No more cruises with NCL. Mandatory Vaccines?

BIG POOCH

It seems there are enough people who want to get the vaccine to be able to travel again that it will far outweigh those who don't get vaccinated.. Even if they exclude unvaccinated people and only allow vaccinated for awhile, it is far better than sitting idly by each month.. I do believe enough people will have been vaccinated to fill the ships to whatever capacity they start with.

Edited by kristi195
  • Like 8

This may be true, but I am so ready to cruise that I do not care about the protocols they may have to follow. Just give me a balcony, food, drink and a good book and I will be happy.. I realize cruising will be different but I choose to be flexible and go with the flow, especially on my TA planned for this fall. I will be happy gazing out at the sea and relaxing... I guess I am an optimist. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kristi195 said:

This may be true, but I am so ready to cruise that I do not care about the protocols they may have to follow. Just give me a balcony, food, drink and a good book and I will be happy.. I realize cruising will be different but I choose to be flexible and go with the flow, especially on my TA planned for this fall. I will be happy gazing out at the sea and relaxing... I guess I am an optimist. 

I love your optimism!  I hope ships are sailing by the time your TA rolls around and I look forward to your review.  I'll have to cruise vicariously through others  for a while, I guess.  My last cruise was February 29, 2020...the second to last sailing before the complete shutdown.  If I knew then how much the world of cruising was about to change, I'm pretty sure I would have done some things differently.  Should I ever embark again, I swear I will never take it for granted again!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

In my state, 40% are already vaccinated, it’s still hard to get appointments, most want them. 20% of cases have no symptoms, 60% mild/moderate needing no hospital treatment, 20% need treatment. 

I don't know our state's stats but I know that lots of people are getting the vaccine here as well.  My daughter is a pharmacist and she is actually administering the shot just about as regularly as she is filling prescriptions.  I'm happy the vaccine is available for those who want it and if it gives peace of mind, then it's worth it on that front. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I don't know our state's stats but I know that lots of people are getting the vaccine here as well.  My daughter is a pharmacist and she is actually administering the shot just about as regularly as she is filling prescriptions.  I'm happy the vaccine is available for those who want it and if it gives peace of mind, then it's worth it on that front. 

Georgia has really opened up. I have two kids in college in Atlanta; they and all their friends have had their first vaccine and the second scheduled for Saturday. They started slowly but have really kickedup the pace. 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2021 at 7:49 AM, Daytonasailor said:

Not sure of kids at this time. We are concerned as our grandson (11) is booked to sail with us on 18 Dec. His 12th birthday is 11 Dec. OK, he gets a shot then, but don't you have to wait two weeks? I hope all of this mess is decided soon.

NH is suppose to have kids 12 and up but he will still not be able to cruise, unless the age goes lower by Sept. But we need to be committed 90 days out so need to know in July. Will ask his parents their thoughts, they have the final say.

We get our second shot on Tuesday cant wait 

Its our choice to get it and hopeful others will make the same choice 

The cruiselines want to get back to making money and if they say all pax need proof of vaccine

Their ships Their rules

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Hope your wife is grateful, it must me amazing to spend time in your company......
Glad you won't be allowed onboard & I won't risk that experience.

I know.. I thought the same thing.. Forced to dine alone with his wife. hahaha.. Actually my husband and I prefer to dine alone. We would rather relax and chat with each other than listening to a bunch of chatter. lolol To each his or her own! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Here's a link to a recent bit of research you may find interesting.  It underscores several of the misgivings I have for the mRNA vaccine.  At the risk of being "selfish" and I have been accused of here today, perhaps some will find it helpful in their journey for information.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.12.422516v1.full.pdf

A bit of dated light reading there.  I did not see the word vaccine in the article.

• Like 1

Just now, kristi195 said:

I know.. I thought the same thing.. Forced to dine alone with his wife. hahaha.. Actually my husband and I prefer to dine alone. We would rather relax and chat with each other than listening to a bunch of chatter. lolol To each his or her own! 

So do we, unbelievable isn't it?

• Like 3

You might get Covid, but it wouldn't be serious. Covid isn't going away anytime soon. I'm vaccinated, but still watch what I'm doing, try to social distance, and wear a mask in stores or restaurants, except when eating, whether they require masks or not. I'm not going to let a small chance of getting the virus affect my choices to enjoy myself, and that includes cruising..

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

A bit of dated light reading there.  I did not see the word vaccine in the article.

Not sure I'd call an article released in December "dated".  I believe they (the authors) do not view the mRNA injection to be a vaccine and so therefore, don't use that word.  Agree, it's a lot to wade through.  I've waded through a lot to come to the conclusion that's right for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My daughter is a pharmacist and she is actually administering the shot just about as regularly as she is filling prescriptions.

One of my neighbors is a student at a local pharmacology school.  She graduates in May.  She's been pressed into service at local vaccinations sites (seemingly a different one every day) and is administering 150 a day...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kristi195 said:

It seems there are enough people who want to get the vaccine to be able to travel again that it will far outweigh those who don't get vaccinated.. Even if they exclude unvaccinated people and only allow vaccinated for awhile, it is far better than sitting idly by each month.. I do believe enough people will have been vaccinated to fill the ships to whatever capacity they start with.

Don't forget those people who will choose to cruise BECAUSE vaccines will be required.  Safer than anyplace on land.   

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jonbgd said:

Alot of cruises my wife prefers a 2 top

I think she still likes me 😁

Same here. My DH and I enjoy just the two of us having our meals together. Every now and then we enjoy sharing a table with others. 

Edited by Goldconnection
Correction
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Summerstravel said:

I had my first dose of the vaccine on Thursday. The only side effect was my arm was a little sore. I get my second dose on May 6th. I can't wait to get back to cruising. I have a cruise scheduled out Jamaica on the Norwegian Joy on Sept. 11th. 

Hubby and I have shots in arms and ready to go on our b2b2b. We took different vaccines and other than a sore arm for me (nothing for him) there were no side effects.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Goldconnection said:

Same here. My DH and I enjoy just the two of us having our meal together. Every now and then we enjoy sharing a table with others. 

Right, since we dont get to many date nights at home she likes just the 2 of us .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

So do we, unbelievable isn't it?

Been married 45 years. In the 'old' days (first cruise as a 20 something was in 1972) had no choice as cruising was very different then and tables of six/eight the norm. But for the last several years always request a table for two, will wait half an hour for a table for two rather than share. We are sociable people and happy to chat to people at bars, poolside, etc, but prefer to eat in peace and enjoy our meals without distractions. Desperate to cruise again, we've had our two Pfizer shots in January and February, but have resigned ourselves to just doing traveling within the US for the next few months visiting family out of state. Would jump on a last minute cruise if a suitable opportunity became available, but only if all passengers/crew had to be vaccinated/tested. Have made too many sacrifices over the past year or so to screw things up now by taking risks. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, jaapie said:

Been married 45 years. In the 'old' days (first cruise as a 20 something was in 1972) had no choice as cruising was very different then and tables of six/eight the norm. But for the last several years always request a table for two, will wait half an hour for a table for two rather than share. We are sociable people and happy to chat to people at bars, poolside, etc, but prefer to eat in peace and enjoy our meals without distractions. Desperate to cruise again, we've had our two Pfizer shots in January and February, but have resigned ourselves to just doing traveling within the US for the next few months visiting family out of state. Would jump on a last minute cruise if a suitable opportunity became available, but only if all passengers/crew had to be vaccinated/tested. Have made too many sacrifices over the past year or so to screw things up now by taking risks. 

Yes.. I agree with everything you said. We like to be social WHEN we want to be, and sharing a meal on a cruise with strangers is not one of them, unless of course we met a great couple we liked and made arrangements.  And I am for the vaccine to cruise and travel, as we have been waiting a year to go to Europe again and stay for a few months, I think for US citizens to go to the EU, they will require vaccines, and I am ready, willing, vaccinated and able.. We need to begin living again WITH our vaccines..

• Like 4