C and A Double Points Offer extended into 2022

molly361

49 minutes ago, pcur said:

It's not much of a problem, except I had to build a pretty complex Excel spreadsheet to keep track of all of it.

My cruising buddy cracks up at my multiple tab (by cruise) Excel spreadsheet that tracks all the canceled, lifted and shifted, rebooked cruises, price drop history and so on.  It also tracks all the cruise planner purchases (and cancellations).  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rockmom said:

My cruising buddy cracks up at my multiple tab (by cruise) Excel spreadsheet that tracks all the canceled, lifted and shifted, rebooked cruises, price drop history and so on.  It also tracks all the cruise planner purchases (and cancellations).  

Such organization.  Sounds like you have a great way to monitor the status all your cruises.

Hi Cruiser     We now have 8 cruises cancelled with the last four being in Jan & feb 21. With our next cruises starting in march 21 we will be Pinnacle  on our second  back to back of four on Allure  in October. Have three more left in nov & Dec 21 just incase any more cancellations.

Last year thought we would be dead before reaching the top but doubles did the trick. Have two mariner 5 day in 1-22 & three Allure in Feb 22 so have plenty of Pinnacle  insurance.

Wishing all Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.   Bob & Nancy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mkripke said:

Hello

just jumping in now. I am not sure if this is already touched upon, but what about suite where points are already doubled? will they double the double?

Yes  JS & up 28 points for 7 day,12 for 3 day,16 for 4  etc.   

I just got off the phone with the C&A desk at RCCL.  Even though their online documentation (as far as I can see) hasn't been updated, the double point promo HAS been extended.  

Book before 1/31/21, and sail between 3/1/21 (that's probably not happening) and 3/31/22  for double points.

Also, he confirmed that JS and above cabins get quadruple points.  Any booking that would normally get double points will get quadruple, so this covers solo cabins, too.

i did a lift and shift yesterday for Feb 2022 and the phone rep told me no double points if we go in 2022..  Dang, I wish we could get straight information.  I also have a 9 day in March with payment due Jan 4.  She said no 9 or maybe even no 7 days are going out.  So she told me to call in a few weeks to see if RCL cancels it.  I certainly don't want to make a final payment or get another FCC.

6 minutes ago, siren said:

i did a lift and shift yesterday for Feb 2022 and the phone rep told me no double points if we go in 2022..  Dang, I wish we could get straight information.  I also have a 9 day in March with payment due Jan 4.  She said no 9 or maybe even no 7 days are going out.  So she told me to call in a few weeks to see if RCL cancels it.  I certainly don't want to make a final payment or get another FCC.

Obviously, the rep has not received the memo about the extension.

There is no way a 9 day will sail in March if a US port is involved.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, siren said:

To each Blizzard54’s post.  The rep gave you wrong info. You absolutely get double points for a Feb 22 sailing. 

• Like 1

The phone reps with RCI are always cheerful (well mostly) and quite helpful...but wow...they sure do not ever seem to have updated info.  And I always get a laugh when you are talking to the "D+" desk and they remind you that you can get double points on a JS and above.  Funny...like a D+ and above might not already know that.  😉 

Want current info...come here to CC.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

The phone reps with RCI are always cheerful (well mostly) and quite helpful...but wow...they sure do not ever seem to have updated info.  And I always get a laugh when you are talking to the "D+" desk and they remind you that you can get double points on a JS and above.  Funny...like a D+ and above might not already know that.  😉 

Want current info...come here to CC.  😉 

They do that even when they’re looking at my suite reservation invoices. I also get a chuckle out of their question “do you want the beds together”. Apparently no one told them that is the standard set up.😀

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I just got off the phone with the C&A desk at RCCL.  Even though their online documentation (as far as I can see) hasn't been updated, the double point promo HAS been extended.  

Book before 1/31/21, and sail between 3/1/21 (that's probably not happening) and 3/31/22  for double points.

Also, he confirmed that JS and above cabins get quadruple points.  Any booking that would normally get double points will get quadruple, so this covers solo cabins, too.

Hopefully they extend it again later in 2021 as I don't believe there will be much if any cruising until 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

They do that even when they’re looking at my suite reservation invoices. I also get a chuckle out of their question “do you want the beds together”. Apparently no one told them that is the standard set up.😀

Yeah, the bed set up used to be in our profile as well.  But that all changed during the "upgraded" website they put in (one giant step backward upgrade 😉 ) ....the one that you can't access your gift preferences and make changes yourself any longer.  Some upgrade eh?   

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, the bed set up used to be in our profile as well.  But that all changed during the "upgraded" website they put in (one giant step backward upgrade 😉 ) ....the one that you can't access your gift preferences and make changes yourself any longer.  Some upgrade eh?   

They have not paid attention to the bed set up profile since a long time before the "upgrade"

They often do not get the gift preferences correct either.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

They have not paid attention to the bed set up profile since a long time before the "upgrade"

They often do not get the gift preferences correct either.

One nice thing about being able to get with the LA on board...get the preferences corrected.  😉 

21 hours ago, siren said:

Call again and check on this.  The Crown and Anchor rep actually read the policy to me, and it said nothing about L&S not being qualified.