Return to normalcy?

8 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I really hope people continue to wash their hands appropriately too.  Hopefully gone are the days when people leave the restroom without washing their hands!

Nope, happened yesterday afternoon when I was in restroom at a Mexican restaurant.  Guy came strait of the stall, past the sinks and out the door.  I was tempted to track the guys table down and let his dining companions know not to be sharing tortilla chips with him but I'm not a *****.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Nope, happened yesterday afternoon when I was in restroom at a Mexican restaurant.  Guy came strait of the stall, past the sinks and out the door.  I was tempted to track the guys table down and let his dining companions know not to be sharing tortilla chips with him but I'm not a *****.

Maybe he’s already fully vaccinated.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

There's a lot of diseases you can get and spread besides covid by not washing your hands after you take a dump.

Really?  According to many of the learned comments I’ve seen on these boards, COVID-19 vaccinations are pretty much a prevent-all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Many years ago I was working in a food processing plant during college summer break. I was in the bathroom, Stenciled on the wall, in big letters it said “ALL EMPLOYEES MUST WASH THEIR HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK”. A guy walked away from a urinal and headed for the door. There happened to be a foreman in there, and he stopped guy and said “Can’t you read” as he pointed to the sign. The guy responded “I’m not going back to work, I’m going to eat my lunch”. He ate alone after that.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

But was he wearing his mask?  😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Really?  According to many of the learned comments I’ve seen on these boards, COVID-19 vaccinations are pretty much a prevent-all.

Vaxes are amazingly good. They are a game changer. But for wash free dumps, you'll need the 3rd & 4th boosters.  Call your county admin and ask for them. 

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2021 at 3:02 AM, yogimax said:

Simply not true...

Fact: Cloth face masks are effective. They create a barrier between your mouth and nose and those around you. This makes it more difficult for the droplets that spread coronavirus through coughs, sneezes and talking to reach other people.

Nope,  simply not true.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, LXA350 said:

I don't understand why so many people are against masks. For the time being we need to live with them to protect us and others and they might even be part of our lives in the future in one way or another. This doesn't stop us from having a enjoyable cruise vacation for instance.

As long as the Covid vaccines continue to be effective and herd immunity is achieved, masks will eventually become a non issue as people will no longer be wearing them.

I know I won’t be wearing  a mask and I have been a huge proponent of universal masking since the beginning of this pandemic.

I continue to believe masks are very effective for source control when worn properly. 

Just my opinion, of course. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 8:22 AM, CaroleSS said:

If they were so effective, why aren't all the non-mask wearers dead by now?

Masks are not worn correctly by many. They don't fit correctly, people digit with them, they take them off to speak, they don't clean them.....thus rendering them completely useless.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/29/these-12-graphs-show-mask-mandates-do-nothing-to-stop-covid/

I do not understand how, after dealing with this for over a year, you even ask that question. The non mask wearers are protected by those who wear masks.  Non mask wearers have been part of the problem of this pandemic,  not the solution. Masks are worn , primarily for source control, not for protection. Have you ever heard this before or just ignored it?

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2021 at 10:27 AM, pcur said:

In small groups.  They say to avoid medium to large groups unless wearing a mask.

The CDC needs to asses the scenario of a “bubble” cruise ship of 100% vaccinated crew and passengers. They just might change their directive of “small groups” for all vaccinated people. Large groups are not a given that all people will be vaccinated but a cruise ship is unique if it is a bubble of all vaccinated on board. 

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, Sky616 said:

Exactly, I don't wear one anywhere except if I need to be seated at a restaurant and a airplane.  Otherwise, have never worn one at work or shopping.  They don't work, it's all been forced upon us for no reason.  

Mask most certainly do work for source control. Do you know what that is? Masks are not very effective for the protection of the wearer unless an N95 mask is used. Universal masking is our mitigation method of source control. Do I have to explain what source control is to you? After over one year of dealing with this pandemic, you should know what source control refers to. 

Edited by coffeebean
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, Dawniepoo said:

I have come to learn that yes, we in Florida appear to be living differently than other states. Everything is open. Masks may not be mandated, but every establishment that I have been to over this whole pandemic requires a mask to enter. The only time I've seen people without masks was last weekend when I made the mistake of visiting I-drive where the tourists are in Orlando. I never go there and I was shocked at the amount of people congregating without masks. 

I have had the same experience in central Florida. All establishments  require masks and their employees all are masked up. There may be the rouge establishment that does not require masks but they are very few and far between. Most people have continued to mask up in my community so we have not been negligent in Florida and have been doing our part to mitigate the virus as best we can. The larger cities are not as good with masking and it is usually the younger people who feel they don’t have to worry about the virus and feel no obligation to help others stay safe. Sorry folks,  it that is the truth. 

• Like 3

On 3/25/2021 at 1:31 PM, yogimax said:

Actually, as of yesterday, NY was 14th best, Florida 13th worst.  I have many friends in Florida.  I worry about their well being.

We are doing very well with vaccinations in Florida. Don’t worry too much about us. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 1:39 PM, Joseph2017China said:

Where I live, mask wearing is 50/50.  People shop and go out in restaurants w/o masks on.....since it is personal choice in Florida

What’s I live in Florida, most restaurants have put up higher dividers between booths so to give their patrons a safety shield from the people in the booths next to them. We do not dine in a restaurant which does not have these additional dividers. We have been very lucky in our community........ everything has been open for business yet done very safely.