Can they bump me out of 3 per cabin

norcalal

1 hour ago, norcalal said:

I booked Liberty for jan 2022, a cor aft that was booked for three people. The third person cannot make it.

If I remove their name, can they relocate me to a two person balcony?

Yes they can and when they move you to a double occupancy cabin they can reprice it at today’s rates.

as Biker suggested just have the third person be a no show and get back the port fees and taxes depending on how bad you want to keep the cabin or how the current prices are.  Your other  option is to find a different third person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes they can and when they move you to a double occupancy cabin they can reprice it at today’s rates.

as Biker suggested just have the third person be a no show and get back the port fees and taxes depending on how bad you want to keep the cabin or how the current prices are.  Your other  option is to find a different third person. 

Wow, I knew they could move you, but I didn’t know they would reprice you also. If I lost my coveted aft corner and got repriced to a higher rate that would be the last cruise I took with them. Definitely have the third person as a no show. Some of those aft balconies are worth the price. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATC cruiser said:

If I lost my coveted aft corner and got repriced to a higher rate that would be the last cruise I took with them.

If they moved you and you don't do anything, you wouldn't get repriced. It's calling for KSF, or some other meaningful change that may trigger a reprice.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If they moved you and you don't do anything, you wouldn't get repriced. It's calling for KSF, or some other meaningful change that may trigger a reprice.

I’ve been told on more than one occasion that if I call to cancel a third guest that the cabin will be repriced as you are now moving to a different category.  Of course with Royal you can always expect different experiences.

I agree with those who recommend doing NOTHING (unless it is to replace the third person with a different third person) and then having the third person be a no-show.  While you will not get the cruise fare back for that person, you will get taxes, ports fees and gratuities (if they have been prepaid) back and you will not lose your cabin.  By far the best option.

• Like 2

Is there another after corner in the same category you can move to? I have a 2 person cabin, but I do read those on lower decks have a larger balcony. 

Seems like you might be stuck with a invisible pax to keep your great cabin. I want to keep mine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Is there another after corner in the same category you can move to? I have a 2 person cabin, but I do read those on lower decks have a larger balcony. 

Seems like you might be stuck with a invisible pax to keep your great cabin. I want to keep mine.

If it’s the same category then it still sleeps more than 2 guests which is the issue. 

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If it’s the same category then it still sleeps more than 2 guests which is the issue. 

Oh yea I forget rcl categories are by double occupany or more. I guess just watch prices and if they drop and a corner aft open he can move. That makes it harder.

• Like 1

The minimum occupancy can vary with those corner afts...it doesn't always apply with every ship/date and itinerary. We actually have a 2 bdrm 2 bath Oceanview Panoramic Suite on Freedom and were able to book it with only 2 people.

• Like 1

Just now, Ashland said:

The minimum occupancy can vary with those corner afts...it doesn't always apply with every ship/date and itinerary. We actually have a 2 bdrm 2 bath Oceanview Panoramic Suite on Freedom and were able to book it with only 2 people.

Surprisingly Royal is a lot less restrictive with the occupancy requirements now for suites than they are for the Quad cabins.  I guess they just want to make sure the suites at least get booked as it’s the first 2 guests that are paying the big bucks while 3rd and  4th rate is negligible in the grand scheme of things for suites. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

raises hand 🤚

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2