RCCL June Sailings Cancelling?

I’m kind of curious, since the announcement of the June 5th restart from Nassau, why is RCCL still selling Florida departures in June. Isn’t it kind of clear that they won’t be going? Or am I missing something? Do they think there is still a chance?

46 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

O% chance they sail from Florida............. Reason they haven't told you yet...........Because they don't have to.

And because they haven’t sucked up all the final payments yet. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, expatcruiser88 said:

Care to elaborate?

Sure, the 90-day final payment date for cruises departing on June 30 is April 1. RCL won't announce cancellation of June cruises until after the final payment window closes and they have cleared all the ACH final payment transactions, so expect them to make the announcement around April 5-6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Once final payment date has passed for the month in question, then and only then, are

cruises cancelled. 

Yep...that way they have your money, and will only give you a FCC....kind of a crappy way to do business...

• Thanks 1

While they do give a full refund, they never give it all at once. On the latest RCL cancellation for our May 2021 cruise, we've gotten the port fees and taxes and the "60% off" second passenger fare back. Still waiting on the first passenger fare and the insurance. 

On the positive side, I was able to roll over the FCCs that I had originally applied to the May cruise to a later 2021 cruise that already had FCCs from a previous cancelled cruise.

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, CK57 said:

So for Aug 21 cancellations yet to come what would you expect the expiration date or take cruise date be for the next round of FCC’s?

All FCC’s issued due to Covid have the same apply by and sail by dates.

currently they are

apply by April 30, 2022

sail by Sept 30, 2022

If and when they are extended it will apply to all FCC’s 

I’m not sure that the apply by date will be extended bu5 I see the next sail by date being extended until Dec 31, 2022

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In their FD filing dated March 24th,

Based on our assessment of these conditions or for other reasons, we may determine it necessary to further extend our voluntary suspension of our Global Brands’ cruise sailings which currently extends through at least May 31, 2021, for most of our cruise operations.

As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.8 billion in customer deposits of which approximately 50% are FCCs and the rest are related to new bookings. Approximately 53% of the guests booked on cancelled sailings since our suspension of operations have requested cash refunds.

https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Royal+Caribbean+Group+(RCL)+says+booking+activity+for+second+half+of+2021+is+aligned+with+its+anticipated+resumption+of+cruises/18170027.html

On 3/22/2021 at 9:53 AM, 2flacruisers said:

Yep...that way they have your money, and will only give you a FCC....kind of a crappy way to do business...

When RCCL cancels, you can generally receive a FULL refund as long as you did not use previous  cancellation FCC for the cruise. 

We've had numerous  cruses cancelled, and those we could not L&S, we opted for a full refund.     Just had one cancel for  May 30.  The agent tried to convince us to take a FCC and even  warned  us the refund could  take 60 days.  We took the full refund and the funds were back to our credit card in less than 10 days!

M

On 3/22/2021 at 10:23 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

But, they will take enough time from another month of final payments to displace the refund. 😇

M8

We received a received a  recent refund in less than 10 days.   May 2021 crusie cancelled in early March, and received a full refund a week or so later.

Edit - just checked dates.  Cruise  cancelled notice was on March 9.  I called to request a full  refund on the same day and the refund was posted to our credit card  on March 15!   Quickest refund so far.  

Refund came is several different credits ( all posted on the sane day) and while the amounts seemed random and didn't seem to correspond to any specific  invoice charge,    when added up they   matched  what we paid to RCCL.  

Second edit - OP - Don't pack yet!  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Not exactly, when THEY cancel you can get 100% cash refund 

We were not able to use that offer...we had a non-refundable cruise, so we had to take the FCC...and the second time it happened, we were told we could only lift and switch...and and our "non-refundable" deposit went from $100.00/pp to $200.00/pp.  So we are locked into our cruise no matter what happens...they keep our $400.00 deposit so if our cruise gets pushed back a third time and we opt for our money back, we only get $600.00 back on the cruise; and I had to give them an additional $200.00 deposit when we booked the second time, due to their cancellation.  We have had this cruise booked since January of 2020...I know we're not the only ones this happening to, but at this point we would like to have all of our money back and call the whole thing off...but I'm not going to lose $400.00 of the money we put down just because of their cancellations.  I really think that stinks.

Edited by 2flacruisers

43 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

We were not able to use that offer...we had a non-refundable cruise, so we had to take the FCC...and the second time it happened, we were told we could only lift and switch...and and our "non-refundable" deposit went from $100.00/pp to $200.00/pp.  So we are locked into our cruise no matter what happens...they keep our $400.00 deposit so if our cruise gets pushed back a third time and we opt for our money back, we only get $600.00 back on the cruise; and I had to give them an additional $200.00 deposit when we booked the second time, due to their cancellation.  We have had this cruise booked since January of 2020...I know we're not the only ones this happening to, but at this point we would like to have all of our money back and call the whole thing off...but I'm not going to lose $400.00 of the money we put down just because of their cancellations.  I really think that stinks.

You were given bad information and should have fought harder, sorry to say. 

If the cruise is cancelled due to pandemic suspension, ALL monies paid are 100% refundable. I have taken refund on 6 so far with non refundable fare. 

I think it may get a little convoluted when FCC gets involved in the mix, but I wouldn’t know, I never took a FCC. 

• Like 2