Royal Cancels MAY sailings in US

17 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

It may get cancelled. Problem is they have flights they have to use or lose a huge sum of money. Its a right mess to be honest and royals lack of commitment to a start date or cancelling until the 11th hour has caused extra costs and losses. 

They are not due to sail till August so maybe summer will change things with the vaccine roll out in the UK being so fast. 

You will need all the Europe countries to have the same vaccine roll out rate and also the variants are not going to get worse. Vaccine also take about a month to kick in with 2 doses. So, that is about 2 months if you take the first shot today. Then, test cruise, then low capacity cruise. That is why Princess and HAL and P&O cancel until Sept because it is more logically. I am pretty sure RCI knows all these but they are treating the deposit as their money.

I started to think majority of RCI customers are Americans and they cannot do what Princess does which the cruise line is based in U.K.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jmhlin said:

You will need all the Europe countries to have the same vaccine roll out rate and also the variants are not going to get worse. Vaccine also take about a month to kick in with 2 doses. So, that is about 2 months if you take the first shot today. Then, test cruise, then low capacity cruise. That is why Princess and HAL and P&O cancel until Sept because it is more logically. I am pretty sure RCI knows all these but they are treating the deposit as their money.

I started to think majority of RCI customers are Americans and they cannot do what Princess does which the cruise line is based in U.K.

You could be right. Ive given up guessing to a degree. 

In theory though a single vaccine and a negative test would be enough which means everyone in the UK from May. Vaccines work within 2 weeks but increase in strength over the next 12. 

In theory that would be fine and safe, the issue is staff and how slow things get implemented. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

As the original thread with all the helpful informative cancellation information on disappeared, can someone kindly paste the text of the email with the options please as have not yet received mine yet!  TIA.

Dear valued Travel Partners,

As we eagerly plan for our healthy and safe return to service, Royal Caribbean® wants to make planning your client’s next cruise vacation as stress-free as possible, so we are extending our very popular Cruise with Confidence program! Your clients can be reassured that when they book on or before May 31, 2021 for a sailing departing through April 30, 2022, they can cancel up to 48-hours prior to the sail date in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit. Plus, under our Cruise with Confidence program, your clients are eligible to take advantage of our Best Price Guarantee up to 48-hours prior to sailing, ensuring the best deal.

Also, to allot additional time to ensure full preparedness for a healthy and safe return to cruising, Royal Caribbean has made the tough decision to further extend our operational pause through May 31, 2021. Exceptions to this include our Singapore sailings onboard Quantum of the Seas®, China sailings departing after April 25, 2021, & Israel departures on our newest game-changer, Odyssey of the SeasSM. We understand that news of further suspensions is disappointing so, for your clients booked on impacted May departures and not previously canceled under our Cruise with Confidence program, the following choices are available:
ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.creative.rccl.com%
  OPTION #1 OPTION #2 OPTION #3
  LIFT & SHIFT FUTURE
CRUISE CREDIT
REFUND
OFFER On or before March 23, 2021, move to a qualifying 2022 sailing on the same itinerary, sailing length, embarkation port, stateroom category and departing within 2-weeks of the original sail date and your client's cruise fare/promotion is protected. 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) when booking by April 30, 2022 and sailing by September 30, 2022. 100% refund of amount paid valid through
June 30, 2021.
ACTION
ITEMS
Select a future sailing that qualifies, give us a call, and we’ll handle the rest! It's simple — no action needed from you. FCC is automatically issued to all impacted guests on or before April 16, 2021, if no other option is selected. To request a refund on your client's behalf, submit the request via the “Cruise with Confidence” tab on CruisingPower.com under “Brand Programs & News”.
COMMISSION
PROTECTION
Commission earned on Lift & Shift reservation, based on final cruise fare paid. We've got you covered. Commission protected on both ends — the canceled reservation paid in full prior to the suspension announcement AND the future booking where the FCC is redeemed Commission protected on canceled reservations paid in full prior to the suspension announcement.
CRUISE
PLANNER PURCHASES
  Opt-in to convert all Cruise Planner purchases to an Onboard Credit valued at 125% of the total amount paid. Take advantage of this offer before it expires on March 23, 2021.  
ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.creative.rccl.com%
LIFT & SHIFT
  • Our Lift & Shift option is perfect for your clients who simply wish to move their existing reservation to next year, while protecting their original cruise fare and promotion. Select a qualifying cruise in 2022 on the same itinerary, sailing length, embarkation port, stateroom category and departing within +/- 2-weeks of the original cruise date. Then, give us a call and we’ll take care of the rest! Act now — option expires on March 23, 2021!

125% FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT
  • To compensate for the disruption to your clients' vacation plans, they are eligible for an elevated 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) that is based on the total cruise fare paid per guest, which will be automatically issued on or before April 16, 2021 if no other option is selected. Taxes and fees, as well as any pre-purchased amenities or onboard packages, will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancelation date.

If your client previously opted to take advantage of our Cruise with Confidence policy, the 100% FCC will stand, and this new option is not available to them. Additionally, if your clients redeemed their Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit on a sailing that is now canceled, their original FCC will be reinstated, plus 125% of any amount paid by the guest on the canceled reservation.

REFUND
  • If your clients would simply prefer a refund, we are happy to return the funds paid per guest when selecting this option on or before June 30, 2021. To request the refund on your client's behalf, simply select the “Request a Refund” option via the automated “Cruise with Confidence” form on CruisingPower.com under "Brand Programs & News" and the process will begin. Your client can expect their refund to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancelation date. To ensure your client is selecting the best possible option for their vacation, there is no need to rush — the 125% Future Cruise Credit will remain active until the refund request is submitted, at which time it will be deactivated.

We are comforted knowing that we will continue to tackle this environment’s challenges together as partners and friends. We are working tirelessly to offer you and your clients safe and healthy cruising and, with each passing day, we are closer to sailing once again.

Stay healthy and safe!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

They should be honest and say no cruises until 1/1/22

Why? They can’t make money that way. Nobody is forcing anyone to book a cruise. The writing has been on the wall. If you know the ship won’t sail cancel the cruise and don’t make final payment. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Why? They can’t make money that way. Nobody is forcing anyone to book a cruise. The writing has been on the wall. If you know the ship won’t sail cancel the cruise and don’t make final payment. 

That’s exactly right. We have an October cruise to New England it has been put on hold because of Canada closing ports till 2022. We booked this cruise long before the pandemic though an Agency deposit not due till June which we will not make unless they know for sure a solution has been found and ship is sailing. We already did L&S for another cruise and have 2 FCC so not laying out anymore cash on what if’s. 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 11:49 AM, Cruise a holic said:

They should be honest and say no cruises until 1/1/22

Hate to agree...but...I think so too. It seems to be heading in that direction anyway. As has been said, the vaccine distribution, globally-speaking, is not going to happen in a few weeks or months. Hard enough just getting the shots here in PA. Cruising or any other traveling, being often international, really shouldn't resume till we're at a high % of vaccination worldwide. 

• Like 2

We will cancel our 8/15/21 cruise also this year.  We do have 3 cruises booked for 2022- and hopefully they will be a go and we will remain healthy.  We feel relieved that we received the vaccine, and hope that most people do get vaccinated within the next few months.  

We no longer have small pox or polio in this country- or rarely do- we can do the same with  Covid.

• Like 1

Instead of making the final payment for my June cruise (which has very little chance of sailing - and even if it did it would be one of the first cruise sailings and I would not want to be on that cruise).  Took the FCC for the deposit (one of many) so now I have a November cruise fully paid for with FC credits from deposits of canceled cruises. What a mess. Royal Caribbean should realize many of their customers have to coordinate flights and to wait to the last month or so if really doing their customers a disservice.

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will cancel our 8/15/21 cruise also this year.  We do have 3 cruises booked for 2022- and hopefully they will be a go and we will remain healthy.  We feel relieved that we received the vaccine, and hope that most people do get vaccinated within the next few months.  

We no longer have small pox or polio in this country- or rarely do- we can do the same with  Covid.

It will be impossible to eradicate covid. Just, like SARS and MERS (and Swine flu and avian flu and zika virus) it'll just be an annual footnote instead of a front page headline.

• Like 2

Europe season (except for cruises from Israel) will not be happening this year unless situation drastically improves and a mini season with ships like Harmony (will be in Europe anyhow because of Dry dock) and Anthem (currently of the British coast) as of August as part of experiemtnal trials.

Realistically for the US, we might see the first fully vaccinated trial cruises to nowhere or to private Islands as of September / October with test cruises involving staff before.

I know no one has a crystal ball to answer the question of when will US cruises start and what will the CDC rules be but

I have a cruise planned on the Oasis out of NJ for June 11 2021 and I am 99% sure that the cruise wont go, or even by some miracle it did, it wouldn't be out of NJ, thoughts?

I only ask because if it gets cancelled, I plan on hitting Cancun for a week and those prices are skyrocketing every hour

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mkripke said:

I know no one has a crystal ball to answer the question of when will US cruises start and what will the CDC rules be but

I have a cruise planned on the Oasis out of NJ for June 11 2021 and I am 99% sure that the cruise wont go, or even by some miracle it did, it wouldn't be out of NJ, thoughts?

I only ask because if it gets cancelled, I plan on hitting Cancun for a week and those prices are skyrocketing every hour

I would highly recomend you to book your alternative heading to Cancun as your cruises will be cancelled 99.99%

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mkripke said:

Not sure why you think other folks guesses will help you make a decision??

Trust your gut and enjoy Cancun!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mkripke said:

Our May 23 sailing was cancelled.  I believe our August Oasis cruise will also be.  I am also looking at AI's in Cozumel- or a caribbean island.  If the August cruise is a no-go cancun here we come.  We asked for a refund for our May cruise-  We also have 2022 cruises booked- which I believe will be a go.