C19 Vaccination Cards for US Citizens on the Horizon

nelblu

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I can see using an app or something similar when you have cell/data coverage but am curious how that would work when you're in a country/place where you don't. Ex.....embarkation in a foreign port. 

Try downloading it to your phone.  Very easy

Whatever app is used, if one is used, would provide a unique identifier that the entity checking should be able to use to verify validity.  Once the app has your vaccination registered there should be no need for internet access as it should be cached on the device.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 7:51 AM, Iamcruzin said:

They sell vaccine certificate cards on Amazon. They come with a vinyl cover. Only 20 left. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 1.49.05 AM.png

I assume most US citizen do not know the yellow colored "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" document as shown above. THIS is the only worldwide standard to prove vaccination when you travel outside the USA. In continents like Europe they come with birth and are free of charge. The document contains all of your vaccinations you received so far.

This only ww document -which is owned by billions of people (outside the USA)- is authorized, approved and recognized by all countries membering WHO - oops, the USA just withdrew from WHO.....

• Thanks 1

Our local news did a story on Clear and what they are doing to design the app to track vaccinations.

Apparently, it will be part of their CLEAR healthpass.

https://www.clearme.com/healthpass

The COVID vaccination part apparently will flash green on your phone to tell companies that you have received the vaccine.

I have been told by health professional family that the paper that is being given when you get your 1st vaccine is to let you and your physician know which vaccine you received, especially when multiple vaccines come out.

It is to help prevent getting the Pfizer vaccine for the first dose and the Moderna for the 2nd dose. Since they work differently, you cannot mix them.

4 hours ago, cured said:

Our local news did a story on Clear and what they are doing to design the app to track vaccinations.

Apparently, it will be part of their CLEAR healthpass.

https://www.clearme.com/healthpass

The COVID vaccination part apparently will flash green on your phone to tell companies that you have received the vaccine.

I have been told by health professional family that the paper that is being given when you get your 1st vaccine is to let you and your physician know which vaccine you received, especially when multiple vaccines come out.

It is to help prevent getting the Pfizer vaccine for the first dose and the Moderna for the 2nd dose. Since they work differently, you cannot mix them.

Well stated, not to track who has/has not received toward any future enforcement more of a long term see if any adverse effects/how it performs, when received and Version. Back to thread topic, As Biden and Fauci have said no Mandate for all to receive. Along with a Cruise Line CEO or 2 have stated Legally probably not enforceable, they'd loose in Court...at least in USA

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Well stated, not to track who has/has not received toward any future enforcement more of a long term see if any adverse effects/how it performs, when received and Version. Back to thread topic, As Biden and Fauci have said no Mandate for all to receive. Along with a Cruise Line CEO or 2 have stated Legally probably not enforceable, they'd loose in Court...at least in USA

If an airline, train company, bus company, cruise line introduced a policy that infringed on free movement of EU citizens within the EU without EU approval then they would be going against the fundamental principles of the EU. The UK tried to get the EU to move on this principle of free movement of people and we know how that worked out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, molly361 said:

Vaccine deliveries to Florida are being delayed due to production issues.  Not sure if other states are also affected.  What a surprise😇

Florida has got some delivered.  My youngest daughter is a RN for advent health and they have the vaccine.

but you are right that the original numbers are lower due to past production ingredient/material supplies not being readily available.

I am pretty sure this supply chain concern has now been corrected.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:45 AM, nelblu said:

Vaccination cards will be issued to track of C!9 shots.  This is in coordination with

DOD, CDC & HHS.   Also a way for Cruise Lines, Airlines, etc. in case they require proof before traveling.

See the following article,

Covid-19 Vaccination Recipients Will Receive Vaccine Card - Travel Codex

I'm going to put mine in a decorative frame when this is all said and done - just as a reminder of what we all went through together.  

On 12/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, Tree_skier said:

You'll need Covid ID to go to a restaurant or football game but no ID required to vote... That is rational.

People in cemeteries need to vote too Skier - leave them alone!

On 12/16/2020 at 5:42 AM, Kbonner said:

I assume most US citizen do not know the yellow colored "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" document as shown above. THIS is the only worldwide standard to prove vaccination when you travel outside the USA. In continents like Europe they come with birth and are free of charge. The document contains all of your vaccinations you received so far.

This only ww document -which is owned by billions of people (outside the USA)- is authorized, approved and recognized by all countries membering WHO - oops, the USA just withdrew from WHO.....

I'm sure we will be back in no time.  They need the funding!  Don't worry, we'll pay for it.  

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 8:30 AM, later said:

Florida has got some delivered.  My youngest daughter is a RN for advent health and they have the vaccine.

but you are right that the original numbers are lower due to past production ingredient/material supplies not being readily available.

I am pretty sure this supply chain concern has now been corrected.

It hasn't been. A family member at Jackson Memorial in Miami said everyone who they planned to get vaccinated will not be as they're not receiving what had initially been allocated. Most will have to wait for the second shipment which doesn't have a clear date (as of yesterday.)

48 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

It hasn't been. A family member at Jackson Memorial in Miami said everyone who they planned to get vaccinated will not be as they're not receiving what had initially been allocated. Most will have to wait for the second shipment which doesn't have a clear date (as of yesterday.)

The distribution schedule for the first Pfizer shipment that was laid out for Florida didn't have every hospital getting their allotment on the same (first) day. The schedule called for a rollout over three-four days which would mean the last group of hospitals getting their first shipment yesterday or today.

2 hours ago, fla33023 said:

My daughter is getting the vaccine today. So it depends I guess in what hospital chain you work for.  

Advent Health/Florida Hospitals here got the vaccine.

44 minutes ago, Sorcerer Tim said:

Received my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and have a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. I also registered through the state health department so have no doubt they keep records. Next shot in three weeks.

If possible, please keep us abreast if any reactions.

Edited by nelblu

I had the first shot on Thursday morning (healthcare worker). You get a vaccination record card that states manufacturer/lot number/date given and when to return for the next dose. I had mild soreness at the injection site that lasted 24 hours, normal for any shot. Get it when you can.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, FishLips23 said:

I had the first shot on Thursday morning (healthcare worker). You get a vaccination record card that states manufacturer/lot number/date given and when to return for the next dose. I had mild soreness at the injection site that lasted 24 hours, normal for any shot. Get it when you can.

Do you know how many follow-up shots.  Do you know if like the flu shot it's an annual event.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Do you know how many follow-up shots.  Do you know if like the flu shot it's an annual event.

I don't think anyone knows if booster shots will be necessary yet, considering people have only been vaccinated since July at the earliest. 

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

No one knows the answer to your questions. Only time will provide that information.

My hospital started vaccinations this morning.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No one knows the answer to your questions. Only time will provide that information.

My hospital started vaccinations this morning.

Personal question. Are you planning on taking it and promote it? ( disclaimer, I did not read the entire thread so if you have already answered this I  apologize).

44 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Personal question. Are you planning on taking it and promote it? ( disclaimer, I did not read the entire thread so if you have already answered this I  apologize).

I can't answer your question with a simple yes or no so I really don't want to get into a long discussion about it. Sorry, I hope that I am not coming across as being rude.

Never Ocean Boy. I am just trying to get as much info from as many Physicians as I can. I have a 45 year history of Sarcoidosis and now severe COPD. I just retired from 44 years of nursing this summer. So am conflicted on safety of this vaccine and the  rapid trial data and my need to be protected.  Take care and Merry Christmas.

8 hours ago, FishLips23 said:

That's good to hear.  My entire family will get vaccinated ASAP.