What do other cruise lines do that you wish Royal Caribbean would do?

time4u2go

Since there's not much to talk about these days related to cruising, I was wondering what things other cruise lines do that you wish RC did?  I feel like there's always room for improvement, for any cruise line!

For me, one of the things would be to have better (any?) poolside dining options.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

1. Go to coco cay again from Galveston.  I dont care if no key west and only 2 ports.

2. Guys burgers and guys bbq like carnival. I really like carnivals lunch options.

I agree with Guy’s Burgers poolside. Holland America has the Dive-In poolside grill, it is also great. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

For me, one of the things would be to have better (any?) poolside dining options.

YES! A counter (or two) up on the Lido near the pools - this is one way Princess excels over RC in terms of Lido deck amenities. Pizza on one side, grill on the other. Grab & go!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I really want a to do a Panama Canal cruise

We took a Panama Canal cruise, Ft. Lauderdale-San Diego w. Celebrity.  Azamara also does this cruise.  Both owned by & share loyalty w. RCI.  We loved it.

I like that Celebrity (a sister company of RCL) permits you in your room immediately upon boarding.   It may not even be turned over yet, but it gives you a chance to put your carry on luggage down and maybe change into a swim suit.    Should be an easy implementation since they have the procedure already built into the company.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

I like that Celebrity (a sister company of RCL) permits you in your room immediately upon boarding.   It may not even be turned over yet, but it gives you a chance to put your carry on luggage down and maybe change into a swim suit.    Should be an easy implementation since they have the procedure already built into the company.

On my celebrity cruises in last few years you couldn’t access your cabin/suite until about  1 pm. I do love lots of things about Celebrity, love getting a glass of champagne or sparkling wine when you board the ship. They have a great suite restaurant and suite lounge much nicer than rccl. 

• Like 1

A better solo cruisers program.  NCL has this NAILED on the -Away (and -Away+) class ships at a minimum with the dedicated Studio lounge and daily meet-up before dinner.  They also assign a staff member as the solo host to help organize events, schedule group activities and get the group to the MDR and seated together for dinner.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

- Instant savings and OBC offers combinable with the balcony discount.

- Military discount or OBC offered on every cruise.

- Leftover FCC converted to OBC

- Final payment  moved to 30 days prior to sailing until sailings resume

Yes, make final payment due 30 days prior to sailing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Have South American / Antarctica cruises again i.e. Santiago Chile to Buenos Aires or Rio - like Celebrity or HAL. 

This! (NCL does them too)

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

2. Guys burgers and guys bbq like carnival. I really like carnivals lunch options.

plus a good Mexican option like Blue Iguana. Carnival wins on poolside food.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

Schedule cruises that go from coast to coast through the Panama Canal.

We’ve done it three times. San Diego to Ft Lauderdale, on Norwegian Sun in 2006. L.A. to Ft Lauderdale, on Sun Princess, in 2007. San Diego to Miami, on Serenade of the Seas, in 2009.

4 hours ago, pcur said:
  1. Start cruising from the West Coast again.
  2. Have refundable deposits like Princess cruises.
  3. Have longer itineraries like Princess and HAL.

Celebrity just opened up new 7 or 8 night Mexican Riviera sailings for Fall 2022 and 15 night Panama Canal Christmas sailing December 2022 out of Los Angeles on the Millennium.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/2022-2023-cruises/2022-mexican-riviera-cruises?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_23236381&rid=143802192&mes=Celebrity Mexican Riviera & Panama 2021 AM JAN 14 2021 EM&emsc=CCC_ELT_NLX_NAN_L_USA_CA_1_WEB&empf=U&emct=E&lnkid=HERO_CTA