would be a huge improvement. 

Finally, Boris did not commit that they WILL hit the target, but that he hoped that with a fair wind they would. The Medical Director of the NHS is saying that they have the capacity to achieve the required 2m jabs a week but the issue is vaccine supply. If the spirit of providing honest answers and specific targets were to continue, I would now like to know what the vaccine orders are - numbers and delivery dates - as that now seems to be the determining factor as to whether the vaccination target can be reached. Nobody is giving straight answers on that. 

What next?

What delivery company are they using?

Who are the drivers?

When did they pass their driving test?

HAVE they passed their test?

Are ciminal checks being done?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mr.Clive Browne said:

What next?

Who are the drivers?

I suspect I am a bit like you in that respect. I don't care how they do it, just that they do. I will leave it to the experts. I won't waste their precious time asking unnecessary questions.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mr.Clive Browne said:

What next?

Who are the drivers?

This is carried out as standard by any reputable haulage company, and should be checked before the vehicle leaves the site. Even more so with refrigerated products or dangerous or biological goods.

• Like 2