Super Mario?

40 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Never met the guy and  as far as I know, never sailed on a cruise with him.  Not sure why, but I just wondered,  as he is always the top cruiser on board, if he accepts the free bottle of wine presented at the C&A top tier event.  Or,  does he defer it to the next in line?   He certainly has a right to accept the gift...just wondered.  

M

Maybe they don't give him that particular award as it might not be fair? Or maybe he has asked them not to give it to him? I believe the number 2 sailor behind Mario is possibly like 1500 nights behind him may be even more than that. He has more than 7000 anchor points  -I am assuming 1 point per night onboard. None one is even close to catching him I don't think and I don't think anyone ever could. There are well travelled people on here but none of them are even close.

I've just barely hit diamond and I know I have already been on two cruises with Mario.  At the welcome back events, I do remember they gave him a bottle of wine both times and I'm pretty sure that he has given it to someone else.

From what I remember, it was a "and our cruiser with the highest number of points is...", bring him up to the floor, give him the bottle, and then ask him to "say a few words" where he gives a quick commercial as to why he likes Royal.  Then after the event is wrapping up, some of the other pinnacles come up to say hi, people chat a bit, and I think he passed the bottle to people he knows from previous sailings.

At his point level, he would get 5 drinks per night during happy hours and I can't imagine he doesn't have at least 100 shares of stock for that benefit.  I doubt he ever has to pay for anything on board.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Maybe they don't give him that particular award as it might not be fair? Or maybe he has asked them not to give it to him? I believe the number 2 sailor behind Mario is possibly like 1500 nights behind him may be even more than that. He has more than 7000 anchor points  -I am assuming 1 point per night onboard. None one is even close to catching him I don't think and I don't think anyone ever could. There are well travelled people on here but none of them are even close.

Plenty have sailed with him and  likely observed the top tier event.   Awarding the gift is fair, as the top cruiser is traditionally recognized at the top tier event.   I simply wondered if he accepted it, or deferred. He has every right to accept it. 

The person behind him on most cruises is way more then 1500 points behind him. More like 5000 points behind.   I believe the top two  C&A cruisers  after him,   company wide  are in the 5000 range.  I know one of them, a very nice cruiser.   Then it takes a sharp decline after that.  (others on these boards might know the numbers better than I do) 

You are incorrect in your comment of one point per night.   As a solo cruiser, if Mario was in a non suite cabin, he received  TWO points per night.   

Honestly not sure why I even asked  the question.  It is none of my business, and about a person I don't even know!

M

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rewind said:

I've just barely hit diamond and I know I have already been on two cruises with Mario.  At the welcome back events, I do remember they gave him a bottle of wine both times and I'm pretty sure that he has given it to someone else.

From what I remember, it was a "and our cruiser with the highest number of points is...", bring him up to the floor, give him the bottle, and then ask him to "say a few words" where he gives a quick commercial as to why he likes Royal.  Then after the event is wrapping up, some of the other pinnacles come up to say hi, people chat a bit, and I think he passed the bottle to people he knows from previous sailings.

At his point level, he would get 5 drinks per night during happy hours and I can't imagine he doesn't have at least 100 shares of stock for that benefit.  I doubt he ever has to pay for anything on board.

Thank you Rewind.  

M

1 hour ago, Rewind said:

At his point level, he would get 5 drinks per night during happy hours and I can't imagine he doesn't have at least 100 shares of stock for that benefit. 

Based on the precedent on Quantum, Ps may get 6 drinks per day at anytime.  Not sure what being  a stock holder has to do with getting a drink benefit. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Based on the precedent on Quantum, Ps may get 6 drinks per day at anytime.  Not sure what being  a stock holder has to do with getting a drink benefit. 

$100 on board credit per week.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ace2542 said:

In answer to your question which has not really been answered at least on travel.

Mario is believed to have been on various RCL ships since at least 2000 maybe even 1999. For the previous I believe 18 months to 2 years before the Covid hit he was onboard either the Liberty or Freedom of the seas for that entire period.

We were on the last Oasis cruise in March 2020 and he was on then. I think he was on there since it came back to the US after being amplified. 

47 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

And people are in them drinking pints and cheering on Chelsea?  Really?  Or are they semi vacant buildings in decaying street blocks?

That's really insulting.  They are not in "decaying street blocks."  Besides, they are cheering on Liverpool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone wanting to make a run to catch him should have booked through September 2022 at least to get the double points offer, and in a suite, solo, so it'd be 6 points per night. That could potentially get someone about 2400 points through then, if you don't mind scrambling around the non-US sailing departures for a while. Since he usually takes inside cabins, traveling solo would only get him 2 points, and at double points, he'd be getting 4 every night... so you do have an opportunity to gain on him, at least. 🙂

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, yogimax said:

That's really insulting.  They are not in "decaying street blocks."  Besides, they are cheering on Liverpool.

As usual no answer to a specific question.  Not sure why I bother trying to have an intelligent conversation.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I should have split that statement up:
He gets a drink benefit per day for being Pinnacle / he probably has stock and gets a $100 credit per week to use on other items.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rewind said:

From what I remember, it was a "and our cruiser with the highest number of points is...", bring him up to the floor, give him the bottle, and then ask him to "say a few words" where he gives a quick commercial as to why he likes Royal

I don't like that you know. Them putting Mario on the spot every cruise like they are taking advantage of him. Despite all the glad handing they won't put him on the payroll in some form?

15 hours ago, Rewind said:

At his point level, he would get 5 drinks per night during happy hours and I can't imagine he doesn't have at least 100 shares of stock for that benefit.  I doubt he ever has to pay for anything on board

Is he allowed to access the crew bar and get to hang out with the staff below decks?

I'm just stating what my observations have been and I don't know if he has stock or not (but if he is living on a ship like he has been, it would make sense).

I have also seen him in some Royal TV spots / interviews while on board.  And not like a quick "there's Mario" but a full sit down interview that was recorded onboard, sent to Royal's PR department, edited, polished, and then distributed to the fleet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I don't like that you know. Them putting Mario on the spot every cruise like they are taking advantage of him. Despite all the glad handing they won't put him on the payroll in some form?

Is he allowed to access the crew bar and get to hang out with the staff below decks?

The highest point cruiser  ( sometimes the top three) is announced  on most every cruise at the C&A top tier event, or sometimes at the Captains welcome event, on shorter cruises.  The top cruiser receives a gift, traditionally a bottle of wine.    I suspect if he minded, he would decline the limelight. 

Mario has been in RCCL promotion videos  that are shown of the ship TV.  Why would/should anyone know  about a passenger's investment portfolio.   There is a nice on board credit for stockholders (only need 100 shares).   

He is not crew.  He is a paying guest. 

M

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The highest point cruiser  ( sometimes the top three) is announced  on most every cruise at the C&A top tier event, or sometimes at the Captains welcome event, on shorter cruises.  The top cruiser receives a gift, traditionally a bottle of wine.    I suspect if he minded, he would decline the limelight. 

Mario has been in RCCL promotion videos  that are shown of the ship TV.  Why would/should anyone know  about a passenger's investment portfolio.   There is a nice on board credit for stockholders (only need 100 shares).   

He is not crew.  He is a paying guest. 

M

But in terms of the social situation. I will use an english word you may never have heard of it - at least I think it is english - and you can google it it is not offensive. He is flitting from group of mates to groups of mates hanging out with different people every trip. 

Why not give him access to the crew bar let him hang out with the staff whom he knows better then the passengers and let him have that social situation? Making him a brand ambassador would achieve that situation?

11 hours ago, yogimax said:

All of them for Liverpool.  What's the connection?

I know nothing of soccer, but I seem to notice teams like Manchester and Barcelona more

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

All of them for Liverpool.  What's the connection?

I know nothing of soccer, but I seem to notice teams like Manchester and Barcelona more

Liverpool do have a lot fans in NYC to be fair. The top 4 supported soccer clubs in no particular order in NYC are Liverpool, Arsenal, Roma and Celtic. Those teams have more than 1 supporters bars. 

• Like 1