C19 Vaccination Cards for US Citizens on the Horizon

nelblu

1 hour ago, BND said:

But, anyone who makes up a fake card isn't really benefitting themselves because if they get sick, what exactly have they accomplished?

Sure, but the repercussions if they lied and get sick from the virus.  I would hate to be in their predicament.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That's kind of a modern version of this.  

907014-holocaust-survivor.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

So what is the big problems.  We have card/numbers for social security, Medicare, driver licenses, passports, loyalty cards, etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

So what is the big problems.  We have card/numbers for social security, Medicare, driver licenses, passports, loyalty cards, etc.

Not to mention almost all school children have to show proof of vaccination before they can enroll in schools   (or proof of an exemption)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nomad098 said:

How would a cruise line know without access to your health records?

Not concerned about the cruise line.  If the individual gets infected and it's traced to the individual and he/she lied/omitted facts from the cruise line, I'm positive there will be repercussions. 

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Not concerned about the cruise line.  If the individual gets infected and it's traced to the individual and he/she lied/omitted facts from the cruise line, I'm positive there will be repercussions. 

I don't disagree but how to prove and trace individuals that have acted dishonestly without the correct infrastructure in place, chances are they are not going to own up voluntarily unless they become seriously ill which is statistically unlikely  

1 minute ago, nomad098 said:

I don't disagree but how to prove and trace individuals that have acted dishonestly without the correct infrastructure in place, chances are they are not going to own up voluntarily unless they become seriously ill which is statistically unlikely  

I'm not talking about those that lie and do not get sick.  Many states, including mine, have a large number of tracers and that is their job to examine and determine and go after the individuals.

From a personal experience.  I got a call from my County medical personnel to ascertain how I felt or any symptoms as I was identified to be in contact with a close family member who was diagnosed with C19.

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

There have been reports that CVS and Walgreens are developing an app that will provide the tracking information. Not sure where this is in development, or whether it will be adopted widely.

CLEAR (airport CLEAR) is currently working on an app to provide proof of vaccination.  The app won't show your medical history but will flash green to indicated proof of vaccination.

They are anticipating that this app will be widely used since it is believed that most private and public businesses from a small restaurant to flying to large concerts, to sports arenas and even cruising will require proof of vaccination to utilize the their services.

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Readiness date was just moved from April 1 to March 1.  

I sure wish the Feds could focus more on vaccine roll out VS posturing for votes. Let’s focus on one important thing at a time. I’ve been turned off by the provinces that held snap elections during the pandemic.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, LeDemonBlond said:

I was just reading an article about this concerning Canada. Each province has their own Healthcare Database but they don't exchange data between them. The feds would like to have a central database to  know who was given the shot and if there was a reaction. Anyway, it is being worked on but it won't be ready in time they start giving shots which is sometime next week.  Some kind of temporary setup will happen.

I'll assume some kind of card will be given to people. Will that be necessary if you want to get on a plane or visit a country? I suspect it might.

FL has an opioid database that all pharmacies use

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

I'm not talking about those that lie and do not get sick.  Many states, including mine, have a large number of tracers and that is their job to examine and determine and go after the individuals.

From a personal experience.  I got a call from my County medical personnel to ascertain how I felt or any symptoms as I was identified to be in contact with a close family member who was diagnosed with C19.

I'm assuming you were identified by the family member who tested positive.  The other option is the tracing apps that are available, but not required.  I haven't registered with one so the only way they would contact me is because my name was given as a contact by the person who is positive.  Tracers work off the data they are given, voluntarily.

1 hour ago, cured said:

CLEAR (airport CLEAR) is currently working on an app to provide proof of vaccination.  The app won't show your medical history but will flash green to indicated proof of vaccination.

They are anticipating that this app will be widely used since it is believed that most private and public businesses from a small restaurant to flying to large concerts, to sports arenas and even cruising will require proof of vaccination to utilize the their services.

I think that this is the most likely outcome.  Government will not make anyone get the vaccine.  They'll leave it to the corporate world to make life extremely inconvenient for those who decline to get the vaccine. .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FL has an opioid database that all pharmacies use

Most states have that, I had to look up patients in the shared state databases and had to provide the "look up" info before I could prescribe any schedule II medications. Maine also has a state data base for vaccines, but more for tracking vaccine batches and to make sure school kids are vaccinated.