The Daily for Tuesday Mar 30, 2021

richwmn

Good morning.  While it is supposed to be on the 80s today, it is cloudy and windy, and we’re expecting cooler weather to arrive tomorrow.  I’m glad I got the majority of the yard work done yesterday, and I’ll finish unloading the motorhome today.

Doctors certainly deserve celebrating today and every day. 🥂  A walk in the park, but I read last week that our town park was closed and the town had sold it.  That’s something we need to check out.  While we think we’re in control, it’s not always the case.

We’ve been to several Australian ports, bit not Townsville.  Edison’s quote is interesting, but he was an interesting man.

@Overhead Fred Congratulations on your second shot.

@cruzn single HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  🎂 🥂

@StLouisCruisers  Hope your DMIL is much improved today.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14

Had my 2nd Moderna 8 days ago and other than being just a little tired (and that might not have been from the Vaccine, traveled to see Granddaughters the week before the shot) it was like I didn't even take a Vaccine. Very Easy. Wife had her Pfizer 2 nine days ago and same thing. Both very easy (we are 65) Ready to Cruise in August.

• Like 18

22 minutes ago, raven82 said:

Had my 2nd Moderna 8 days ago and other than being just a little tired (and that might not have been from the Vaccine, traveled to see Granddaughters the week before the shot) it was like I didn't even take a Vaccine. Very Easy. Wife had her Pfizer 2 nine days ago and same thing. Both very easy (we are 65) Ready to Cruise in August.

Congratulations and welcome aboard.

Roy

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, raven82 said:

Good news, indeed 🙂 Welcome to the Daily 🙂 

• Like 6

@richwmn  Great to see you back in control of the Daily,  Though, like most Dailyites,  since we know what to look for, the altered versions were not that hard to find.  Thank you for all your work to provide such a positive place to gather in CC.

And thank you to all who help make the Daily so special.

Lenda

• Like 20

Good morning everyone. DH had his second Moderna shot yesterday and so far he’s just tired. Hopefully, that will be his only reaction. Last time it took a day and a half before he temporarily lost vision in one eye for a few minutes.

My daughter and her husband get their second shot on Thursday. Both the same day so I’m hoping all goes smoothly.My son works in a hospital so he got his shots a while ago as did my other daughter and one grandson. I’m scheduled for June and will have to find J and J some where as that’s what the infectious disease doc wants me to take.

Things have taken a turn for the worse in NJ so I’m being very careful.

Stay well and keep wearing those masks.

Carol

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Hi Rich, interesting Daily this morning. Thank you!

Good morning to my sweet sisters, Roy, and fellow Daily-ites. Happy Birthday to @cruzn single, thinking of you and family @StLouisCruisers, and to Roy, who's always in our prayers.

Looks like it will be an 82 degree day, but still kinda foggy. 

I have not been Down Under. Would love to go though. 

Prayers and Cheers 

• Like 15

We visited Townsville, Australia two years ago while on the Amsterdam.  We took an excursion to the Billabong Sanctuary, which is just outside of Townsville.  We saw many animals including a wombat, koala bears, a dingo and several kangaroos. We were lucky that it did not rain on us (the morning had rain showers), but we experienced high temperatures. We had a brief panoramic tour of the city before returning to the ship.

42FECF68-9724-4CC8-833B-96345FEA9667.thumb.jpeg.b429ce92831df83b08ccad7c12002288.jpeg

70111D61-0FD7-4389-890D-735D2124A1FA.thumb.jpeg.d68cbf924581316e0a44fa24527175b2.jpeg

94DCE699-09A7-49E7-8049-F85EC1C08324.thumb.jpeg.9f5c648e2725b32c072d65be812eafa2.jpeg

DF3E0C13-2FFD-4013-A44F-A2A3BC7BED9F.thumb.jpeg.6b376c1d2bec218a38dec78e9a61b724.jpeg

5D0BAE2B-F4F1-4F7B-A4BB-36A67769F297.thumb.jpeg.794526fe8c1fd82bb34ca804f2a4c2af.jpeg

You’ll never catch me in a photo like this, but DW thought it was pretty cool to have a snake wrapped around her.

B2F34B0E-6F5E-4A04-8125-FACC7D06272C.thumb.jpeg.129a4ecb6ef102af3616f223cee8becd.jpeg

An overview photo of Townsville.

1D6A254D-9F5F-4DAE-8D4C-259142000622.thumb.jpeg.eb673ae0215e791c8e1263b09bb3062f.jpeg

• Like 28

Good morning all!

Doctors are so deserving of their special day, or more like year as was said previously.  We love our doctor and are dreading the day she fully retires in a little over a year.  I really hate finding a new doctor, our last two we had for close to 15 years each.

Control -- LOL -- 😁  I thought I was in control of our DVR but it has taken on a life of its own this week by deciding not to record what I've told it to record. 😉  No rhyme or reason, it seems to choose a different program each week and not record it for awhile.

After looking at the ingredients, I think I'll pass on the meal today...not a fan of the flavor of coconut, cannot tolerate cilantro, and peanut butter and roast beef -- hmm.  😉  

Never been to the port of the day, I hope someone has photos to show us.  It wasn't on the itinerary of our (first) cancelled cruise last year either.

Happy birthday @cruzn single!

@Overhead Fredcongrats on getting your 2nd jab 🙂  

@mamaofamihoping your DH continues to have no reaction to his vaccine.

@raven82welcome to the Daily and congrats to you and your DW on your 2nd jabs with no reactions!

• Like 14

Kind of a cool morning here in the Pacific Northwest.  This time of the year it is either warm and wet or cool and dry.  Should be a good afternoon.  Today is our 58th Wedding Anniversary.  This is us in 1963.P1010264.thumb.JPG.c5f4ee8bcfc70673cf95382ea6b703ec.JPG

• Like 36

Thank you Rich and Roy and all contributors , I noticed you are all back in control  Rich ! 

DW and I are looking forward to tomorrow when we are booked to get our first jab from who knows which company . they are all good as far as I am concerned as long as we get protection . At least it should bring us  somewhat closer to be able to cruise  ! 

We have been a few times to Australia but have not had the pleasure to get to Townsville. We are still hoping to get back next year to Australia and New Zealand on the Oosterdam .

Have a great day everybody and please take care and stay safe ! 

Tony 😀

• Like 18

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

image.thumb.jpeg.1ef250a4b889be8440e911fca7eddc09.jpeg

Finished coffee and getting ready for my day with being in control to help people

with their vaccines. Last day for me is tomorrow in helping. Was rewarding.
Appreciate reading all the uplifting writings this am and 2023 will be the year for us to go to Australia 👍

🌺Debbie Thai Coconut Beef I love and your recipe I will try!!

🌺Rich glad our Daily is back! Thank you

🌺Roy, I think of you and hope your doing well. Thanks for what you do and love the sunset picture!

🌺Summer love the martini!

🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

🌺(I WILL ALWAYS WHEN I HAVE A VODKA MARTIN.......,..

🍸WILL CALL IT (KK’S GREYGOOSE 

ON THE ROCKS!) 

🌺To my sisters ❤️

Denise😊

• Like 18

17 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Kind of a cool morning here in the Pacific Northwest.  This time of the year it is either warm and wet or cool and dry.  Should be a good afternoon.  Today is our 58th Wedding Anniversary.  This is us in 1963.P1010264.thumb.JPG.c5f4ee8bcfc70673cf95382ea6b703ec.JPG

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!

• Like 10

Good Morning from sunny California and Thank You for the Daily!✏️

I actually did go for a nice long walk yesterday before it heated up.😎

@cruzn single Best Wishes for your special day!🎂

@USN59-79 Congratulations on your Anniversary!💌

We've enjoyed cruising to AU from SF, Vancouver and Seattle--three wonderful times but no Townsville and two of the ships were HAL.🛳️ (?) The circumnavigation was a great experience and one of our best memories.🦘🐨

🙏Prayers to all in need and a big Thank You to all health care workers.

FB_IMG_1616943241029 (2).jpg

• Like 21

A little background on interracial marriage.  In 1963 it was a felony in 19 states.  I spoke to a Navy legal officer in Taipei and he explained the law to me.  Said that if we married the Navy would ensure that we were not transferred to one of those states, like Virginia.  We were transferred to California.  In 1967 the U.S. Supreme Court struck down those laws in the case of Loving vs Virginia.  We had to get permission from the Navy to marry and go thru some interviews.  For example the Navy Chaplain told us "These marriages seldom last very long, but if you insist on marrying you should get married in the Navy Chapel".  I told him "No thank you, sir". and we were married by an Episcopal missionary whose church I attended.

Ray

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

A little background on interracial marriage.  In 1963 it was a felony in 19 states.  I spoke to a Navy legal officer in Taipei and he explained the law to me.  Said that if we married the Navy would ensure that we were not transferred to one of those states, like Virginia.  We were transferred to California.  In 1967 the U.S. Supreme Court struck down those laws in the case of Loving vs Virginia.  We had to get permission from the Navy to marry and go thru some interviews.  For example the Navy Chaplain told us "These marriages seldom last very long, but if you insist on marrying you should get married in the Navy Chapel".  I told him "No thank you, sir". and we were married by an Episcopal missionary whose church I attended.

Ray

You sure proved them wrong  Congratulations..

Roy

• Like 14

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks to Rich and Roy and everyone!  Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday, Happy Vaccine Day, Happy Tuesday!  

One of the most annoying things about this Covid is the feeling of lack of control!  BC is having a spike, so yesterday Dr, Bonnie announced  a 3-week "circuit breaker" lockdown.  So much for Easter!  Whistler ski resort area is shut down completely, children may continue going to school but all ages must mask, everyone to stay close to home, etc., etc.  It's one step forward, two steps back.  AstraZeneca has been halted again, for anyone under 55 now (before it was over 65) while we wait to see what is happening in Europe with the blood clots.

We have been to Australis, and looking forward to going there again next year (with @sailingdutchy), but we have not visited Townsville.  I'm not even sure where it is - top, bottom, left or right?

I have not got as far as thinking about dinner tonight, I have sort of figured out lunch.   Maybe some curried chicken tonight.  The other alternative might just be eggs.  I am in control!

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Ray

Happy anniversary and thank you for the back story.

• Like 10