New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, hollyjess said:

We live in Caerphilly South wales . Has anyone in this area heard of anyone having received the new vaccine.Also what are your views on PO restarting cruises now that there is another lockdown in place?

Have recently read one of the news feeds on my phone stating that cruising out of the US will now be delayed until September 2021 at the earliest. Those companies involved in the statement include Carnival. I have tried to go back and retrieve the link but can't find it. Will post it hopefully later today if I can dig it out. The statement purported to come from the CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) - so far I can't see anything on the "Press Room" area of their website but I will keep checking.

If that statement is true then it may have a knock-on effect on P&O's decision making relating to resumption of sailing from the UK.

Edited by arlowood
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

This is carried out as standard by any reputable haulage company, and should be checked before the vehicle leaves the site. Even more so with refrigerated products or dangerous or biological goods.

Tesco have volunteered to deliver using their refrigerated vehicles. I'm sure the drivers do their checks every morning and their vehicle examiners check a random selection of the vehicles. If caught the operators licence is at risk. All standard stuff for any large organisation. Manuals, procedures, checks, audits, reviews. But if a volunteer says I have given jabs before, don't bother checking. Just give them a few needles and off they can go.

Edited by zap99

Hey peeps 

im doing ok thanks for worrying about me. Just having a tough time with my illness and work, plus dog and then marital issues. Now the kids are off again. Just busy. Do keep

popping on to see how everyone is. Glad everyone else is ok. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hey peeps 

im doing ok thanks for worrying about me. Just having a tough time with my illness and work, plus dog and then marital issues. Now the kids are off again. Just busy. Do keep

Hello Vamps - glad to hear from you. Chin up - I appreciate that things are tough for you right now.

3 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Have recently read one of the news feeds on my phone stating that cruising out of the US will now be delayed until September 2021 at the earliest. Those companies involved in the statement include Carnival. I have tried to go back and retrieve the link but can't find it. Will post it hopefully later today if I can dig it out.

If that statement is true then it may have a knock-on effect on P&O's decision making relating to resumption of sailing from the UK.

We can only guess as to what will happen, P&O don't do too many cruises visiting the US anyway. The logical start up would likely be cruises around the UK to get things started, we have no idea what/when ports in other countries will be available. Hopefully once the vaccines have demonstrated their efficacy things will become clearer.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hey peeps 

Good to hear from you Vampiress. Sounds like you are having a tough time, but things will get better for us all. We just need to hang in there and take each day at a time. 

48 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

This is carried out as standard by any reputable haulage company, and should be checked before the vehicle leaves the site. Even more so with refrigerated products or dangerous or biological goods.

Of course it is,i'm quite sure everyone's aware of that,my question was to selbourne in respect of how much more info. will he want to know.What does he expect to gain from asking about vaccine date's,the whole world want's them so just be thankful the're on there way.Boris says groups 1-4 by mid feb. all going well,allowing for potential hickups it could be march.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Clive Browne said:

Of course it is,i'm quite sure everyone's aware of that,my question was to selbourne in respect of how much more info. will he want to know.What does he expect to gain from asking about vaccine date's,the whole world want's them so just be thankful the're on there way.Boris says groups 1-4 by mid feb. all going well,allowing for potential hickups it could be march.

Well maybe you should have said that rather than trying to start an argument with someone else.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

There is a nice straight forward short video, doesn't tell the whole story, just an insight

Vaccine manufacture: it’s complicated | GSKvaccine manufacture

Watching that makes you realise just how fast they've worked to get this covid vaccine ready in so short a time. People should be grateful, not critical.

Avril

• Like 1

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

Well maybe you should have said that rather than trying to start an argument with someone else.

I was just wondering why he feels it neccessary to know about delivery dates of the vaccine,it was a valid enquiry,and not directed at you.Nobody is starting an argument,so just calm down and stop causing issues with your agressive unnecessary tactics.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Of course vets can do it.  Totally qualified.  Animals have adverse reactions as well.  So can all pharmacists.  Surprised we haven't brought in the forces.  They have hundreds of medics and paramedics.  

Yeah,and most of their customers are barking mad.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hey peeps 

So pleased that you are ok.  Have fun with the home schooling.

• Like 1

Reference to my post#1652 above I have found the link to the statement released by the CLIA regarding cruises out of the US being delayed until 15th September

https://www.cruisetradenews.com/clia-extends-us-sailing-suspension-until-15-september/

Whether it will impact on P&O remains to be seen but certainly Carnival will be affected as well as their US based cruise subsidiaries

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Watching that makes you realise just how fast they've worked to get this covid vaccine ready in so short a time. People should be grateful, not critical.

Avril

In Feb last year WHO were quoting an expected 18 months before a vaccine would be available to the public, fantastic achievement. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hey peeps 

Anyone on here who's had young children in the past can only imagine what it's like for parents at the moment; must be a nightmare, especially when trying to work and all the other things that go with parenthood.

Remember the breathing exercises from when you were pregnant? I worked out long ago that they were useless for the birth, but just the job for life thereafter. Deep breaths, Vamps.

Good luck and take care.🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

In Feb last year WHO were quoting an expected 18 months before a vaccine would be available to the public, fantastic achievement. 

Seem to recall some of the experts said a vaccine for a coronavirus was impossible. A remarkable achievement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Reference to my post#1652 above I have found the link to the statement released by the CLIA regarding cruises out of the US being delayed until 15th September

https://www.cruisetradenews.com/clia-extends-us-sailing-suspension-until-15-september/

Whether it will impact on P&O remains to be seen but certainly Carnival will be affected as well as their US based cruise subsidiaries

The article is referencing September 15th 2020.

6 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Seem to recall some of the experts said a vaccine for a coronavirus was impossible. A remarkable achievement.

Some hinted at this, but it may have been based on the fact that the world pretty much stopped looking for a vaccine for the common cold many years ago which is the same type of virus, science is moving at a great rate and even the mRNA version of the vaccine is newish technology. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Absolutely. Hats off to all those very clever and dedicated professionals who have achieved this. Hats off to all those who have been jabbing away. A measure of their success is that the UK is way above the whole of the EU. End is in sight due to the untiring efforts of the experts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Hi Arlowood is that a new report as in the actual wording it says September 2020 

Apologies guys - geriatric foul up. Copied the link without reading it fully. However I'm sure what I read earlier on the news feed did refer to 2021. I'll keep searching but hold off posting until I double check the facts

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Brilliant.🤣. I won't postpone our June Alaska cruise just yet.

I wouldn't be so sure, this article published yesterday suggests that it will take up to 3 months* after the Government give the all clear before cruise operations would be ready to restart. I can't see the British Government or US Authorities giving the go ahead any time soon.

* Another part of the article says at least 12 weeks!

Cruise sector urges government to set out 'concrete steps' for restart (cruisetradenews.com)

1 minute ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I wouldn't be so sure, this article published yesterday suggests that it will take up to 3 months* after the Government give the all clear before cruise operations would be ready to restart. I can't see the British Government or US Authorities giving the go ahead any time soon.

* Another part of the article says at least 12 weeks!

Cruise sector urges government to set out 'concrete steps' for restart (cruisetradenews.com)

Yes, doubtful to say the least. As final payment isn't due til mid April, no need to do anything just yet😁