The Daily for Tuesday Feb 9, 2021

richwmn

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I got the chest x-ray this afternoon, so the  only thing I have left to do is the echocardiogram tomorrow and then wait for all the results.

Roger did well in his second surgery.  He called this afternoon and was not happy but indicated today's surgery was on a different part of his spine which has given him trouble for years.  I get somewhat different versions from him, his daughter and his significant other who does not get along with his daughter.  Definitely not an ideal situation.

Roy

I'm hoping for the best results for your tests, Roy.  What you said about your brother made me chuckle, especially the underlined (my underlining) part - it sounds like he could have been celebrating Curmudgeon Day a short while ago.  Hopefully he'll listen to the doctors and therapists as they help him with his recuperation.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 10

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful place to "chat", learn new things, and know what day we are honoring!  Happy for the two Mother's with good health news.  Sure it will still be a long recovery for both!  @rafinmd, wishing the best for both you and your brother!

Cloudy, cool day here.  But our cool pales in comparison to the Canadian cold!  If I didn't have three of my step-children in the same town, I would be in Florida in a heartbeat!  Since DH and I never had children, this is my family, and they want me here!

I have called my PCC to try to make a change in my "scheduled" cruise.  Found something I like much better.  Still no call back.  I also emailed him some time ago and haven't heard back, so wonder if he is still working for HAL.  Will work on that more tomorrow!

Have a great evening, everyone.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, kazu said:

@Sharon in AZthat is great news on your mother - so happy to hear it 😀 ♥️ 

Must be good news on mothers’ day.  My BIL’s mother sat up for the first time (with help) in a month.  Today a physio is helping her to move her legs.  She’s had a tough battle with covid and I hope this means she is turning the corner 🤞 Who would think you would get excited seeing a video of a woman lifting her leg?

🌺 Jacqui I am so happy your BIL’s mother was able with help to sit up today!! It is the small achievements like this that have a great impact on recovery!! You have gone through so much this past year!! 💐🌸🌼🌻Looking forward to your beautiful backyard this spring with all your photos!

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Great news!!  My mother is being released from the hospital today!  I still won’t be able to see her but at least she’ll have her hearing aides and her transcription phone so it’ll be easier to talk. 

🌺Sharon, I am so pleased of your mother being able to be released! GOD BLESS her! Being able for her to hear you on the phone is so rewarding. I lost my mom so young when she passed at 59! 
🌴🌴I want to relax And enjoy the day. It was so exhilarating today! Everyone so great full and vaccines went smoothly. Long day. David is baking a Greek Chicken with a feta salad ! I am a happy camper!

🌺 Tonight to all I will raise a glass of wine and toast to my CC family!  “TO OUR HEALTH, TO OUR FAMILIES, AND TO OUR LOVE OF CRUISING IN OUR FUTURE!👍

Denise😊

• Like 15

Thanks for the daily reports, photos and humour.

@rafinmd hope you recieve good news from all your tests, and that your brother soon recovers from the second surgery.

It's another wet cool day, unusual for us to have heating on in February.

Stay well and safe everyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

National Pizza Day! And since it is $10 Tuesday, we'll be heading to Papa Murphy's and stop to visit the "grand kitties" on the way home. 

Resized_20210207_174137a.jpg.2b6b99880d3d8d5412f1c6dd4a644bd8.jpg

Thanks for sharing this photo of your "grandkitties", very cute.

• Like 6

Just had a chance to read today’s posts. I spent most of the day at the hospital as I had a lumpectomy and also had 3 lymph nodes removed. It was a very trying day but your posts here have brightened what is left of this day. I will know in about a week how much radiation I will need. So far chemo is not indicated. So, you will all be keeping me entertained and upbeat for the next several days as I behave myself after my surgery. Thanks all.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That pizza looks so, so good!  Wouldn't you love to have some of that for dinner tonight?

I remembered some pizza we ordered in Amalfi at a cute little cafe when on the Grand Med and Africa cruise on Prinsendam in spring of 2018.   Mine had artichokes on it and I can't remember what DH had on his.  They told us they were smaller and we each ordered our own.  Needless to say it was way more than the two of us could eat!  enhance

St Louis!!! There you are. So happy to see you! Hoping all is good. Thinking of you all the time!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I got the chest x-ray this afternoon, so the  only thing I have left to do is the echocardiogram tomorrow and then wait for all the results.

Roger did well in his second surgery.  He called this afternoon and was not happy but indicated today's surgery was on a different part of his spine which has given him trouble for years.  I get somewhat different versions from him, his daughter and his significant other who does not get along with his daughter.  Definitely not an ideal situation.

Roy

Roy I was so hoping Roger would wake up to what's going on. We can only hope and pray so much for him. It's time he accepts his fate. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺 Jacqui I am so happy your BIL’s mother was able with help to sit up today!! It is the small achievements like this that have a great impact on recovery!! You have gone through so much this past year!! 💐🌸🌼🌻Looking forward to your beautiful backyard this spring with all your photos!

🌺Sharon, I am so pleased of your mother being able to be released! GOD BLESS her! Being able for her to hear you on the phone is so rewarding. I lost my mom so young when she passed at 59! 
🌴🌴I want to relax And enjoy the day. It was so exhilarating today! Everyone so great full and vaccines went smoothly. Long day. David is baking a Greek Chicken with a feta salad ! I am a happy camper!

🌺 Tonight to all I will raise a glass of wine and toast to my CC family!  “TO OUR HEALTH, TO OUR FAMILIES, AND TO OUR LOVE OF CRUISING IN OUR FUTURE!👍

Denise😊

Thank you for giving Denise.  You will have wings awaiting you in Heaven.  Love you sister mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, superoma said:

Just had a chance to read today’s posts. I spent most of the day at the hospital as I had a lumpectomy and also had 3 lymph nodes removed. It was a very trying day but your posts here have brightened what is left of this day. I will know in about a week how much radiation I will need. So far chemo is not indicated. So, you will all be keeping me entertained and upbeat for the next several days as I behave myself after my surgery. Thanks all.

Prayers for your full and rapid recovery. Hoping you can avoid chemo. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, superoma said:

Our best wishes for a quick recovery and a happy and healthy outcome.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Thinking of you, and hoping for no chemo, minimal radiation, a swift recovery and a cruise to follow!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Hugs all goes well,  the rads is tiring, but glad you don’t need chemo.  Sending good thoughts and prayers! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, superoma said:

Sorry that you had such a difficult day, hope that you have a comfortable night, that you will  soon recieve the results, and not need many doses of radiotherapy.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, superoma said:

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. 😢 Prayers that you will not need much radiotherapy and you can recover quickly.

• Like 2