So how was your Thanksgiving?

This was my first Thanksgiving since 2012 not onboard a Royal ship. Getting tired the shutdown/Quarantines. Did see 7 Wild Turkeys in my backyard on Wed after 4 Deer day before. Oldest 10 Brothers/Sisters, have 37 Nieces/Nephews, 3 kids and 4 Grand Daughters. Instead had Chicken Dinner alone at home with Mother

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We had a good Thanksgiving. It was just Mike and I because we didn't feel it was necessary to visit with others. It's only 1 Thanksgiving and we are trying not to spread it or get it.

Yes, same here.  For the first time in years, Lynn and I celebrated it alone. We understand we have a responsibility to both ourselves and others.  As you say, it's only one Thanksgiving and we look forward to a more festive and normal one next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SECdawg said:

Just stayed home and fried turkey for the two of us instead of the usual 10 - 14. Missed spending time with family and friends, but very thankful we were all safe and healthy. Looking forward to 2021!

I'm sure you enjoyed the football game!  I'm SO HAPPY the SC  Gamecock season was basically cancelled and we saved $$$$ in our usual season  ticket and parking pass  fees.

We were just the two of us ordered dinner from  local restaurant. 

M

• Like 1

It was just the husband and I, we decided against going back to Indiana for family get together of about 25 people.  It just seemed crazy to get a group together like that, especially when at least half of them are anti maskers.  My 86 year old dad attended which concerns me but nothing I can do about it. 

I cooked a whole turkey, first time in over 30 years for me to do that, and it turned out really well.  A couple of traditional sides and pumpkin pie.  The highlight of the day was FaceTiming with our two sons and their families in VA and our son & his family in Melbourne, Australia. It was a good day.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

My family and I Zoomed Thanksgiving this year. We all had our meals in front of us, blessed our tables and ate.  Then we played virtual games.  It was different, but it was fun!  We are willing to sacrifice one holiday season for many more healthy ones.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Also smoked a Turkey and had Lamb Chops. Didn’t participate in family gathering of 30+ people indoors. Just didn’t feel the timing was right. Missed the family but we made to most of it. 

M8

B9E71F7A-9931-489C-B3D4-6C513CDB9182.jpeg

42D598B0-8D25-4CAB-8FD5-5F6A6061C8D9.jpeg

M8, that looks amazing. And enough to feed 30 people! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Boring, stayed at home and grilled myself a steak, at 75 I don't want to take to many  chances..

I’m 74 and a recent widow so pretty much did the same. I usually have my cousin and his family (about 8 people) but decided to not do that this year. I had three of my fellow cat breeder friends come on Saturday, two of whom live alone and work from home and the third also lives alone but has had the virus and gets tested weekly for her job). I had a free turkey from my super market so roasted that and everyone brought something. Since they are not having cat shows now where we usually get together and we live 2-4 hours apart, it was great to visit for the day. 

• Like 1