Cruising Without Masks?

I was at the doctors yesterday and all their employees are wearing goggles. I said I heard that wearing glasses you are 3 times less likely to catch covid or some such. She said yes that's why they wear goggles.

I think it's interesting that everyone is so focused on mask wearing, any kind of mask. But have you heard the cdc say wear some kind of glasses? Not that I listen much to them, but if it was such a big help not getting covid you would think someone besides my moms doctors office would be wearing something over their eyes.

Follow the science lol. 

PS the biggest reason they think glasses helped was because people who wear glasses are less likely to touch or rub their eyes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think it's interesting that everyone is so focused on mask wearing, any kind of mask. But have you heard the cdc say wear some kind of glasses? Not that I listen much to them, but if it was such a big help not getting covid you would think someone besides my moms doctors office would be wearing something over their eyes

You asked a question, I answered it. 

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was at the doctors yesterday and all their employees are wearing goggles. I said I heard that wearing glasses you are 3 times less likely to catch covid or some such. She said yes that's why they wear goggles.

I think it's interesting that everyone is so focused on mask wearing, any kind of mask. But have you heard the cdc say wear some kind of glasses? Not that I listen much to them, but if it was such a big help not getting covid you would think someone besides my moms doctors office would be wearing something over their eyes.

Follow the science lol. 

PS the biggest reason they think glasses helped was because people who wear glasses are less likely to touch or rub their eyes.

goggles with the mask or a face shield with the mask is mandatory in my job as a nurse.  It's my agency's mandatory policy now. Plus I have both doses of moderna vaccine.  I feel pretty protected!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Follow the science lol. 

The CDC has indeed called out the benefits of goggles/face shields.  This is not new.  No one has been covering up this information. 

Guidelines have focused more on encouraging frequent hand washing and avoiding touching one's face to address transmission through eye membranes rather than via pushing goggles/glasses, but this info has been readily available in the public domain. 

In reality, masks, goggles, glasses, handwashing/sanitizing....all help...the more the merrier.  Having said that, the heavy hitters for controlling the spread are distancing, masks, handwashing....so that's where most of the widespread messaging is focused.

1 hour ago, PMGS247 said:

The CDC has indeed called out the benefits of goggles/face shields.  This is not new.  No one has been covering up this information. 

Guidelines have focused more on encouraging frequent hand washing and avoiding touching one's face to address transmission through eye membranes rather than via pushing goggles/glasses, but this info has been readily available in the public domain. 

In reality, masks, goggles, glasses, handwashing/sanitizing....all help...the more the merrier.  Having said that, the heavy hitters for controlling the spread are distancing, masks, handwashing....so that's where most of the widespread messaging is focused.

I did NOT say they covered up the information. Show me the thread here about it, if it's being talked about as much as making for sure it must have it's own thread.

I said it is not equally emphasised. If I missed it, where is the thread about it, I only see vaccines and masks being discussed, not this as being EQUALLY important. I turn on my tv, it's all arguments about masks, no one about wearing eye covering. It would be equally on my tv with mask wearing if equal emphasis was on it. I didnt say it doesnt exist, I said the doctors office did it. I did not say it was unknown. So dont forget to find the thread here on it if it's so important. 

Funny, I wouldn't seek medical advice from an financial guy anymore than I would seek investment  advice from a doctor.

But I've been known to seek legal advice at my local tavern. Some of the regulars there seem to have - how shall we say - first hand knowledge of the inner workings of legal system. 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Here's how well masks have worked

2 takeaways from this:

8X% is not sufficient mask compliance

People don't listen when you tell them not to travel and gather for the holidays

• Like 1

over 40% of 80 year olds admitted to breaking lockdown rules after getting the vaccine. Thats the ones that admit it....

HAHAHA

Rebels.... good luck getting anyone to follow any stupid rules once you have a vaccine. I know ill be following NO RULES. 

If you dont like it. then get out of my way and hide in your house.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I did NOT say they covered up the information. Show me the thread here about it, if it's being talked about as much as making for sure it must have it's own thread.

I said it is not equally emphasised. If I missed it, where is the thread about it, I only see vaccines and masks being discussed, not this as being EQUALLY important. I turn on my tv, it's all arguments about masks, no one about wearing eye covering. It would be equally on my tv with mask wearing if equal emphasis was on it. I didnt say it doesnt exist, I said the doctors office did it. I did not say it was unknown. So dont forget to find the thread here on it if it's so important. 

Exactly. I listened to the WH Coronavirus task force briefings last year. All I remember was masks, masks, masks, plus handwashing and social distancing. I don't recall them ever talking about goggles. (maybe they did, but nowhere near as much as masks and face coverings. Not even close.)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

over 40% of 80 year olds admitted to breaking lockdown rules after getting the vaccine. Thats the ones that admit it....

HAHAHA

Rebels.... good luck getting anyone to follow any stupid rules once you have a vaccine. I know ill be following NO RULES. 

If you dont like it. then get out of my way and hide in your house.

20210305_133606070.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 2:28 PM, handbellplayer said:

I would love to boo a cruise for late 2021 or early 2022.  DH says we will not book a cruise until we are sure we can cruise without masks. Best guesses as to when that will be? Not that it's relevant to the question, but we are both receiving our second vaccine a week from today.

As a medical provider I can tell you it will be awhile before CDC says no masks.  I would bet 2023 or beyond.   Maybe never but for sure no time soon.

1 minute ago, Nursejointvwh said:

As a medical provider I can tell you it will be awhile before CDC says no masks.  I would bet 2023 or beyond.   Maybe never but for sure no time soon.

The CDC can say what it wants.  What happens in real life might be slightly different.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

2 takeaways from this:

8X% is not sufficient mask compliance

People don't listen when you tell them not to travel and gather for the holidays

What are you talking about?! The increase started going up prior to Thanksgiving and Xmas.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nursejointvwh said:

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

The CDC can say what it wants.  What happens in real life might be slightly different.  

The CDC can flex its muscles only until the general population decides it has had enough. Then political pressure will put it in its place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Keep this in mind if masks are required, and the lines don't enforce it. You'll be home whining again about not cruising.

I won't be cruising as long as masks are required.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nursejointvwh said:

Masks forever? I agree,... however, ONLY... instead of underwear... I cannot “wear” both, I need some breathing room, you know...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The CDC can flex its muscles only until the general population decides it has had enough. Then political pressure will put it in its place.

Why such animus towards an organization simply following its mandate?

• Like 2