BUMMER: PORT AUTHORITY OF NY & NJ

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Believe me I tried the entire Hackensack Meridien Hospital chain with no success.  A friend of mine told me to go to the Monmouth County web site a few minutes after midnight and you'll get an appointment.  Well that night I set the alarm for 12:05 and get on my trusty computer and log into the website--guess what--no luck.  Couldn't even get to list my name down.

Tried a couple of times and simply gave up.

Also, tried as I heard if you wait till closing times at certain location and if there no shows, you may get the vaccine--no such luck.

try rite aid, cvs, county sites...  If over 65, call Walmart or Sams club pharmacies.  They are only doing 65 and over.

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

This is also the case at may sites in NYC.  They load the new appointments together at midnight.

This is also how they're doing them here in VA and from what I understand almost everywhere.  They have to load them sometime and midnight works.  My oldest son snagged one at CVS at midnight as they hit the system.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

try rite aid, cvs, county sites...  If over 65, call Walmart or Sams club pharmacies.  They are only doing 65 and over.

Thank you, but if you read my post # 101, I'm all set.

11 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

sorry.  I Read post 117 which didn't look like you were.  In any case, perhaps my post may help someone else in NJ.  

No problem.  My post #117 was me venting at the frustration of certain websites and getting my name on  listed for the vaccine.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

No problem.  My post #117 was me venting at the frustration of certain websites and getting my name on  listed for the vaccine.

np.  It is an adventure getting an appointment.  Im glad I was in 1A and done by my job in January.  I have been helping a lot of people get appointments and its a PITA especially with the ones with no cell phones.

3 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

np.  It is an adventure getting an appointment.  Im glad I was in 1A and done by my job in January.  I have been helping a lot of people get appointments and its a PITA especially with the ones with no cell phones.

Good for you.

10 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

At least when you finally get that appointment in NJ the sites seem to function efficiently.  We were in and out in 1/2 hour.  Back in February DD had an appointment at a NYC run site on Staten Island.  Had to stand on line outdoors in cold for 4 hours.  No seating available and most on line were seniors.

I know there are some people on this site who decry our NHS but it's threads like these that make me realise how fantastic its been with our vaccine rollout. All medical/carers, all those with pre-existing health conditions and all those over 50 have now been offered vaccines and this week we move onto over 40s. I realise we're a much smaller country but our centralised system has made the process so much easier to manage fairly 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobal said:

I know there are some people on this site who decry our NHS but it's threads like these that make me realise how fantastic its been with our vaccine rollout. All medical/carers, all those with pre-existing health conditions and all those over 50 have now been offered vaccines and this week we move onto over 40s. I realise we're a much smaller country but our centralised system has made the process so much easier to manage fairly 

We are vaccinating 16 and up. The problem is that in densely populated areas like NY and NJ there just aren't enough appointments. The drug stores are only vaccinating 200 people a day and with needing 2 appointments that averages to 100 a day.  This week we only provided second dose vaccines. No new patients all week. It's probably going to be like this for the next two weeks. When all of the second dose patients are finished we will start over with new patients. 

Edited by Iamcruzin

My husband just got his second shot yesterday at Publix.  My son 36 has had his first shot at Publix.  I had my second shot in February.  There are so many places here that offer vaccinations that even the 20 somethings that I volunteer with have had at least one shot.  They have closed a testing site from lack of use and moved those people to the mass vaccination center.  This week they are offering walk in clinics every day.  Our area seems to be using the Moderna vaccine for most of the shots.

12 hours ago, dsvd79 said:

yup I snagged mine at Rite Aid at 11:45pm.  There was 2 appointments available and I snagged mine.  2nd shot is this Friday!

We miss you!

Glad you got your appointemnets. Our second shots are next week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 5:16 PM, Iplayslots said:

My brother works for the PANYNJ. He works at Port Newark in logistics and marshaling.  He told me they were going over reopening of non public ship terminals for both NY & NJ.  Someone asked about the NYC & Port Liberty cruise ship terminals.  They were told they will remain shuttered until 2nd quarter 2022.  All sailings of passenger vessels have been cancelled until then at minimum.   They expect this to be a press release by 5/1.

The husband of the best friend of one of my daughters also works for the PANYNJ .He and his wife cruise a lot.He told us the very same thing which was very disappointing to him.

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The husband of the best friend of one of my daughters also works for the PANYNJ .He and his wife cruise a lot.He told us the very same thing which was very disappointing to him.

If they do this, I hope port reopens for march 2022 otherwise my husband will miss another BD cruise and remain the same age for another year.  Missed 2020, 2021 hopefully not 2022.

A lot can change in a short time.  

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I guess our TA on the Anthem from Southampton on October 20th to Cape Liberty won't happen.   Still hoping for our Canary Islands Anthem October 9th from Southampton.   Only time will tell.

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If they do this, I hope port reopens for march 2022 otherwise my husband will miss another BD cruise and remain the same age for another year.  Missed 2020, 2021 hopefully not 2022.

A lot can change in a short time.  

My wife and I were on a cruise for her 50th.birthday and my 70th.birthday.

The latter was with our children and grand children. My son in law Eric arranged for a birthday cake with my name on it.My family and the wait staff began to sing but on the cake instead of Lenny it said Eric.😀

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I guess our TA on the Anthem from Southampton on October 20th to Cape Liberty won't happen.   Still hoping for our Canary Islands Anthem October 9th from Southampton.   Only time will tell.

I love the Anthem.Hopefully you will be able to go.

On 4/13/2021 at 7:53 AM, Keksie said:

My husband just got his second shot yesterday at Publix.  My son 36 has had his first shot at Publix.  I had my second shot in February.  There are so many places here that offer vaccinations that even the 20 somethings that I volunteer with have had at least one shot.  They have closed a testing site from lack of use and moved those people to the mass vaccination center.  This week they are offering walk in clinics every day.  Our area seems to be using the Moderna vaccine for most of the shots.

This is devastating for me - I still had my hopes set on high.  We were going to NYC for a high school reunion (we have not lived in New York State for over 50 years) and then onto the ship, then off for a week, and then back on.  I REALLY wanted to sail out of the NYC area.  I am going to keep hoping until they make some sort of announcement but, after this, I know it is probably doomed.  My heart is sort of broken; when will we (all of us) EVER get to sail again?  I seek some 'normality' in my life!

Edited by keyboardjunkie

Thought this was about being able to cruise out of NJ or NY and all I read is how and where to get a Covid shot.  Maybe all you who want to know should start a new thread just for that information.  Since I live in NV I do not care how hard it is to get a shot or where to go outside NV.

• Like 1

NYC mayor DeBlasio announced today that NYC will be fully open for business on 7/1/21 with no restrictions.  He's looking to get tourism going again.  Unfortunately DeBlasio doesn't run the NY Port Authority so no telling what if anything this means for cruise industry.

https://fortune.com/2021/04/29/nyc-fully-reopen-tourism-covid/

• Like 1