Will you cruise if vaccination is mandatory in order to board?

Thrak

I see a lot of discussion regarding whether or not folks will cruise if masks are required. I wonder how many will refuse to cruise if vaccination is mandatory.  My wife and I are waiting for our second dose so we have no issue with this "possible" requirement. (We obviously don't know if this will ever be a requirement.) What is your view? As with the thread on masks, I'm just looking for a YES or NO answer.

Will you cruise if vaccination is mandatory in order to board?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I will cruise if vaccination is mandatory and/or if masks are required.  My family plans to all get vaccinated as soon as we can.  

The mask wearing is something we have all been doing for almost a year.  I have gotten used to it.  Plus, bonus it keeps my face warm in the cold. 😉 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

My question is: Will you cruise if they don't require a vaccination?

Sorry, Thrak, but Daniel A's question requires a longer answer.

Why would I (or you) care if the cruise line does NOT require a vaccination?  If I have been vaccinated (both doses), I am 95%+ protected.  If others are not vaccinated, it makes no difference to me -- let them court the illness, I am reasonably safe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike45LC said:

Why would I (or you) care if the cruise line does NOT require a vaccination?  If I have been vaccinated (both doses), I am 95%+ protected.  If others are not vaccinated, it makes no difference to me -- let them court the illness, I am reasonably safe.

I would care if those who aren't vaccinated caused the cruise to be cut short or the ship to be quarantined.

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I agree with the safety part, but I don't trust that they wouldn't have an outbreak and quarantine everyone.  I do not want to be trapped in my room with limited food/drink.

• Like 4

YES - we've had both doses - the 2nd last Friday 2/15

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Yes - My question is: Will you cruise if they don't require a vaccination?

I would prefer mandatory vaccinations ... but ... I'm not sure at this point if that would prevent us from cruising 

maybe depending on the protocols if a positive Covid-19 is found onboard

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Two main concerns for me.  I don't want my cruise cut short because of a Covid illness that requires a return to the original point of departure, get dumped off the ship early with no place to stay.  I also don't want to wear a mask for a week or more just to make some antivaxxers comfortable.

Additionally, I don't want to have to subsidize onboard ICU's in case an antivaxxer gets ill.

• Like 17

I think a vaccine should be mandatory. The safer the better. I have recovered from Covid-19 and it's something you don't want to get!! I'm getting my first shot in March and the second a few weeks after. No fools should be allowed aboard, IMO!

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:

I think a vaccine should be mandatory. The safer the better. I have recovered from Covid-19 and it's something you don't want to get!! I'm getting my first shot in March and the second a few weeks after. No fools should be allowed aboard, IMO!

I am so glad you recovered.  Meet me someday onboard and I'll buy you a cocktail!  🍻