What do other cruise lines do that you wish Royal Caribbean would do?

time4u2go

8 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes, the stinky cheese!  We did discover that some ships have it in the Windjammer at lunch.  I confess, I did fill up a bowl before leaving.

Mmmm...so stinky and soooo good!!  🧀  🤗  We sometimes used to get it on the "fruit and cheese" plate with room service.  Little plate of that, some red wine, and our favorite chairs on the balcony with best view on the ship...for us anyway.  😉 

Best one was as we were leaving Hubbard Glacier on Radiance Alaska, and that fabulous aft wrap balcony view....ahhh....

WP_000119.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

Just now, island lady said:

Mmmm...so stinky and soooo good!!  🧀  🤗  We sometimes used to get it on the "fruit and cheese" plate with room service.  Little plate of that, some red wine, and our favorite chairs on the balcony with best view on the ship...for us anyway.  😉   

So right. I do draw the line at limburger cheese. 🤢

On 1/17/2021 at 10:44 AM, firefly333 said:

I like the bbq best on conquest class up where fish and chips was. I'm on vista in sept where its outside and not in a quiet ac place. But it has the other good lunch spots, the mexican salads for lunch in a shell, Mongolian wok, etc. 

Wish we had allure next year but I got transferred to liberty. Getting to florida takes more time, but I guess that's my best choice if they dont get busy on terminal 3. Not ready to fly again yet.

I liked ourusualbeach suggestions, let us on rcl stack obc, if a fcc is more than the cost of paying off the balance let us get obc and use up fcc. I forget his other 2.

VIP debarktion for loyalty levels like carnival does. 

CCL Horizon's Guys SH/BH BBQ is much bigger than Vista, on the other side of the ship primarily, and plenty of indoor seating with AC. 🙂. I have to have the AC while eating as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have a feeling we will be spending more time on our balcony when cruising resumes.  Red wine and cheese, can't beat it.

BTW, do any of your stores still sell limburger cheese?  I can't find it here in NYC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

CCL Horizon's Guys SH/BH BBQ is much bigger than Vista, on the other side of the ship primarily, and plenty of indoor seating with AC. 🙂. I have to have the AC while eating as well. 

We are supposed to sail Mardi Gras in May (I don’t think it will happen) but I have been checking out deck plans and their new eating places, looking forward to being on a brand new ship. Also looking forward to checking out  Odyssey. There is something special about sailing on a brand new ship. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I have a feeling we will be spending more time on our balcony when cruising resumes.  Red wine and cheese, can't beat it.

BTW, do any of your stores still sell limburger cheese?  I can't find it here in NYC.

I am pretty sure Publix grocery does...but I am like Dave....not a fan of Limburger.  😮 

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

We are supposed to sail Mardi Gras in May (I don’t think it will happen) but I have been checking out deck plans and their new eating places, looking forward to being on a brand new ship. Also looking forward to checking out  Odyssey. There is something special about sailing on a brand new ship. 

I am looking forward to Odyssey as well. First time for me on Q class. I too want to book Mardi Gras badly, and by the time I actually get to, it may be better to book CCL Celebration. LOL

4 hours ago, scootersdad said:

Have Transatlantics that stop at more ports like NCL.  

I agree!  The absolute best TA we ever took was the last Caribbean cruise, the TA, and the first Mediterranean cruise on the same ship.  Super trip.  We did it again in 2019 on the Jewel.

4 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I am looking forward to Odyssey as well. First time for me on Q class. I too want to book Mardi Gras badly, and by the time I actually get to, it may be better to book CCL Celebration. LOL

We are booked on Celebration’s TA in November 2022!

• Like 1

I wished they would bring back free room service.  I know some people go over board and order a ton of stuff and then waste it. If they would bring it back and even allow someone to order only a certain amount of times I would be good with that.

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wished they would bring back free room service.  I know some people go over board and order a ton of stuff and then waste it. If they would bring it back and even allow someone to order only a certain amount of times I would be good with that.

And sadly many not only took advantage of it, lots of plates of partial eaten food piled up in the hallway (which was totally gross)....but many did not tip.  

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 8:38 AM, island lady said:

And sadly many not only took advantage of it, lots of plates of partial eaten food piled up in the hallway (which was totally gross)....but many did not tip.  

This is Royal. But on Carnival also they started to charge from a certain time at night to morning while adding more choices. They said what you did about waste. But I will tell you when bringing younger mature people on the cruise who party at night and come back to the cabin and order food at 1 or 2 A.M. that it takes at least an hour or even more for it to arrive and they may crash out. That amount of time and more causes some consternation as people are sitting in their cabins. 

9 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

This is Royal. But on Carnival also they started to charge from a certain time at night to morning while adding more choices. They said what you did about waste. But I will tell you when bringing younger mature people on the cruise who party at night and come back to the cabin and order food at 1 or 2 A.M. that it takes at least an hour or even more for it to arrive and they may crash out. That amount of time and more causes some consternation as people are sitting in their cabins. 

We have not done late-night room service but I must admit we have stood in a long line at night at Pizza Pirate!

I believe it was June 2020 Celebrity's Captains Club started a Cruise Reward Program called "Power Up Points" (PUPs). Once a month the CC sends an Email out with Celebrity cruise related trivia type questions. By participating you earn PUPs (🐶🤣). Ten PUPs equals 1 Captains Club cruise point. You could be on your way to the next tier level while being landlocked. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I believe it was June 2020 Celebrity's Captains Club started a Cruise Reward Program called "Power Up Points" (PUPs). Once a month the CC sends an Email out with Celebrity cruise related trivia type questions. By participating you earn PUPs (🐶🤣). Ten PUPs equals 1 Captains Club cruise point. You could be on your way to the next tier level while being landlocked. 

I got one a few days ago. I think it had to do with filling out a survey

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

True, in all our cruising we've never used room service once.

Dan

We have but not very often and we ordered what we would eat. We haven’t since they started charging for it.