The Daily for Tuesday Mar 09, 2021

richwmn

Today is Amrigo Vespucci Day, Barbie Day, and Organize Your Home Office Day

"Every time I think I know where it's at, they move it.

Meal suggestion for today - Pork Roast with Herb Rub

Drink of the Day - Boozy Butterbeer Punch

Wine of the day - CVNE 2017 Monopole Clásico Viura (Rioja) Northern Spain

Port of the Day - Kota Kinabalu Sabahlaem Malaysia

At Sea Pacific
Noordam Destination Los Angelas eta 3/13
Westerdam Destination La Paz MX
Zuiderdam Destination La Paz MX eta 3/11

La Paz MX
Koningsdam Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam Anchorage

Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Torquay UK
Eurodam Anchorage
Oosterdam Anchorage
Volendam Anchorage
Zaandam Anchorage

0309World.thumb.png.f8a3eb0a96ae2074fac9c7fd166d5efe.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone.

The arm is quite sore this morning, but other than a sleepless night, I'm doing well.  For some reason I just could not sleep last night.  

@rafinmdI hope all goes well for you today and that you don't have to wait too long to get the results.  But, the longer you wait for the doctor to call, the less urgent the situation.  

There are two recipes for Roast Pork with Herb Rub.  I'm posting both and the pictures go in order of the links.  

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/herb-rubbed-pork-roast/

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/herb-rubbed-pork-loin/

Pork Roast with Herb Rub.jpg

Herb-Rubbed-Pork-Loin_exps47068_THCA1917912A10_02_1bC_RMS.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good Tuesday morning.

Thanks for the Daily.

I remember playing with Barbie dolls.  Trivia for today - Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.

A salute to Vespucci.  My office is as organized as it's going to be.

Love that quote.  It's the story of my life.😉

The meal suggestion sounds good.

Looking forward to reading about the wine and the drink of the day.

I have not been to Malaysia, so I will be happy to read about other people's adventures there.

Sending prayers for all, and an extra one for @rafinmd

Stay safe.

Edited by puppycanducruise
  • Like 20

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  Here's a salute to Amerigo Vespucci; I'll pass on the other 2 days.  An interesting anonymous quote.  I visited Kota Kinabalu 7 years ago yesterday; it was on Crystal Symphony on a string of cruises that continued to the Crystal Serenity and Amsterdam.  I'll try to post something on it when I return from the hospital.  The meal sounds quite nice.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Yankee Pot Roast, and Cherry Strudel as served on MS Prinsendam March 9, 2019.

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/dishes09.jpg

Today's care list:

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

myself facing cardiac surgery

NextOne DH in rehab and facing chemo

Victor’s wife

Cunnorl and family with exposures to Covid

Mamaofami and DH

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

cunnorl’s MIL delivering planes

Second jabs for cat shepard and Dfish

A jab and a new grandson for Crabbi Patti

This community for 51 weeks

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  My sister still collects Barbie Dolls and I've given up on organizing my home office.  I think the grocery stores believe in the quote, it seems to change weekly.  Both meals sound wonderful.  Good luck today Roy.  Toasts and prayers for our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  Things are getting better.

Boozy Butterbeer Punch:

Ingredients
1½ oz butterscotch syrup (recipe follows)
1½ oz dark aged rum
½ oz butterscotch liqueur
1 cup non alcoholic sparkling apple cider, cold
Whipped cream (optional)
Instructions
In the bottom of a small mug, mix together the butterscotch syrup, rum and liqueur
Add one cup of sparkling non alcoholic cider
The butterbeer will foam up naturally, but if desired, you can top it with whipped cream. Butterscotch Sauce Recipe

2 cups sugar
1 cup water
4 TB salted butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup hot water

INSTRUCTIONS:
In a tall sauce pot, combine sugar, the first cup of water and butter.
Turn on heat to medium low and stir until sugar melts.
Once the sugar has melted, stop stirring and turn up the heat to medium high.
Bring to a boil, swirling the pan to keep the mixture moving.
If needed, use a wet pastry brush to wash down crystals that form on the side of the pan.
Cook until the mixture is golden brown and caramelized, making sure to pull it off the heat before it burns.
Add the baking soda and stir it in (the mixture will bubble up).
Slowly pour in remaining hot water and stir until smooth.
If the mixture separates when the water is added, reheat it over low heat and stir until any sugar clumps melt.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 7.05.02 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Thanks for the Daily, Rich.

Thanks as always for the lists, Roy, and know that we too are praying for you today.

Thanks to all who make this a community.

Stay safe and healthy and have a great day!

Lori & George

• Like 18

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 😄 

Amerigo Vespucci was a truth seeker and it was he that proved that the Americas were not part of China.  As a result, the American continents are named for him.  

Barbies have been loved for decades. Looks like I celebrated the “organize your home office” early as I did a major update last month.

Love the quote - it seems to be more and more true these days.

Meal sounds good but we had pork last night and since my little market had prime rib on sale yesterday that’s on the menu tonight 😉 

I KNOW DH would like the wine of the day.

@rafinmdgood luck today.  Hope the scan gives the results you and your doctor want to hear 🤞 

Well, there might be snow on the ground but I decided to try to expand & grow different seeds this year.  Some are annuals and some perennials & 4 varieties of 🌶.

My sunny windows are all full - here is one of them:

530BAB04-7909-49B7-8867-445E7024B774.thumb.jpeg.fdbc5c1879b2cc6ffddf25a04c649611.jpeg

They are at different stages as some seeds had to be planted very early and others just done.

D4334BEA-77A6-468E-8E68-288B00D6BCF3.thumb.jpeg.e42a836a98c6cb256d8213881c6acfe4.jpeg

Bring on SPRING!!!!

Prayers for everyone Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and a big 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 31

Good  morning everyone. Thanks  for  the  lists  and meal  suggestions. I  remember  having  one  Barbie  growing  up. Both  of  my  brothers  were  responsible  for decreasing  from  her  "beauty". My  granddaughter  has  several  with  numerous  outfits  and  those  silly  shoes. She  told  me  once  that  my  Barbie  must  have  been  lonely  without  her  other  "selves". I  later  discovered  her  twin  brother  drew  tattoos  on  one  of  her  dolls. Some  things  never  change  with  brothers  and  sisters!

Terry

• Like 18
  • Haha 3

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 Crystal Symphony/Crystal Serenity/Amsterdam series, Bali-Singapore-Cape Town-Ft. Lauderdale.  On March 9 Crystal Symphony was in Brunei:

dawn0309.jpg

Roy

• Like 27

My tentative schedule for today:

Leave home about 10:30.  I have 2 appointments, one at 12:30 with a surgical team member, and a CT scan at 2:20.  I also need to get some blood drawn.  I should be at the hospital about 11:15 and do the lab work first, then the surgical team, and finally the CT scan.  I will be be stopping for groceries and then at Panera for take out on the way home so it will likely be almost dinner time when I get to post.  I do not expect any dramatic news today but if there is something I will relay a message to Kazu.

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I had to look up Amerigo Vespucci - and now I know who he is.  I never had a Barbie doll; we lived in a small town with limited resources, so I had a smaller version called "Debbie"; kind of like a red haired petite sized Barbie.  DH is in the process of organizing our home office, and I'm in the process of trying to find where he put everything!

We had pork the other day, so I think it's time to change it up a bit.  We've got a snowy day ahead of us, so I'm going to put on a pot of soup and make a batch of buns.  That's what will be on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

I'm delighted to see more and more people getting their jabs - our province has received some doses; hopefully DH will be on the list to get his soon.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers and hugs for @rafinmd for a positive outcome from your CT scan today.  We'll raise our wine glasses in celebration of all those on the happy list tonight.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your mask(s).

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 28

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A wild combo of days. Cheers to Amerigo! My home office is actually very organized, it is where I store all my papers that I need to tackle once a month, or it becomes overwhelming. I played with Barbies, but was more of an outside kid. 

Thinking if you today, Roy! Hope your test confirms you are a candidate for the less invasive surgery. Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Sit down, because today we have a white Rioja! I know!

Love the quote. The meal sounds amazing. Not sure about the drink. It sounds great, but might be too sweet for me. Today is another gorgeous day here, and the wind has finally died down. We had gusts of 41 mph over the past couple of days, and it made walking the dogs challenging. No pics of Emma.  Will try again today. It was a bit crazy on my street yesterday. It seemed as if everyone was having some work done.  

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!  Stay well everyone!

All released vintages of this buttery & complex white Rioja share similar excellent ratings. I found several online distributors with prices starting around $19 - so you might find it at a lower price. I used the review from the latest released vintage. 

Winemaker Notes

Bright pale yellow in color with green hints at the rim. The nose shows aromas reminiscent of spring flowers and white fruits such as pear, apple and white currant. The palate is silky and pleasing due to perfect balance between structure and acidity. The finish is long, fresh and youthful, providing a white that is a perfect match with fish, seafood and fish-based rice dishes.

JS92 James Suckling: Sliced lemon with some salty, stone and apple undertones. It’s medium-bodied with lovely fruit and a fresh, creamy finish. Drink now.

RP90 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate: The regular white 2019 Monopole, a brand they registered in 1915, is pure Viura produced in a clean and precise style, fermenting in stainless steel at a low temperature to keep very primary aromas. They want it to be a classical white from Rioja but young and unoaked, not like the style they created in the 1980s, because in the past it was the Clásico, with oak (and Manzanilla), whereas in 2019, the wine has a clean and fruit-driven nose, reflecting a very healthy harvest. The finish is very serious, dry and chalky with a salty twist. It's austere and has good acidity. It's very easy to drink now and should age, but not in the same graceful style as the Clásico; it has the spirit of the Clásico but in a young style. This overdelivers.

• Like 24

35 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Leave home about 10:30.  I have 2 appointments, one at 12:30 with a surgical team member, and a CT scan at 2:20.  I also need to get some blood drawn.  I should be at the hospital about 11:15 and do the lab work first, then the surgical team, and finally the CT scan.  I will be be stopping for groceries and then at Panera for take out on the way home so it will likely be almost dinner time when I get to post.  I do not expect any dramatic news today but if there is something I will relay a message to Kazu.

Roy

Best wishes for everything to go smoothly, Roy 🤞 🙏🏻 

You will deserve that stop at Panera when you are finished today. 👍 

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Hope all goes well. Will be thinking of you as your day progresses 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good luck this morning, Roy, at your appointment.  It sounds like a busy but productive day.  I hope the results are encouraging and positive.

Today's port is one I've never heard of so it will be interesting to see if one of us here has been there before.  I'm sure all will want to see some photos too if possible.

We're going to walk outside again today as soon as DH has his coffee break.  Have a great day everyone!🚶‍♀️

• Like 17