Cruise with/without a mask

antsp

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

The old "Works for me so it must work for everyone else" statement that always is proven wrong.

No.

The poster I quoted said they "could not breath(e)" sitting in a chair with a mask on.

I commented, and others commented, that person needs to see a physician.  That is the whole context.  If you are sitting in a chair and can't breathe because of a one ounce mask, you have major health issues, physical or psychological. 

Or are faking. 

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 7

Maybe someone more cruise versed then I may ever be can answer this question : If cruising on a ship that is visiting Asian ports and embarking and disembarking in Asian lands , ie places it was common to wear masks before it was standard protocol worldwide; did the passengers onboard who were from these Asian countries wear masks on the cruise ship as standard practice. I have traveled to asia but never on a cuise and it was very common to see mask wearing WAY before covid. 

1 hour ago, charlie murphy said:

Maybe someone more cruise versed then I may ever be can answer this question : If cruising on a ship that is visiting Asian ports and embarking and disembarking in Asian lands , ie places it was common to wear masks before it was standard protocol worldwide; did the passengers onboard who were from these Asian countries wear masks on the cruise ship as standard practice. I have traveled to asia but never on a cuise and it was very common to see mask wearing WAY before covid. 

The couple of Asia cruises we have done it did not seem like mask wearing was common on the ship.  In some ports masks were notably visible but again I think this is more acceptable there as a way to prevent disease spread in general and protect oneself.  I remember in a couple of ports that the local authorities used infra-red scanners to check for temperatures and if you registered a temperature the local authorities would not let you disembark.  It was really the first time I had seen that type of technology.

9 hours ago, charlie murphy said:

Maybe someone more cruise versed then I may ever be can answer this question : If cruising on a ship that is visiting Asian ports and embarking and disembarking in Asian lands , ie places it was common to wear masks before it was standard protocol worldwide; did the passengers onboard who were from these Asian countries wear masks on the cruise ship as standard practice?

I have seen a few, but not many.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:45 AM, ECCruise said:

Sincerely, I would consult a physician. 

If, with my age and serious respiratory medical issues, I can wear a mask during pretty extensive physical exertion, If you cannot breath(e) sitting doing nothing, there may be underlying respiratory issues.  I would have it checked out.  

That's incredibly condescending of you.

I'm sure the poster has consulted with their physician.  Your experience does not mean that it's universal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

That's incredibly condescending of you.

I'm sure the poster has consulted with their physician.  Your experience does not mean that it's universal.

That is incredibly rude of you. And pretty assumptive that they have "consulted with their physician."

I was giving advice that has been thoroughly documented by pulmonologists and medical professionals worldwide. It is not "my experience."  If you "cannot breathe" while sitting doing nothing and wearing a mask, you have either respiratory or psychological problems (e.g., claustrophobia) and should be examined.   

• Like 5

It is interesting to see the differing opinions, and the justifiction for the belief. It is a very personal decision for everyone. I say to each their own and where your (or my) rights end, mine ( or yours)  begin.  I appreciate the poster saying that they would not return to cruising until masks are remove ( not mandated) : "No because a cruise should be a relaxing vacation. Wearing a mask and keeping distance is somewhat stressful and not relaxing." 

I would say the flip side of that would be the person willing to return to cruising with masking and not feeling comfortable because people are not wearing masks or socally distancting on board. That would be stessful and not relaxing for them.  IF the person who is not comfortable without a masks waits and the person who is comfortable returns to cruising then that eliminates conflict AND i think we all aggree that  not being stressed and being able to relax is what a vaction is all about.  I hope that whatever the future brings us we can all respect the rules and regualations that are imparted on us and more importently one another. 

• Like 3

We are obviously all cruisers here.  We love cruising.  My attitude toward whatever negative things might occur during a cruise (bad weather, cancellation of ports, unruly customers, even bad food), has always been that I refuse to let it ruin my cruise.  My vacation.  I’d still rather be on a cruise ship then sitting in my office.  

Would I like to be able to cruise without wearing a mask?  Of course.  But that is not the world we are living in right now.   I’d still much rather be on a cruise ship wearing a mask, then in my office without it.  

• Like 7

On 2/11/2021 at 2:09 PM, ECCruise said:

No.

The poster I quoted said they "could not breath(e)" sitting in a chair with a mask on.

I commented, and others commented, that person needs to see a physician.  That is the whole context.  If you are sitting in a chair and can't breathe because of a one ounce mask, you have major health issues, physical or psychological. 

Or are faking. 

In your non medical opinion which means what??? Nothing!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, letherrip said:

No because a cruise should be a relaxing vacation. Wearing a mask and keeping distance is somewhat stressful and not relaxing.

A vacation on land should also be relaxing. But if staying at and land resort or hotel these days, wearing a mask and social distancing are also still important and in many jurisdictions mandatory.

About the only vacation I can think of that would not having these restrictions is camping in a remote area where you are unlikely to come into contact with strangers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Potstech said:

In your non medical opinion which means what??? Nothing!!!

That opinion comes from medical professionals such as Pulmonologists

Masks and physical activity

Masks and exercise

And my comment was for someone sitting down and doing absolutely nothing.

You really do not need to follow me around and comment on my posts.  All I said was, as an respiratory disease patient:

If you cannot breath(e) sitting doing nothing, there may be underlying respiratory issues.  I would have it checked out.  

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

That opinion comes from medical professionals such as Pulmonologists

Masks and physical activity

Masks and exercise

And my comment was for someone sitting down and doing absolutely nothing.

You really do not need to follow me around and comment on my posts.  All I said was, as an respiratory disease patient:

If you cannot breath(e) sitting doing nothing, there may be underlying respiratory issues.  I would have it checked out.  

Correct on underlying conditions but according to your non medical opinion they should still be able to excersize with a mask on. No one is "following"  you around.  As to commenting on your posts that is what happens in an open public forum.

By the way how do you know they have not had it checked out and approved by a "medical doctor" trained on this subject?  I will not wear a mask will working out which Ido several times a week at a fitness center. And it is according to their posted rules by CDC and health department guideline.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Correct on underlying conditions but according to your non medical opinion they should still be able to excersize with a mask on. No one is "following"  you around.  As to commenting on your posts that is what happens in an open public forum.

By the way how do you know they have not had it checked out and approved by a "medical doctor" trained on this subject?  I will not wear a mask will working out which Ido several times a week at a fitness center. And it is according to their posted rules by CDC and health department guideline.

Maybe take a walk around Chesterfield Town Center and cool off.   

You are totally twisting my words and citing things I never said.  I never said they should be able to exercise with a mask on.  I said they should be able to sit doing absolutely nothing with a mask on and be able to breathe. You are assuming that they have seen a doctor.  I only suggested seeing one if you "cannot breathe" while sitting in a chair. 

Edited by ECCruise