New vaccine

hollyjess

4 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

My second one due Thursday as been postponed as have all local 2nd ones.  They will get back in contact with new date.

They told me monday he was a shoe in. I will ring them in the morning and use the same script again.  They tell me he is on again then he will go in at 20 pound to his cabbie mate. If they then knock him back when he gets there after they tell me he is one and after paying 20 quid. Sorry I know they are doing a great job but I will kick off.

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I don't think anybody would accuse you of being rude, you asked a perfectly viable question which any of us could have asked, whatever happens over the next few months will not always seem fair to some. 

Re reading my post I was not happy with what I had said though as it did sound selfish.  Perhaps they are prioritising London which makes sense with numbers there, but the Phizer vaccine is going to cause problems.

TBH we are feeling a tad miffed after we have been left on an island of tier 2, then 3 with higher tiers all around, yet our hospitals are not doing well.  We did have lower numbers and are still not very high, but our rate of increase is suddenly way up compared to other parts of the country.  People were not supposed to travel between areas, but will happen and the nearest parts of N Wales have massive numbers as well.  If restrictions had only been brought in earlier, there could have been much lower numbers countrywide now, but I am sure I am not alone with that thought.  Businesses will be closed for a long time now, so even they are not benefiting overall. 

Had my moan now, sorry for the rant.  We are lucky there are health care staff prepared to get on with their work in such difficult conditions.

Edited by tring

I was disappointed at the Telegraph front page this morning. A headline saying that "Public Health England decides to not deliver vaccine on a Sunday" Don't refrigerated trucks run at weekends? 

Also "Pharmacies offer to deliver jabs snubbed by ministers" Apparently there are 11,400 pharmacies countrywide with at least one trained pharmacist able to deliver jabs, they do millions of flu jabs each year already and could deliver over 1 million jabs per week, the response to the offer to help, silence!

I think the odds are not in favour of the delivery target being achieved. I wish it would be but wishing something will not make it true. :classic_sad:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Also "Pharmacies offer to deliver jabs snubbed by ministers" Apparently there are 11,400 pharmacies countrywide with at least one trained pharmacist able to deliver jabs, they do millions of flu jabs each year already and could deliver over 1 million jabs per week, the response to the offer to help, silence!

I believe the governments position on this has now changed.  I have seen BBC quotes of vaccine rollout minister Nadhim Zahawi stating:-

Pharmacies will also be involved, along with the private sector, in delivering the vaccines

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I was disappointed at the Telegraph front page this morning. A headline saying that "Public Health England decides to not deliver vaccine on a Sunday" Don't refrigerated trucks run at weekends? 

I think the odds are not in favour of the delivery target being achieved. I wish it would be but wishing something will not make it true. :classic_sad:

I think we need to start questioning quite a lot of the quotes that the papers make, either they are not checking the facts correctly, or their source is deliberately misleading them.  There have been far too many over the course of this pandemic, and unfortunately when they prove to be inaccurate, the Govt is then accused of another U turn.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

I think that might now have changed. I saw something earlier that stated that appointments for second jabs are being cancelled.

The second jabs are definitely going ahead this week in West Lancs, changes next week.

2 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

I believe the governments position on this has now changed.  I have seen BBC quotes of vaccine rollout minister Nadhim Zahawi stating:-

Pharmacies will also be involved, along with the private sector, in delivering the vaccines

I seem to remember this being mentioned as the case ages ago.  I suspect it is more a case of when they get involved rather than if.  Will take a while to get it all up and running, though there is not space for people to sit socially distanced for 15 mins after the jab in the pharmacies by us.  No sense having transmission during the vaccine administration process.

• Like 1

Our problem - if it is one - is that my husband is pretty well housebound; can't walk very well or get in and out of the car without difficulty.  So I think we will be waiting until they finally get round to home visits, which I think will happen eventually.

Since we are obviously staying indoors and not seeing anyone (except the grocery delivery person), we are hopefully unlikely to come into contact with the virus.  And, as I do have some allergy problems, I am persuaded that if there are bad reactions from either of these vaccines we would know more about them by then!   If it were just me, I could certainly drive to a centre to have the jab, but can't leave him in the house alone.  So just sitting tight and watching progress.  It is all going to take a lot longer than originally envisaged, and I just wish Johnson et al would not overpromise and underdeliver,  much better the other way round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

The second jabs are definitely going ahead this week in West Lancs, changes next week.

Mine is definately not for tomorrow.  Got a text this morning.  I understand the reasons but given both the manufacturer and WHO don't agree with the science being offered it doesn't leave me fully convinced its the right thing to do.  Anyway I have no choice.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

At the moment there’s so many stories and counter stories flying back and forth, it’s almost impossible to sort the wheat from the chaff.

That's why I leave it to the experts. They have the . information

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Mine is definately not for tomorrow.  Got a text this morning.  I understand the reasons but given both the manufacturer and WHO don't agree with the science being offered it doesn't leave me fully convinced its the right thing to do.  Anyway I have no choice.

Big positive is you've had the first jab,just stay away from people for the next nine weeks (6 at least in lockdown) and the second jab is yours........could even be sooner.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Clive Browne said:

Big positive is you've had the first jab,just stay away from people for the next nine weeks (6 at least in lockdown) and the second jab is yours........could even be sooner.

People who work can’t do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

It was one of the Burscough GP practices that said they were cancelling second appointments this week but I assume as your relative was going to Ormskirk they were attending Hants Lane?

Good news that they’ll be getting their second jab and I’m sure you must be relieved.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

People who work can’t do that.

I guess most over 80s don’t work anymore so it’s presumably mainly front line workers that have this problem. Hopefully anyone on the front line will get their second jab soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

It was one of the Burscough GP practices that said they were cancelling second appointments this week but I assume as your relative was going to Ormskirk they were attending Hants Lane?

Good news that they’ll be getting their second jab and I’m sure you must be relieved.

Yeah it is very good news. I wonder why Burscough is cancelling yet Ormskirk isn't. Where are the Burscough jabs being done if not Hants Lane?

27 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But understand. The Government did not think to lay in sufficient supply of vaccine nor perhaps even offer assistance in the retrofit of plant/creation of facility to manufacturer it for the needs of the country when it had the chance. USA already has far more on the order books than us.

Well, given the relative population sizes,  that's hardly surprising.

And, whilst I am by no means a government supporter, they did pre-order 6 different types of vaccines, with no idea if any of them would work, so in that regard at least I think we should cut them some slack.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I guess most over 80s don’t work anymore so it’s presumably mainly front line workers that have this problem. Hopefully anyone on the front line will get their second jab soon.

Yes it was front line workers I was referring to. The comment was directed to one.

Yes hopefully the second jag is soon for them.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Addition

21 minutes ago, Mr.Clive Browne said:

Don't think the NHS would be pleased if I didn't turn up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes it was front line workers I was referring to. The comment was directed to one.

Front line are going on the 12 week cycle as well  at least in West Yorkshire. Despite having what I have heard termed as "a signed contract" to the contrary. Which if we take literally would be a breach of signed contract.

5 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Oh sorry, shouldn’t I have answered then if the comment wasn’t directed at me? Best I keep out of the conversation then.

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yeah it is very good news. I wonder why Burscough is cancelling yet Ormskirk isn't. Where are the Burscough jabs being done if not Hants Lane?

I get sent a list of all the vaccination hubs in England a few times a week and have deleted the last one I got but it might be the Stanley Club they’re using as a hub?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Front line are going on the 12 week cycle as well  at least in West Yorkshire. Despite having what I have heard termed as "a signed contract" to the contrary. Which if we take literally would be a breach of signed contract.

This is not the first time I have heard of this "signed contract" but I have no idea what is being talked about. 

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Have you got your copy of the ‘signed contract’ ?