RCCL June Sailings Cancelling?

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You were given bad information and should have fought harder, sorry to say. 

If the cruise is cancelled due to pandemic suspension, ALL monies paid are 100% refundable. I have taken refund on 6 so far with non refundable fare. 

I think it may get a little convoluted when FCC gets involved in the mix, but I wouldn’t know, I never took a FCC. 

The FCC portion gets re-issued. All cash paid is refunded.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:58 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Cancellations will be announced between April 1st and 3rd

On 3/22/2021 at 8:35 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Once final payment date has passed for the month in question, then and only then, are

cruises cancelled. 

On 3/22/2021 at 8:36 AM, orville99 said:

Sure, the 90-day final payment date for cruises departing on June 30 is April 1. RCL won't announce cancellation of June cruises until after the final payment window closes and they have cleared all the ACH final payment transactions, so expect them to make the announcement around April 5-6.

Royal Caribbean U.S. June cancellation watch officially begins tommorow?

20 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

July 1 minus 90 days is April 2. 

If you are a final payment conspiracy theorist, you may think that 75 days is more likely as there are a number of sailings which have that as final payment.

Our 28th Aug sailing from Barcelona is due final payment on the 3rd July.

I would imagine its a simple cash flow, they have your final payment, use that to pay staff etc and return money to the % who ask for a full refund on previous cancelled cruises. Then when they cancel the next batch of cruises they use that money to pay the staff and refund the % of people from your cruise who asked for a refund.

However the sooner we have some b***dy news from RCL ref sailings both the US and European the better as they must have a rolling early start date. Just annoying as i would imagine people have leave booked and flights/Hotels to sort or cancel.

I just paid my final payment for our June 21 cruise on Monday. 
I think the cancellations start April 8-9. I’ll take sooner since I already booked a FL vacation. I’m taking the refund and not worrying about cruising for a few years. 

On 3/21/2021 at 10:58 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Cancellations will be announced between April 1st and 3rd

I am waiting for it.  We have a Cancun trip booked as plan B as we KNOW our B2B on Navigator will be canceled at the end of June.

6 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

It’s April 3rd and no sign of cancellations. Do they normally announce it on a weekday?

Yes. My guess is it will be the end of next week. Hoping it would include Juiy but I don't think it will

Edited by molly361

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

After the CDC's updated "guidance" yesterday, I would assume June, July and August cruises are all off the books.

Some would say the CSO published last year was a de facfo NSO and the all of these "updates " are just diversions to keep the de facto ban in place till at least November. 

I just want to know something, so we can make alternate plans for our vacation time in June. And to make plans to sail, probably next June. 

Have a question. Is it true that RCCL has to honor our booking fare if we do a “lift and shift” for next June?  We booked a “second person sail for half price and kids sail free” fare. My 12-year old granddaughter will be 13 by next June; too old for a normal “kids sail free” fare. 

Currently, the only cruises that are actually happen are the deployments RCL is announcing, all the Europe and Caribbean departures still in the system likely will not happen for the forseable future. This will hopefully change towards the end of the year begining of next when more and more ships come back and restrictions are lifted.

On 3/22/2021 at 8:37 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Typical of Royal’s cash flow program. No shame. 

I posted this on another thread, but perhaps it fits here better:

One thing that will become perfectly clear to currently booked passengers is that if the CDC rejects NCL's proposal for a totally vaccinated ship, the possibility of any ship cruising out of the US until at least Nov. 1st will be a done deal.

There will be no more false "hope;" no more pep talks about being "confident we will sail soon" from Cruise Company Execs (at least none that will be believed; and no more hemming and hawing about cancelling cruises from U.S. ports until after final payments (at least not without sustaining a hit to their company's relationship with the general public)

Cruise lines will be stuck accepting the CDC's mandates and will have to step up to their responsibility to their customers or face the real possibility of losing them permanently.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 7:37 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Typical of Royal’s cash flow program. No shame. 

And if YOU were their CEO... how would you handle the complete shutdown of your revenues for over 14 months?  I don't blame them at all for creating ways to stay in business with no monies coming in but the deposits on future cruises.  They usually rely on onboard revenues that haven't been seen all this time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1