The Daily for Sunday Mar 28, 2021

richwmn

Greetings all.   So glad we've all found the Racy Daily this nice Sunday.   

I checked in earlier but there was no information, just that the post was pending, so I went off to the pool.  It is a rainy day here today and it is supposed to get cold this week.  We're going to welcome April with possible snow showers.  

Today's meal sounds very familiar.  Did we have the Chicken Biscuit Skillet a short time ago.  I think this is the same, just with Turkey.  Anyways, it is an easy meal to fix and you can spice it up any way you please.   

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/turkey-biscuit-skillet/

The picture is actually Chicken Biscuit Skillet as they had a video for this one and I never did see the finished product.   

Chicken-Biscuit-Skillet_EXPS_CHBZ19_235015_C10_31_1b-9.jpg

• Like 16

Well, it looks like this thread is turning into the Daily 😉 

Thanks Rich 🙂. Seems so strange to have the regular thread “pending approval” for so long.

A blessed Palm Sunday and beginning of Holy Week to all.

Weed appreciation day is important at this time of the year.  Don’t pull those dandelions up too fast.  The pollinators (like bees) need the pollen until the regular flowers start up.   But definitely rip them out before they go to seed 😉 

36E15CB3-6E15-444A-847A-F8FEA303EDC9.jpeg.5082f380231389dfaf437394d556b2d9.jpeg

And let’s not forget that some of our flowers we struggle to grow and enjoy are considered weeds in other countries 😉 

A1D9FC8B-AA5E-41F3-AB58-7D63EEF61905.thumb.jpeg.5c428b7e5beb2b79defaf98681387a15.jpeg

Cat appreciation day is a great day for all cat lovers (me included).

99438463-2AD0-4898-901B-849C04F03BD8.jpeg.a3efe8f8e1829b7167640b0c9f07f0e4.jpeg

@cat sheparda white wine from the Loire Valley - fantastic 🙂. I’m definitely making a note of this one.  Thanks for the description, as always 😄 

I have to say that Woody Allen quote is so apropos in today’s environment.

Going to be a miserable stormy day here later today and tonight.  Just hoping we don’t get the ice pellets and snow they are talking about.  March came in like lion so it’s supposed to go out like a lamb, right?  🤷 Not out like a lion 😔 

3769D278-2272-427E-88E2-B5DD725C595C.jpeg.e505cbcf6ec5971e5d84a690f707556c.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them (with a special prayer for Yonnie) and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone.  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 26
  • Haha 2

Good morning, all.  Strange Daily, but it looks like all the information is here, and all participants!  So, well done, everyone.  😀

I was born in Shanghai, so of course never visited anywhere else in China!   All I have to offer today, as March nears an end:

541393259_Screenshot2021-03-27at5_52_47PM.png.0432e87078e368e39ea6aa8059c18ef2.png

• Like 12
  • Haha 10

Good morning, all! So today I will roast hot dogs on a stick, and celebrate weeds by ditching today’s garden chores. It works for me! I won’t comment on the drink of the day, just in case I vanish.

It was nice to wake up on the island this morning. The woodstove has made the house cozy. The baseboards give heat, but they don’t take the chill out of the house’s bones like wood heat does. The winds are rising, and I suspect the ferries will,shut down later in the day. Good thing we came yesterday! Prayers to,all who need them, and congratulations on those who have finally gotten their jabs!

And finally, Happy Sunday from the elevator mats of our BHB’s!

2A8E5663-785B-495E-AE1C-49EAD145AC09.thumb.jpeg.4582e7221294ecc59ee659af1baf155c.jpeg

• Like 21

Such a naughty bunch we are!

I did try the Bronx cocktail again last night. My original thoughts were reaffirmed; not that keen on it. I would (and did) drink it, but I would not order or make one again. There are just too many other gin-based drinks that I like much better!

Today in 2018 and 2019 we were cruising! Today in 2020 we were supposed to be in Rio! All three were on the Koningsdam...

• Like 13

Good afternoon.

Strange goings-on I see. My first thought was "weed" until I saw the drink of the day, LOL.

Celebrating Palm Sunday. It's rainy and windy here today.

I've been to Beijing but not on a ship. I did a Viking river cruise in China. I flew to Shanghai, cruised the Yangtze from Yichang to Chongqing going through the 3 gorges Dam, and then eventually flew to Beijing.

@DeeniEncinitas  The wreath tribute for KK was wonderful.

Prayers for the care list and cheers to the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone.

Me at the Great Wall.

PA110446.JPG

• Like 26

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

The drink sounds good even if ordering it might be embarrassing. Waiter, what would you like? Me, I’d like sex on the beach. Waiter sorry I can’t help you there ma’am as I’m married.

Hope everyone has a great day. 
Maybe they are trying to break your record Rich of conservative posts. 

Maybe they have a new moderator who's from Twitter or the New York Times.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

I guess the consensus is the name of the drink. It is one that has been around for a very long time. We'll just have to see what happens tomorrow morning.

And yet you managed to get all the info to us anyway. And @summer slope was even able to give the recipe for , um, the ‘Getting Sand Where You Shouldn’t’ drink. Well done!

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

I had time (basically ignoring the weeds) to go through some of my 2002 pictures in Beijing.  The Volendam was in port for two days.  The first day, we took a tour to the Great Wall, and the second a tour to Beijing.  Most of my pictures were taken in the Forbidden City, but here are some from the area around the hotel where we had lunch.  It was just down the street from the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square.

This is looking down a main road from the front of the hotel where we had lunch and away from Tiananmen Square.

IMG_1290.thumb.JPG.2d53bac6e648eb345286104e80aa8187.JPG

This little park was back from the street and between the hotel and the Forbidden City.

IMG_1293.thumb.JPG.54c77a8ba4e319ae8666f03a928ef6e5.JPG

The Temple of Heaven was our last stop in Beijing.  It looked just like the one in Epcot in Disney World.  😀

IMG_1334.thumb.JPG.ae0961517a12a2adabca7b9c733da48c.JPG

@DeeniEncinitas  The flowers are beautiful, and what a splendid gesture in remembrance of KK. 

@StLouisCruisers  The port of Xingang and the port of Tianjin are the same, but the port has changed greatly between 2002 and 2028.  It is the largest man-made port in China.  Tianjin is also the name of the nearest city which is about an hour inland.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich, even though it was posted in parts. I like your alternate site, do you do that everyday and save it?

No, today is the only day I have posted it there. I may start doing it each day, but I'm not trying to compete.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Love the cats appreciation day.  I appreciate my cat everyday.  Prayers and Toasts to all of us.

Stay safe, social distance, and still wear your mask.

Today's drink of the day:

Ingredients: 1 1/3 oz Cranberry juice, 1 1/3 oz Orange juice, 1 1/3 oz Vodka, 2/3 oz Peach schnapps
Preparation: Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with orange slice.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Orange slice

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.45.47 AM.png

Thank you for the drink recipe. I think this one is especially healthy what with cranberry juice, orange juice, a version of sanitizer (all that alcohol 😂) and a piece of fruit!

St Louis Sal

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

I am going back to yesterday's post, Manaus, since I finally had time to look at my pictures from there.  @rafinmd Roy's pictures of the Opera House are better, so I will not try to compete with him.

The first two are the sloth and the snake I mentioned yesterday.

IMG_0431.thumb.JPG.55d1444282e29f3fa8e84518e3a4fd4b.JPG

IMG_0435.thumb.JPG.f1497f392b689a5cbf898a59e6311608.JPG

This sign was on the river bank and showed how high the water had risen each year prior to 2006 when we were there.IMG_0451.thumb.JPG.fa473dbff94912a498ce002f5dc45f87.JPG

This is a picture of one small part of the market.  Like most markets there are areas for fish, meat, fruits and vegetables, and anything else you might want.

IMG_0464.thumb.JPG.8b1f5ba5b0324a5bb6ab4e6577cceed7.JPG

Lenda

• Like 17

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just in case I get distracted, I'll preview today's lists:

Today's care list:

Have not heard from Gsel since September 20

myself facing cardiac surgery

NextOne DH facing chemo

RIP Cunnorl’s BIL

Rest in Peace Krazy Kruizers

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome to the Daily, ksmaxey

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Firepit weather for Cruising-along

Progress on plans for durangoscot’s shelter

Congrats Reading Red Knights

Denise’s wreath tribute

20 years of sound advice from Krazy Kruizers

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy:

Thanks for the Care list and shout Out List for this Palm Sunday.

• Like 2

🌴Happy Palm Sunday!🌴 Still morning here in CA. 😎

I did have that drink in Cabo on the beach🍸---it's an easy 2 1/2 hr. flight south and we've stayed at Estancia in Cabo and thoroughly enjoy MX.

We started off our b2b experience in South East Asia from Singapore to Shanghai on HAL🛳️and then jumped over to a Viking river cruise from Shanghai to Beijing! We stayed on our own a week after and had a fabulous time in the capital of China. My husband and I like "mixing & matching" cruise lines for more exposure and spending more time when the cruise ends.

🙏Prayers to all in need! 🙏

We took a Covid test after returning from Maui to be on the safe side and tested negative✏️

• Like 14

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Love the cats appreciation day.  I appreciate my cat everyday.  Prayers and Toasts to all of us.

Stay safe, social distance, and still wear your mask.

Today's drink of the day:

Ingredients: 1 1/3 oz Cranberry juice, 1 1/3 oz Orange juice, 1 1/3 oz Vodka, 2/3 oz Peach schnapps
Preparation: Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with orange slice.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Orange slice

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.45.47 AM.png

I might try it.  It sounds good.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, richwmn said:

No, today is the only day I have posted it there. I may start doing it each day, but I'm not trying to compete.

You just want to ensure you can get the daily info out to us and we appreciate your effort.

• Like 9

Thank you Rich for attempting to post another very successful Daily on CC and for Roy ’s alternatives and the Care lists , very much appreciated by all of us avid cruisers ! 

And No I do not want to do that on the beach and get sand in my drink .

We loved our overnight stay in Beijing while on the Volendam in 2017 I will try to minimize my pictures but will split them over a couple of posts because there were so many beautiful things to see and do : 

Approaching Tianjin 
DSCN4294.thumb.JPG.312c2d7e995cffe35090e19e2dde3c5d.JPG

Leaving the port on our way to the Great Wall , huge highways with little traffic made for the future .
DSCN4297.thumb.JPG.cd7d88d70a10dbe268e8fed9df5099ac.JPG

Had to take over from the guide while he was getting the tickets 
DSCN4309.thumb.JPG.cd42d6362837c7dc04a4593da445fcc5.JPG

The amazing Great Wall we all like to visit .

DSCN4326.thumb.JPG.74d5f1ad0b5f9ac3731c6548588dfc0b.JPG
DSCN4330.thumb.jpg.2d19353cdeea7b4c13d533609b46a050.jpg

We chose the cable car to go back down rather than the sleds 

1318051068_DSCN43512.thumb.jpg.a8a5938538dbc80929ff867cc12bf1cf.jpg

When we arrived back to Beijing in the evening I had booked a show in the Red Theatre called the “ Legend of Kungfu “ 
DSCN4365.thumb.jpg.8f3629a543eb8e53ab1fa5749cbee2f5.jpg

Before the start of the show we were already impressed , but the show itself was just amazing ! 
DSCN4372.thumb.jpg.5a9a16c99bcb5c18429f23b71d47146c.jpg

DSCN4380.thumb.JPG.05e497ce52bbe03021e314411d677871.JPG

DSCN4382.thumb.JPG.c9185e82f6471963445e4ad0fe115744.JPG

After the show was over we were taken to our Hotel to stay the night in Beijing rather than a long road back to Port . Great decision our stay was fantastic and we saved a lot of time .

DSCN4390.thumb.JPG.dbda7879a3df69c3d4d6f9463a6071a5.JPG

Breakfast in the morning was just amazing with a choice of dozens of dishes prepared right in front of us . We were very close to Tianenmen Square where we could start off early the next morning 

DSCN4394.thumb.JPG.3df367b204b91d4191de2ee9a68df78b.JPG

Tony 
  • Like 20

Rich Thank you for the Fleet Report. Thanks to all who contributed to the DAILY

Thanks to all who posted on the DAILY. Best wishes to  to All who are Celebrating the Jewish Feast of Passover. To those celebrating Palm Sunday,  I extend my wishes for a good Palm Sunday.  God Bless all.

• Like 13

Are you sure it really isn't National Procrastination Day?  😁  I've been putting off getting to work blowing leaves off the car/rv port and washing the cars since it's still cool here with a north wind.

DH found a video of his phone that showed our speed on the train to Beijing reaching 220 mph.  The ride was extremely smooth and it did not seem like we were going that fast.

783467481_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.1acb67d128036307bb40f7d61842489d.png

Now, I don't have an excuse to put off the outside work any longer.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Who know what is on the censors’ minds?!?!  Glad everyone figured out a work-around!  We NEED stability in our daily reading.

Humorous thing happened when I went to Mass this morning.  I found a seat where there was room between me and the next group of 3 people.  The gentleman leaned over and asked me if I wanted them to move farther away.  (We are all wearing masks in my parish church).  I told him he was fine and to stay where they were.  He then told me that he has had his shots and I told him that it was the same for me.  We both then had a chuckle that a discussion of shots was the new norm!

Last night was a small family birthday celebration for my birthday on Tuesday, while the great-grandchildren were here.  I also have two more invites for dinner in the next couple of days.  Nice, since my dishwasher installation hit snags yesterday!

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 11