Will this cruise happen?

Shir Hayam

My DH and I recently booked a cruise on the Reflection for the end of November, 2021. It is a 7day Caribbean cruise round trip from Ft.Lauderdale. We would go only if there was a vaccination requirement for all crew and passengers. We would not mind wearing masks in interior spaces if that were required. The problem is that I am not at all sure that Celebrity will be up and running by November, 2021. Haven't been on a ship since November, 2019 so I am eager to go, but not feeling optimistic. What do you all think is likely to happen?

Sheila

I feel good about our November cruise , I really don’t want to wear a mask unless I am forced to, u think we may all need to be vaccinated by then , I already had my shots my better half is signed up for them. We are also out of ft Lauderdale but on rccl Allure.

Impossible at this point to know. Things are in flux and may depend on the vaccination rate and the spread of Covid variations. Chances might improve if Celebrity required all passengers to be vaccinated.

• Like 1

My crystal ball says there is a good chance the Reflection will be sailing by the end of November.  My guess is that masks will still be required but I'm not sure that they will implement a vaccination requirement.  I hope so, but I just don't know.

I don't think any cruising as we knew it will begin until the next spring.

At least 3-4 months of preparations, and the cruise line didn't even started the "test cruises".

I have an Apex cruise end of September, our roll call is practically non existent....

BTW, nice screen name 😎

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2

On 3/15/2021 at 2:32 PM, Shir Hayam said:

My DH and I recently booked a cruise on the Reflection for the end of November, 2021. It is a 7day Caribbean cruise round trip from Ft.Lauderdale. We would go only if there was a vaccination requirement for all crew and passengers. We would not mind wearing masks in interior spaces if that were required. The problem is that I am not at all sure that Celebrity will be up and running by November, 2021. Haven't been on a ship since November, 2019 so I am eager to go, but not feeling optimistic. What do you all think is likely to happen?

Sheila

Some are positive re Nov. sailings but even with all being vaccinated,  I'd consider whether ports will be open to passengers.  Received an email today that X is promoting both Edge and Apex Europe (starting May '22) and Edge and Apex Caribbean cruises (starting Jan. '22), not the other ships.  I'm getting the message that 2021 cruises and our 10 night Nov. cruise on Silhouette may not happen;  also CDC has a 7 night ruling in place (right now). 

Edited by Oceangoer2

25 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I'm getting the message that 2021 cruises and our 10 night Nov. cruise on Silhouette may not happen;  also CDC has a 7 night ruling in place (right now). 

What message is that and who is it from?

I'd give a November cruise a 50% chance of sailing at this point. What is more important, is what ports will actually be open and what restrictions will be in place for the cruise. For us, we have 2 deal breakers at the moment.

1. Vaccination are mandatory (passengers and crew). 
  2. Ship tours are NOT mandatory. 

We are still undecided about mask wearing while on the ship. Have to see what the rules actually are at that point. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Some are positive re Nov. sailings but even with all being vaccinated,  I'd consider whether ports will be open to passengers.  Received an email today that X is promoting both Edge and Apex Europe (starting May '22) and Edge and Apex Caribbean cruises (starting Jan. '22), not the other ships.  I'm getting the message that 2021 cruises and our 10 night Nov. cruise on Silhouette may not happen;  also CDC has a 7 night ruling in place (right now). 

What about Reflection from Port Ev Jan 2022?

Many, including us, were given a lift and shift to Ref  1/22...with few other choices!

It is more than 7 nights, same as the Connie cruise we shifted from.

Edited by hcat

16 hours ago, kwokpot said:

What message is that and who is it from?

The messagING is subliminal....and I'm 'guessing' that 2021 cruises MAY NOT happen.  As I said, latest promo emails from X are citing Edge and Apex in 2022.   Those ships may perhaps be the safest for them to schedule, 7 nights and perhaps best accessible ports. BTW....where are some getting their 'magic 8ball'??  I could use one before I post my opinion...LOL.

Edited by Oceangoer2

12 hours ago, hcat said:

What about Reflection from Port Ev Jan 2022?

Many, including us, were given a lift and shift to Ref  1/22...with few other choices!

It is more than 7 nights, same as the Connie cruise we shifted from.

Hopefully our 10 night goes....and yours..... after many of us have had to reschedule.... this one as well, from Reflection '20 to Edge '21 to Silhouette '21...kicked off the boat so to speak.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

The messagING is subliminal....and I'm 'guessing' that 2021 cruises MAY NOT happen.  As I said, latest promo emails from X are citing Edge and Apex in 2022.   Those ships may perhaps be the safest for them to schedule, 7 nights and perhaps best accessible ports. BTW....where are some getting their 'magic 8ball'??  I could use one before I post my opinion...LOL.

OK, it was your feeling or supposition rather than an actual message.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

OK, it was your feeling or supposition rather than an actual message.

Maybe I should have asked you first for my wording before posting?  I'm assuming you're a very literal person and took more from my messaging than intended.  I'll be more careful next post.  Thank you for the caution.

If all passengers are vaccinated, there should not be much need for masks no?  And not much concern about getting off at ports as they are not really risks to anyone?

Maybe I am being too optimistic about vaccines preventing transmission too, but it is beginning to sound that way.

Edited by podgeandrodge

44 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

If all passengers are vaccinated, there should not be much need for masks no?  And not much concern about getting off at ports as they are not really risks to anyone?

Maybe I am being too optimistic about vaccines preventing transmission too, but it is beginning to sound that way.

I'm expecting that even with full vaccination masks will be initially required in at least some areas on board.   I'd be more worried about the ports than the ship.