Suite lounges

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Maybe D+ can join them.  Some top elite would love to bash a car into a Pinnacle.

Who needs to go to the Royal theatre for entertainment.

The emerald and platinum can go to playmakers and see there future.

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But wait. If a ship NEVER had a CL, then it’s impossible to get kicked out of the CL. Harmony and Symphony, NEVER had a CL but people still complained they were kicked out of the CL on those ships. 😇

M8

You confuse me with someone else.  

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

You confuse me with someone else.  

Nope. You said....

“now that D+ is kicked out of the CLs on most ships” 

If a ship has never had a CL, how can one be kicked out?  Or if there is no longer a CL, how can one be kicked out?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

On 1/3/2021 at 7:39 PM, sandebeach said:

We have B2B booked on Allure in a GS, for last two weeks in April. Sad to say, I do not believe we will be sailing. 

We have a May 23 Oasis cruise and I also believe it will not sail.  In order to have all staff, cruise terminal personal and passengers vaccinated, doubt it.  We also have an August 2021 cruise booked, and that is probably 50/50 chance of sailing.  Hope our cruise next January is a go!  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Nope. You said....

If a ship has never had a CL, how can one be kicked out?  Or if there is no longer a CL, how can one be kicked out?

So far three pages on your favorite topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/3/2021 at 6:53 PM, alphawave1 said:

My sister we and I are booked on a b2b April cruise in a Grand suite. We will have had Covid vaccine. 
Any  word if the Suite lounge will be open?

I would be more concerned about IF this cruise even happens.  

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

On the ships you've been on in the past, did you like the SL or the CL and if you are D or higher the DL better? IOO on the ships we've been on we've liked the DL or the CL mainly due to location. So we always went to the DL on those ships. We've never done a suite so I don't know if there's any difference as far as additional perks/benefits. 

So, the last, and actually only, time we've been in a suite, was over 20 years ago, on Carnival Inspiration 🙂  And, we won't be D until after this next trip...  

2 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So, the last, and actually only, time we've been in a suite, was over 20 years ago, on Carnival Inspiration 🙂  And, we won't be D until after this next trip...  

Oh OK.  Hope you get to go on the cruise and enjoy your new firsthand experience in the lounge. IMO, experiencing something new without others opinions (positive or negative) is better anyway. Obviously not everyone feels that way. No misconceived impressions.  Especially now whenever cruising resumes and with the unknown (possible) post CV-19 changes. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Nope. You said....

And that is EXACTLY what I said.  "D+ is kicked out of CLs on most ships".  Yes.  

What are YOU talking about?  Did I SAY there was no CL?  Vision B2B2B last January ...D+ kicked out of CL.  Rhapsody B2B last February...D+ kicked out of CL.  Yes CL.   

Not all of us travel just in the newest and largest ships.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

And that is EXACTLY what I said.  "D+ is kicked out of CLs on most ships".  Yes.  

What are YOU talking about?  Did I SAY there was no CL?  Vision B2B2B last January ...D+ kicked out of CL.  Rhapsody B2B last February...D+ kicked out of CL.  Yes CL.   

Not all of us travel just in the newest and largest ships.  

I’m pretty sure we are taking about Odyssey or reference to Odyssey on this thread. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

When I was kicked out of the CL on Vision last year they dedicated the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge to D and above for happy hour so it was actually a huge improvement.  #winning

We were on B2B2B on Vision out of PR last January.  The DL is extremely tiny on that ship, and they did not use Some Enchanted Evening for overflow on any of the three weeks.  Was too many special events booked into that lounge at night.  We opted for either using our drink vouchers at a few bars, but mostly just enjoyed wine on our balcony (favorite JS corner aft cabin has HUGE wrap around balcony with great views).  😉 

With the wine we brought on board, and the three comped bottles sent to our cabin...we never went thirsty.  😉 

Now on Rhapsody the following month, they did use that aft lounge opened up with tiny DL in the other corner (it's on the side on Vision).   Even though we could use the CL...we opted for that beautiful lounge instead.  CL on Rhapsody was pretty much dead every evening.  Concierge was totally bummed.  And in fact they sent most of his servers down the to DL to help out.  Almost all of the Pinnies were in the DL as well.  

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m pretty sure we are taking about Odyssey or reference to Odyssey on this thread. 

Original post from the OP...do you see any reference to Odyssey here?🤔

My sister we and I are booked on a b2b April cruise in a Grand suite. We will have had Covid vaccine. 
Any  word if the Suite lounge will be open?

• Like 1

I definitely understand why they kick diamond plus out of CL our first grand suite about 8 years ago we were definitely looking forward to trying it and when we got there one night there were no chairs and concierge asked us to use the diamond lounge instead, we are now diamond plus but alway book suites. This was on navigator.

• Thanks 1