Volendam sailing announced by HAL for July 2021

boze9999

6 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

It would be nice if he could have given a few facts!  

Itineraries?  Vaccines required?  US passengers allowed?

I agree with you! Also where did he get the info from? Checked HAL’S Facebook nothing.

Denise😊

Don has become a rumor monger and click-baiter. I stopped watching his videos quite some time back. At one point he added some value to the cruising community, but anymore not so much.  When we get more concrete information then I’ll get excited. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Don has become a rumor monger and click-baiter. I stopped watching his videos quite some time back. At one point he added some value to the cruising community, but anymore not so much.  When we get more concrete information then I’ll get excited. 

+1 - So agree.

• Like 2

This typifies the problem with so much of the 'media' nowadays.  Unsubstantiated 'facts', rumour and hypothesis mixed with wishful thinking and the individual's need to be seen and acknowledged.

Sorry guys!  Rant over now.  What was the name for a grumpy morning person????

morgenfuffel or something? 😇

Edited by VMax1700
apology for rant.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

This typifies the problem with so much of the 'media' nowadays.  Unsubstantiated 'facts', rumour and hypothesis mixed with wishful thinking and the individual's need to be seen and acknowledged.

What rant? Couldn't agree more.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

18 minutes ago, VintageGeo said:

What rant? Couldn't agree more.

11 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

~Thank you! 👍

I also agree. With the current technology anyone can put up a video or blog and become a journalist. As has been said many times, repeat something enough times and it gains the aura of truth.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

This typifies the problem with so much of the 'media' nowadays. 😇

Some guy w/ a green screen and a YouTube channel to me doesn't qualify as media ?  Perhaps Hobbyist?   Scott. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Some guy w/ a green screen and a YouTube channel to me doesn't qualify as media ?  Perhaps Hobbyist?   Scott. 

He probably studied 'Media' at college and considers himself 'qualified'😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Actually the HAL website and online booking agencies show a number of Med cruises available beginning July 1 on Volendam and Westerdam, as well as Nieuw Statendam from Amsterdam.

This is a well known cruise vlogger who has been around for years who mostly reports what's going on.   Anyone can research the information.   

34 minutes ago, tamsno said:

Actually the HAL website and online booking agencies show a number of Med cruises available beginning July 1 on Volendam and Westerdam, as well as Nieuw Statendam from Amsterdam.

This is a well known cruise vlogger who has been around for years who mostly reports what's going on.   Anyone can research the information.   

Those cruises have been on the HAL website for months.  A lot of us are booked on them for quite some time.  Still don't mean that they are going to sail.

• Like 3

I stumbled across this article over the weekend.  i do think things may begin to open up in Greece and other countries in the near future.  At some point governments may have to decide they can’t stay shut down indefinitely.  Once one country opens it will likely trigger a demand by others to follow.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-10/how-to-think-about-booking-europe-summer-travel-2021-during-covid

Hedging my bets - I’ve got 3 Med sailings booked for various weeks this fall.  As final payments are staggered, I will weigh the likelihood of each cruise before finalizing.  It may mean cancelling each booking, but it’s better than no possibility at all.  

What’s interesting is the Volendam is scheduled primarily this season to sail in Greece, Turkey, and a few other Adriatic stops in and out of Rome or Venice.  Presently Italy is a no-go and is not allowing Americans to transit, but possible HAL has some fairly reliable intel to suggest this will be feasible late summer or early fall?.  

Edited by cruise52
Correction