New vaccine

hollyjess

2 hours ago, kalos said:

We took our car a run up the M18 this morning just after 9 am for a 17 mile run .

That was like the good old days. There and back we saw about a dozen cars , a police van and a couple of lorries. Very nice chilled out driving experience .

Hmm!   testing your eyes??

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/roads/can-go-drive-coronavirus-lockdown/

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

On a personal note, over this last 10 months, I have gone from being a happy optimist into a miserable old woman who can see no future. I cry every day and I have no interest in anything anymore, and I know I'm not the only one.I put on a happy front, but inside I'm falling apart.

So to some waiting another couple of months for the vaccine might not seem a long time, but to me and many others, it's a lifetime.

Avril

You poor woman you. Mrs Kalos gets like this from time to time, fearing for our kids & grandkids who have to go out in this uncertain world, more so one of our lads who spends best part of his life these days sleeping in a layby or truckstop making sure goods that we depend on get from one end of the country to another . Sometimes she has been known to wake up crying worrying about them, you are not alone a lot are feeling the same if the truth is known.

As for me I tend to talk about it and that way I feel better about it :classic_unsure:

I was just talking about this with the microwave & the toaster while drinking my tea & we all agreed that things are getting bad.

I didn’t mention any of this to the washing machine, because she puts a different spin on EVERYTHING!! Certainly couldn’t share with the fridge, cause he’s been acting cold & distant!

In the end, the iron straightened me out! She said the situation isn’t all that pressing & all the wrinkles will soon get ironed out!

The vacuum, however, was very unsympathetic…told me to just suck it up! But the fan was VERY optimistic & gave me hope that it will all blow over soon!

The toilet looked a bit flushed but didn’t say anything when I asked its opinion, but the front door said I was becoming unhinged & the doorknob told me to get a grip!! You can just about guess what the curtains told me: they told me to “pull myself together!” :classic_wink:

If you need a chat, I and plenty others are here for you, just as you have been for us when needed.

We will get through this together , regardless of laughter and tears , we will help each other :classic_smile:

You and Frank take care ❤️:classic_smile:

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

You poor woman you. Mrs Kalos gets like this from time to time, fearing for our kids & grandkids who have to go out in this uncertain world, more so one of our lads who spends best part of his life these days sleeping in a layby or truckstop making sure goods that we depend on get from one end of the country to another . Sometimes she has been known to wake up crying worrying about them, you are not alone a lot are feeling the same if the truth is known.

As for me I tend to talk about it and that way I feel better about it :classic_unsure:

I was just talking about this with the microwave & the toaster while drinking my tea & we all agreed that things are getting bad.

I didn’t mention any of this to the washing machine, because she puts a different spin on EVERYTHING!! Certainly couldn’t share with the fridge, cause he’s been acting cold & distant!

In the end, the iron straightened me out! She said the situation isn’t all that pressing & all the wrinkles will soon get ironed out!

The vacuum, however, was very unsympathetic…told me to just suck it up! But the fan was VERY optimistic & gave me hope that it will all blow over soon!

The toilet looked a bit flushed but didn’t say anything when I asked its opinion, but the front door said I was becoming unhinged & the doorknob told me to get a grip!! You can just about guess what the curtains told me: they told me to “pull myself together!” :classic_wink:

If you need a chat, I and plenty others are here for you, just as you have been for us when needed.

We will get through this together , regardless of laughter and tears , we will help each other :classic_smile:

I know that was for Avril - but that did make me laugh. Thank you. X

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

That was s great pick me up Kalos.

Thanks for the good laugh.

Graham.👍😂

• Thanks 1

Avril, I really do feel for you and hope that you don’t have to wait too long for your vaccine. 

I’m generally a positive person, I have to be to counterbalance my lovely, but prone to a grumble husband 😂but I find that I get bogged down sometimes with all the data, it can seem overwhelming at times, so I have to switched off from the news, social media etc for a day or so to reset my positivity levels 😊

Take care, you’re a treasure on here x

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I know that was for Avril - but that did make me laugh. Thank you. X

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

That was s great pick me up Kalos.

Thanks for the good laugh.

Graham.👍😂

Happiness comes with laughter and has been about for millions of years and if it's catching, that makes me even more happy .

Smile everyone we will get there :classic_biggrin: Take care and keep safe !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thank you kalos, that was just the laugh I needed. I'm a tough old bird and I'll get past it. I always have. I hope no-one else reads this bit, it's private,🤫 but I love you kalos , you're a real sweetheart.🤗

Oh, and who's your script writer?

Avril

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, tring said:

I totally agree with this and do think there could be a case for badly affected people to contact their GP's.  Feel down is natural, but if it becomes what may be clinical depression then it needs medical attention and the NHS does still exist when needed.

Those in the later priority groups are by definition less vulnerable, so do not have to worry too much about not getting the jab in the next few weeks or to stop going out and about a bit, if only popping out locally to get some shopping.  No one was advised to shelter over the summer, so should have been some chance for all to get out then when numbers were extremely low.  We are over 70, but no other risk factors (other than my mild asthma which is not a major problem).  We would have ordered our shopping on line had we been able to get a slot in the first lockdown so had to go shopping ourselves.  TBH I am pleased about that as hiding at home would have had a much worse effect on us as it would have been very easy to become fearful about going out at all.  We have also been out for some meals in less risky times, but chosen a quiet time like mid afternoon to limit the risk further.  At present the numbers are very high, so sensible to be ultra careful, but hopefully numbers will get better in the not too distant future.

One thing I do feel is that the constant posts about how long it may possibly take for the vaccine to be rolled out are likely causing more worry for those who are becoming, perhaps a tad over anxious and are turning to these forums for some company.  As said by others we will have no idea how long it will take for the vaccine to be rolled out until we get there, though delivery is increasing at a very high rate at present, so I for one do not see the issue at all.

It is also very easy when at home so much to spend large periods of time watching the BBC 24 hour news and must admit we are guilty of that and it does become difficult not to find all the bad news depressing.  Just have to put something else on TV - perhaps a news free day from time to time - not something we would find easy though, must admit.

Just one point regarding ‘no one was advised to shelter over the summer’ - some were told to shelter/shield in Wales   back in the summer. 

• Like 1

It must be difficult for everyone and I really hope that the vaccination process speeds up. One thing I’d like to say though, if most of us here can afford to go on cruises then we are lucky people who have money to spare for nice holidays. So having money worries on top of everything else must be incredibly stressful, possibly increasingly so for younger groups. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you kalos, that was just the laugh I needed. I'm a tough old bird and I'll get past it. I always have. I hope no-one else reads this bit, it's private,🤫 but I love you kalos , you're a real sweetheart.🤗

Oh, and who's your script writer?

Avril

tenor.gif.3df0d18b287fa3736996365b52d33ab5.gif     211359615_thank-you-gif-261839(1).gif.c73aca9475414a2b9d187a1d75ad822a.gif

who's my  script writer ?    ...  My life, the wife and research   And we all love you Avril :classic_love:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

It must be difficult for everyone and I really hope that the vaccination process speeds up. One thing I’d like to say though, if most of us here can afford to go on cruises then we are lucky people who have money to spare for nice holidays. So having money worries on top of everything else must be incredibly stressful, possibly increasingly so for younger groups. 

A very good point re money. I continually say to my wife that things could be a lot worse. We could be struggling to feed kids and wondering where the next £10 note is coming from. Very lucky with a guaranteed income from pensions and money to spare each month. 

• Like 8

Keeping on the theme of positives, I went for my first bike ride in years!

It was bothering me that I can no longer do my favourite exercise of swimming and with golf out too now I really need to keep active.

I’d forgotten how much fun cycling can be and the leg burn on an upward path reminded me of how they would feel when skiing moguls.

I will definitely continue cycling each weekend, and if it had not been for the lockdown I may not have ever rediscovered it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Agree. Being positive is not a failing. We can guess, or speculate when we will be Jabbed. Untill then we will carry on with our lives as best we can. We go shopping once a week and if Morrisons looks busy, will go back later. Out for a walk each day, but try and stay distanced. Things will get better, but me banging on about targets etc, won't make thing get better by one second sooner.

Admitting to your concerns  isn't a failing either. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We still haven't heard a dickie bird about the roll out of vaccinations down here. I often think the country stops at Plymouth or Exeter!!

Does this help?

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/18996866.surgeries-cornwall-giving-new-oxford-coronavirus-vaccine/

They have apparently already been giving the Pfizer one.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1