Radiance after balconies.

bbiggar

11 minutes ago, bbiggar said:

Looking to book on the Raidiance and wondering if the aft balconies get soot on them?

We have booked aft balconies on that class of ship and soot has not been an issue for us. 1100 is our go to favorite on that class.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

9256 our favorite on that series, also love JS 1100, but prefer one deck down from outside dining WJ, which is directly above 1100 (light sleeper).  

We have had soot on our balcony, but it's rare.  Also got it on the little Vision sisters corner aft cabins.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, island lady said:

We have had soot on our balcony, but it's rare.  Also got it on the little Vision sisters corner aft cabins.  

Agree - we have had soot issues on both Vision and Radiance class aft corners and regular afts. Not every day of sailing, however enough to be annoying!

10 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Agree - we have had soot issues on both Vision and Radiance class aft corners and regular afts. Not every day of sailing, however enough to be annoying!

Yes, and always have to glace closely at the chairs before you sit on them.  😉 

5 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

We have done aft balconies on Radiance and Vison class and have been lucky to never have soot issues.  

And indeed...you have been lucky.  😉  I would say 90% of the time we are...but are always aware of that 10% chance.  Pays to inspect, before seating.  

• Like 1

It depends on which way the wind is blowing . The first time we had an aft balcony on Voyager we wondered why there was a piece of loose carpet inside by the balcony door , like a door mat ,  we soon found out !  Make sure you never go outside in bare feet or leave stuff hanging over the furniture especially anything white and before you sit down wipe everything down . 
I am not sure since scrubbers were added if the problem is less these days but it is not worth taking a chance .

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

We've had 1600 Cat. GS a few times and 1100 Cat. JS too and have not experienced much soot.  I think we got it one time but that was it.

Op ask " Do you get soot" ? 

yes .......Y 

no..........N 

🙃

We’ve had many aft balconies on Radiance and Vision class ships, and yes, we have experienced soot on the balcony. We just make a habit of wiping down the furniture or simply placing a towel on the chairs/loungers  before we sit.  I often wear white slacks on cruises, so I am particularly careful.   

Regarding the aft balcony floors, all balcony floors seem dirty to me so I rarely if ever walk out without slippers/shoes.  Aft makes no difference. 

For us, the view is worth the potential soot inconvenience. 

24 minutes ago, bbiggar said:

Thank you all for your responses. Having the cabin number is also helpful. 1100 is our friends cabin and looking at getting a cabin near them.

On that deck the middle (wake) cabins between 1100 and 1600 have balconies that are  deep and more narrow, with lots of shade.  Very desirable for those that can't take a lot of sun.  (My DH is a sun lizard...hence the other reason for corner aft...direct sun).   The other end is the Grand Suite 1600.  

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Don't leave any personal possession out on your balcony overnight.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Not only a ship's rule...but I sure don't want to see that pair of undies flying past my balcony while at sea.  😜

beware-

We left a shirt out once and during the night someone apparently flicked a cigarette overboard or from another balcony and it landed on the shirt. LUCKILY, (and I mean luckily) the cigarette only burnt a hole on the shirt!   Could have been disastrous!  

Since then,  we NEVER leave anything on the balcony. 

m

• Like 1