Super Mario?

45 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

He once said to me, why can't people see that I am working here. I replied,      "you are sitting on the pool deck on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. Not many associate that with working."

And when it is  a new quarter, he has to print quarterly reports for his clients.

If I needed to accomplish something and didn't want distractions I probably would not be on the pool deck.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Nobody said he is rich

People on here have in the past. Some people on here think he is this super wealthy minted as we say in UK guy and he is not. He is working slob like the rest of us. If he was wealthy I think the super mario thing would be a lot more trimmed down. There are or where and will be again I am sure people who live on cruise ships without drawing attention to themselves like Mario does by his working the way he does. Part of the attention he gets is for the working.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I needed to accomplish something and didn't want distractions I probably would not be on the pool deck.

Thank you! They could surely find space for Mario in the offices onboard no?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Thank you! They could surely find space for Mario in the offices onboard no?

Everyone here knows the noise, commotion, and distractions of the pool deck on a Caribbean sea day. It is far from an environment conducive to work requiring concentration. I won't speculate as to the reasons for him setting up his "office" there.... but I have my thoughts on the matter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Everyone here knows the noise, commotion, and distractions of the pool deck on a Caribbean sea day. It is far from an environment conducive to work requiring concentration. I won't speculate as to the reasons for him setting up his "office" there.

I guess it just works for him. It's outside where he can smoke. He did say how much he was saving by booking an inside cabin instead of a balcony,  but he did  it because it removed the temptation to smoke there. But he still went to the pool deck  before when balcony smoking  was allowed.

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Interesting. Doesn't he get like discount or even a comp spar beauty treatment so ergo haircut with his top level membership? 

Haircuts are not important to Royals top mgmt😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ace2542 said:

You have the got the wrong end of the stick. They are talking about new york and english soccer supporters not london and house prices.😀 Sadly liverpool are more supported then Chelsea. Are you a newcastle or sunderland fan Graham? Sunderland are not well supported in NYC though the toon army are legendary. You have probably seen their exploits in the newcastle chronicle over the years. Drums and all kinds.

I was replying to the comment :-

Decaying Street Blocks.

Chelsea is one of the most affluent area's in the UK.

We go to restaurants in Newcastle but I am a Sunderland supporter.

The Netflix documentary.

Sunderland till I die was watched by millions of people worldwide.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Decaying Street Blocks.

The Netflix documentary.

Decaying referred to NYC

All I know about Chelsea is Chelsea Tractor. And maybe a Rolling Stones lyric

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Decaying referred to NYC

All I know about Chelsea is Chelsea Tractor. And maybe a Rolling Stones lyric

Harrod's is in Knightsbridge Kensington the Chelsea area of London.

Chelsea are an English Premier league football club owned by a Russian Billionaire Roman Abramovich.

I have never met Mario but as most of us miss our cruising I'm sure he definitely will be missing his cruising.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Graham, How are things going after all the frenzy over Prince Phillip?

Marietta

Hi Marietta.

Harry is isolating at his and Meghan's cottage in the grounds of Kensington palace.

Things have been very quiet regarding Prince Philip and the Royal family this week

His funeral is at 3pm on Saturday and 30 family members will attend.

Lots of sporting events kick off times have been moved from 3pm to 12.30pm so everyone can show their respects and watch the funeral on TV.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Decaying Street Blocks.

The Netflix documentary.

Sunderland_AFC_cat_badge.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Interesting. Doesn't he get like discount or even a comp spar beauty treatment so ergo haircut with his top level membership? And entering below deck without permission would be a breach of security.

Mario has got issues to be fair. He probably likes seeing people coming and going from his life and not sticking around.

As a pinnacle member, yes, he is entitled to a discount at the spa which includes a hair salon.  

I often get my hair cut  on cruise ships. On one cruise, the captain was at the next  chair. Apparently the  captain uses the regular (passenger) spa for his hair services. 

m

• Like 1

I am by no means an anti-masker.  However, we had some “on-site” meetings for work this month, and I had to wear a mask all day.  I was hot and uncomfortable, especially when taking meetings with a headset.  If I were super Mario, and they required me to wear a mask at my poolside “office” all day, I probably wouldn’t go back to cruising.  I know people get used to wearing a mask all day, but it still seems like it would be hot and annoying day after day.

• Like 1