VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

44 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

They continue to run TV commercials here encouraging vaccines. I assume that is because interest is waning. 

I think there are historical reasons why some are hesitant that are valid but can be changed with information and support.  I think some people only like alternative facts as opposed to plain old facts. I think some people aren’t internet savvy and can’t figure out how to get an appointment. I think some people are waiting until their friends get it and confirm that it’s okay; kind of a herd mentality instead of just immunity.  And I think some people embrace and hold tight to their biases that are simply political and illogical. 

Edited by PoolSlider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

They continue to run TV commercials here encouraging vaccines. I assume that is because interest is waning. 

You need to look at the numbers. They are now averaging nearly 2.5 millions shots a day. Appts are 30 days out in my area. As long as the number of shots a day continues to increase interest is NOT waning. They are lowering the age threshold across many cities, counties and states because they are seeing that the younger population is now responsible for the most transmission. In a study done 6 weeks ago 75% of the transmission was from young adults 20 to 49 years age. I would imagine that the 75% number is even higher now since so many above 50 have received at least one shot. At an average of 2.5 million shots a day and increasing all those who wish to be vaccinated will have received their first shot by mid-May if not earlier. And we will have a glut of vaccine by the end of April. 

Demand in Washington State continues to out-strip availability, but getting a shot or an appointment for a vaccination is becoming easier. As a pastor of a small congregation I am pleased that interest in becoming vaccinated is increasing among some that were previously anti-vaccination. Part of what is helping them change their minds is seeing that those of us that have been vaccinated are continuing to do fine and more social opportunities are opening for individuals that have been vaccinated. We still have a few that would rather not get what they consider to be an experimental shot. I respect that "Emergency Use Authorization" can mean different things to different people. More study and time may bring more individuals to the understanding that they should be vaccinated, but that is up to them and they shouldn't be shamed for having a different opinion or understanding of the risk involved.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A quote 

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/everyone-in-texas-be-able-to-get-the-covid-vaccine-march-date-set/285-576f0248-9c4d-437a-a87f-271ea31d5c61

Dr. Keiser is the Health Authority for Galveston County where about 18% of the population’s now vaccinated.

“Initially, we had all these waitlists and all these other things to try and manage the demand,” he said. “But I can tell you, for about the past three or four weeks we’ve had to work to fill up all of our appointments.”

hopefully the TV ads will convince the young to get vaccines.  I don’t think the young necessarily want to sign up for the hubs and the random of appointments.   They work, they manage children, they are caretakers for their elderly relatives.  They need to be able to call the local pharmacy and get an appointment at their convenience. They do not have the urgency that the older folks have.   Most appointments now are Monday through Friday. If they want the young they are going to have to have mass clinics on Saturday and Sunday. 

Edited by Mary229

Big update in vaccine release for next week. From 17 million doses per week, to 27 million next week. 23 million are Moderna and Pfizer, 4 million J&J. J&J is still lagging on their production promises, but it sound like the biggest part of the problem is a secondary factory has not passed all it's tests and inspections...but could finish that up within a week or so.

18 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

In Florida Governor Desantis stated today(Mar 25, 2021) that beginning April 5, anyone over 18 is eligible to receive a vaccine.

Hopefully, people will choose to get vaccinated.

That’s the key.

• Like 1

Found a good site that charts vaccines administered per 100 people (can have more than 100 since it counts someone who got 2 vaccine doses as 2. But good picture of relative progress between a few countries in the Caribbean with some noteworthy countries/EU. I tried to include Bahamas but I don't think they have the vaccination data available.

image.thumb.png.ded51043a8329ebaf40208b979c01277.png

• Thanks 1

North County San Diego is behind  most areas in the US that have been posted on this  thread , We bekieve the reason is a general  vaccine shortage  , Regardless of age  if the mfgs are behind  in   producing the vaccine production they once promised,then there is little hope for us in the near future , Today ,I went onto the CVS web site for the JnJ vaccine which imo is best for us mat 82 each with underlying medical conditions . Too  many side effects to people on the 2nd shot vaccines for us to feel confortable taking those .Thus ,the JnJ seems to us to be the best for us 

This has been the most frustrating experience   that we have been through in a very very long time . There have been other CC members who  both tried to help & there have also been CC members who lack understanding or empathize  . We  live in a senior community of over 500 homes & we have lived here for over 20 years & we talk to others who also complained about the lack of vaccine availability 

For younger people in good health the 2 shot vaccine has little problems but it also has recoded some deaths on the 2nd shot   .Therefore it is our decision to limit the downside  by waiting patiently for the availability of the JnJ at a local CVS  pharmacy 

15 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

North County San Diego is behind  most areas in the US that have been posted on this  thread , We bekieve the reason is a general  vaccine shortage  , Regardless of age  if the mfgs are behind  in   producing the vaccine production they once promised,then there is little hope for us in the near future , Today ,I went onto the CVS web site for the JnJ vaccine which imo is best for us mat 82 each with underlying medical conditions . Too  many side effects to people on the 2nd shot vaccines for us to feel confortable taking those .Thus ,the JnJ seems to us to be the best for us 

This has been the most frustrating experience   that we have been through in a very very long time . There have been other CC members who  both tried to help & there have also been CC members who lack understanding or empathize  . We  live in a senior community of over 500 homes & we have lived here for over 20 years & we talk to others who also complained about the lack of vaccine availability 

For younger people in good health the 2 shot vaccine has little problems but it also has recoded some deaths on the 2nd shot   .Therefore it is our decision to limit the downside  by waiting patiently for the availability of the JnJ at a local CVS  pharmacy 

Very simply, I empathize with you.  The system is laborious to navigate through and there is very, very little availability.  We have been trying to get some of our employees squared away under the food/agriculture category, and even broadening scope out to other counties beyond San Diego, we've had little success.  Hopefully things will get better.

40 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fe997e753224baa7d563e98422cff575.jpeg
I just got on Rite Aid and appts were available!! Wish I could give you your vaccines! More vaccines are here now.

Keep trying!

It is 3;30 in Leucadia! Hope this helps

Denise😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

In Florida Governor Desantis stated today(Mar 25, 2021) that beginning April 5, anyone over 18 is eligible to receive a vaccine.

Hopefully, people will choose to get vaccinated.

And the Florida age had just been lowered to 50 Monday (3/22) and we got ours at 9am that day with no problem getting an appointment....

Everybody go get a jab and then let's get on a Holland America ship as fast as we can!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

There isn't a shortage of all vaccines.  Just today our state said they have over 100,000 appointments available. 

Now,  states who haven't been running their programs very well are maybe saying there's a supply problem, but consider the source...

Our elderly relatives all had the Pfizer vaccine with no problem, but you're holding out for the one vaccine that is in shorter supply.  JnJ is ramping up with their new partnership with Merck so hopefully you'll get what you're holding out for.  You've convinced yourself this is your only option and that's your privilege but you'll have to wait.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fe997e753224baa7d563e98422cff575.jpeg
I just got on Rite Aid and appts were available!! Wish I could give you your vaccines! More vaccines are here now.

Keep trying!

It is 3;30 in Leucadia! Hope this helps

Denise😊

Thanks for your post Denise  .This is not the JnJ one shot vaccine which we feel has less side effects  , We waited this long   , Waiting a month or so to get the JnJ locally is not excessive now .

Cliff

1 hour ago, Cruise NH said:

There isn't a shortage of all vaccines.  Just today our state said they have over 100,000 appointments available. 

Now,  states who haven't been running their programs very well are maybe saying there's a supply problem, but consider the source...

Our elderly relatives all had the Pfizer vaccine with no problem, but you're holding out for the one vaccine that is in shorter supply.  JnJ is ramping up with their new partnership with Merck so hopefully you'll get what you're holding out for.  You've convinced yourself this is your only option and that's your privilege but you'll have to wait.

The records do show more people have had adverse side effects from the two shot vaccines  .Although most people do not , our internist /geriatric  doctor recommends we get the JnJ . He also will not give his patients the senior  stronger flu shot because of side effects  .We follow his advice

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

The records do show more people have had adverse side effects from the two shot vaccines  .Although most people do not , our internist /geriatric  doctor recommends we get the JnJ . He also will not give his patients the senior  stronger flu shot because of side effects  .We follow his advice

There is far more data on the Moderna and Pfizer and far more people vaccinated with those.   But by all means follow your doctors advice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Please provide some confirmed facts and sources on this. I have not seen any...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

There is far more data on the Moderna and Pfizer and far more people vaccinated with those.   But by all means follow your doctors advice

The other issue is that there have been deaths recorded with the 2 shot process & to our knowledge no deaths yet recorded with the one shot process . Of course every death some how gets related to covid these days ?? 

• Like 1

Just now, mcrcruiser said:

The other issue is that there have been deaths recorded with the 2 shot process & to our knowledge no deaths yet recorded with the one shot process . Of course every death some how gets related to covid these days ?? 

Again please provide some confirmed sources on this...

J&J has only done about 3 million shots in the US, Pfizer and Moderna have done over 60 million each. Far more empirical evidence on issues with Pfizer and Moderna.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Please provide some confirmed facts and sources on this. I have not seen any...

This is what I just googled 

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+vaccine+deaths+cdc&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS817US817&oq=covid+vaccine+deaths+&aqs=chrome.0.0i433j69i57j0.10213j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

3 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

OK, that linked to the VAERS report. Have you read the actual VAERS report? It NEVER, EVER, not even once, has listed the Covid vaccine as a cause of death. It rarely lists the cause of death for any case mentioned in it. Some anti-vax groups have widely posted this as proof that people have died from the vaccines. It doesn't actually prove a single death from the vaccine.

• Like 2